• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone know anything aboout this car on ebay

Well... it's obvious that it has been repainted. I would make a comment about the seats, but he said they are replacements. I guess the question is... if it's such a "great car", then why would he sell it so cheaply??

Beware of this one.

It had been offered on Ebay motors as auction number 2421534355; that auction had a pic of the serial number plate on the door jamb that didn't match the serial number in the VIN claimed by the seller. The current ad (by someone with 0 feedback) lists yet a third VIN, and has a photo of the VIN plate through the windshield that just shows the first 6 characters. :rolleyes:

It might have more miles than claimed, too. See the discussion of it in the thread at
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19479

There's some scary stuff on Ebay motors.

You did not miss anything. It was a salvage title although clean on Carfax (can we really trust carfax?) The seats, engine and trans was stolen and replace with items from 93 model with about 65K miles, there was a ding on the driver side door and probably only worth the price sold for. I was interested until I spoke to the owner and received the inspection report.

WANTANNSX: _which_ Carfax report shows a clean title? Bear in mind that two different VINs were claimed the two times I saw it listed on Ebay (and I doubt that either one is correct; neither shows a California registration in Carfax).

I'm not saying Carfax is infallible, just that this one may be a case of misrepresentation by the seller.

Back