• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know of a 2002/2003 Silver/onyx ?

There is 1 in NJ

Hello,

There is a 2002 Silverstone/Black on consignment in Parsippany, NJ. It's probably a bit far for you, but the opportunity is great!! Here's what I know. It's at Paul Miller Porsche, it's not their car, it's on consignment. I used to be the parts Mgr. there 3 years ago, I was stopping by to say hello and I saw it. I happen to be in the market myself, but for 97,98, or 99. Nevertheless, I asked how much the guy is looking for. I was told $70,000 I couldn't believe it especially because the car only has 1600 miles on it!! Supposedly the owner wants to get rid of it because it scares him (at least that's what I was told) Personally I wish I had the means to buy it myself. I know all the sales people there, and one of them told me to take it out for a spin because it needs to be driven and filled up. The car drove incredibly!! (it better have, it's brand new). It is flawless, there is absolutely no blemishes inside or out. I have driven many 911s before including a few 993 TT, and I own a 1988 carrera. This was the first NSX I ever drove, I have wanted one since I was a junior in high school in 90. Let me tell you it was everything I have ever hoped and dreamed, I just hope the 97-99 drive the same way. Anyway, I am very long winded, but if you want, I can hook you up with a someone in sales that I know (everyone in that dealership is great!) just let me know.

John DeFini

Tom Larkins said:
Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City has a 02, but I don't know what the interior is ?
silver on silver

South Coast Acura Orange County (Costa Mesa, CA) has a 2003 Silver with Silver interior with 56 miles on their lot. I was there this morning for an oil change. Noticed that the headlight housing enclosure is the same color as the body color. No price listed on the window.

Tan

Thanks

Thanks to everyone that replied. I am buying the 2002 Silver/onyx in New Jersey. Special thanks to John Di Fini. The car has 1686 miles on it and at $70,000.00 seems to be a great deal.

If anyone has used a transport company they were happy with I would appreciate a name/phone number.:D

Tantheman said:
South Coast Acura Orange County (Costa Mesa, CA) has a 2003 Silver with Silver interior with 56 miles on their lot. I was there this morning for an oil change. Noticed that the headlight housing enclosure is the same color as the body color. No price listed on the window.

Tan

Just called, it has been sold.

I found one too!!

Hey,

I'm glad to have helped you out. Like I said the car is awesome, and everyone at that dealership is great. By the way, I also found one too!! I just won a Ebay auction today for a 99 Monte Carlo Blue/Tan with 32,000 miles for $49,100!! I am driving to VA tomorrow from NJ to take a look and drive it. Anyway, good luck with yours...enjoy it!!

John DeFini

Re: Thanks

bfudge said:
If anyone has used a transport company they were happy with I would appreciate a name/phone number.:D

TNT Auto Transport. 866-566-5227 and ask for Mary Anno. She'll give you a small discount if you tell her I recommended you.

They went out of their way to help me get my car in a timely manner. My contracts were screwed up a couple times and my original pickup date was missed due to the issues. From that point, they were sending trucks through Chicago with an open slot (for my car) should the contracts get approved. I talked to my dealer and they were fairly sure the thing would fund on May 8th. Mary parked her driver in Chicago for a few hours that day until I got a call that it had funded. They driver picked up my car and was in Colorado the next evening. I waited until Sat morning to pick it up just so I could inspect it in good light. It obviously made my weekend! They also call you daily to let you know where your car is, although I did not need that (this was a special case where my car was last to be picked up and 1st to be dropped off). I'm not sure how long they will tell you for a coast to coast transport, but they told me 4-5 days, which was way better than the 10 days to 2 weeks I got from most other places. Their pricing was reasonable. I paid ~$1200 from Chicago to Colorado Springs. Also, your car stays on 1 truck the entire trip, no terminals, no flatbed transports within the city. If the driver can get his 53' semi into your neighborhood, he'll drop it in front of your house. Anyway, I could not have been happier with my transport experience with them and have recommended them to several people already.

Andy
03 Blue/Onyx
97 Viper GTS - Sale pending!!!

PRETTY STRANGE BIDDING ON THE 99 ITEM 2416921757 ON E BAY. FERRARI is bidding against himself several times and then
starship hops in 19 minutes before the seller lowers the reserve to $49000-with a bid of 48999-WHAT A Co _INCIDENCE

My guess is that there was probably ONE legit bid and that was from JADCAR. Price appears to be very good though-

Good luck with the new car!

Very Disappointed

OK - here it goes. I don't want this to come off completely bad because the salesman at the "dealership in question" was trying to work the deal out (probably because they know what I am about to report). I won the Ebay auction on Friday for the 1999 Monte Carlo Blue NSX. I thought the bidding was going strange because the reserve was lowered to $49,000 and "Starshpcapt" bid $48,999???? (sounds like the dealer bidding on his own car). Anyway I won, and was literally going crazy, I was really psyched, I have wanted one of these cars for literally 13 years and the time was finally here!! Saturday morning I leave for VA with my wife and cash to go see the car, which by the way is listed as "excellent condition". 7 hours later I arrive, very tired, but excited. Now it gets strange, as soon as I get out of my jeep I see the NSX being pulled around, what was weird is the salesman wet the car, didn't wash it, he wet it. The car was dripping when I saw it, and moments later it dried and left white spots all over it (the water there was very hard). The point is I couldn't see the condition of the paint because it was so spotted, and I really didn't like the fact that he did that, it didn't seem right. So I start looking at the car. If anyone has seen this car listed you will remember the comments about the bumper not matching, well it doesn't, and neither did the rear bumper and a few other panels. I also picked up that a plastic rivet that holds the R/R fender well shielding was missing, I carefully pried back the shield and found body filler!!! I couldn't believe it!! After that I really started to look at every corner, and I found more!! I looked under the engine lid toward the air scoop on the passenger side of the car. On this side you can see the inside of the quarter (because the air filter isn't there) and I found 4 drill holes with body filler filling them. The holes were perfectly horizontal to each other and they must have been used to pull a dent, and then filled over. Now to the interior, first the shift knob wasn't from a NSX, and the boot wasn't attached to it. The boot was left slouched down around the shaft, leaving about 1.5 inches of exposed shift rod (very unattractive). The driver side door panel was removed, and replaced incorrectly with a half inch gap showing between the armrest and the door panel. There was something funky going on with the center mirror, I could see the outline of the mounting hardware through the glass, I don't know if this was from moisture? So here I am still trying to rationalize buying the car because of all the pent up emotion I have for these Acuras. So I start it, and the engine comes alive and starts to miss at idle!! So bad that my wife notices (she never notices things like that). It goes away at throttle but comes right back at idle. It could have been something simple, but what made it worse is the salesman says, "they all do that" I told him that I just drove a 2002 in Jersey and it didn't, beside Honda lawn mowers don't even miss, let alone their $89,000 flagship car!! I could not believe it!! I am one of those Honda freaks; I have worked for 2 Honda dealerships and 1 Acura dealership in my life. I have had 4 CRX SIs (one I still own) a Legend coupe, 2 accord coupes, an 86 Prelude SI, and a civic hatch, not one of these cars ever had a engine miss, and I bought none of these cars new, they all had over 30,000 miles when purchased by me!! This is such a shame because I have to say, the blue with the tan has to be the most incredible color combos I have ever seen!! Whoever destroyed this car in the first place should be hung!! What is ironic is on the long sorry ride home I stopped by a Saturn dealer (of all places) in Greenbrook, NJ and found a 1998 Black/Tan NSX!!!! With 28,000 miles, absolutely mint condition. I’m taking tomorrow off and taking my deposit over there. Can you believe I went all the way to VA and there was one less than 50 miles away, I wish they had it listed, then I wouldn’t have wasted my time and energy with Ebay.

John

Good For You

Sometimes what you are looking for is in your own backyard. Glad to hear things worked out for you. If you don't buy the one in NJ and are seriously considering the one that severly has for sale in Sherwood, OR. let me know and I will inspect the car for you. It is the least I could do after you found me mine. This car is probably 5 miles from me.

Last edited:
Wow, what a shame. Somehow I am not surprised though. Glad to hear you found another one, right by home no less! Hope it works out.

This whole story is a shame. Car is certainly suspect and should be reported as such whenever it shows on on Prime like it has in the past.

"SportsCars for Less" hmmm, shouldn't that name be changed to "SportsCars that Suck"

some advice please

Hey,

This guy down at the dealership in VA says he is going to come after me for cash because of the ebay auction!! Does he really have a leg to stand on, especially since the car was falsely listed as excellent condition. Any knowledge, and/or advice of this sort of thing would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Fraud

I would ask the dealer if he would like to be sued for fraud. He deliberately misrepresented the car. Don't let me try to shake you. Tell him you will sue him for fraud and damages (acutual as well as punitive).

I would also check ebays policy. I am sure they have some protection for misrepresentation.

John,

How closely did you inspect the car at Paul Miller Porsche ?
Would you mind doing a close up inspection for me ?
I wired half the money and am sending a Cashiers Check for the balance. I have conditioned the cashing of the check based on an inspection of the car. I do not want a car that has been repainted, dented, etc. In other words, I want a car in excellant condition.

Brad Fudge ([email protected])

Happy to inspect

Hi,

I spent about 1 hour standing around looking at the car, although I have to admit I didn't "inspect" it. However, it would be my pleasure to go down and do a complete walk around for you. I also have a Canon G1 that takes great macro shots, I can take a bunch of photos, burn them to CD, and overnight them to you if you like. A matter of fact, what I will do is stop buy Paul Miller tomorrow and inspect the car, I will take photos, and you can let me know if you want me to send them out to you (it would be no problem at all) It would be nice to say good bye to the silverstone NSX anyway, that car was the first NSX I ever drove and I will always remember it. By the way, I actually bought the 1998 Black/Tan one from Saturn of Greenbrook today!! They had me out of the dealership all in one day!! it has 28,000 miles and is in absolutely perfect condition. I paid $51,700 I think that's a fair price especially since the dealership was extra professional (I'm willing to pay a little more for the experience, especially after the VA dealership) I am going to send you a private message with my cell phone number on it so it will be easier to contact me, just let me know if you want me to send the photos to you.

John

Photos would be great. I will call you and give you my account number with Airborne Express if they are in your area. Otherwise I would be happy to send you a check for your costs.

I just listed my 1981 DeLorean on Ebay. I hope I can sell it before the NSX gets delivered or I will have to find a new house with a bigger garage.

costs, no problem

Don't worry about the costs for shipping. haha, I also have the same garage problem, my 911 has to live outside now.

Looking Again

Well I hate to say it but I am looking again. The Silver 2002 at Paul Miller Porsche turned out to be Silver/Silver not Silver/onyx and had a scrape down to the primer on the driver side door. Thanks to John DeFini for taking pictures and informing me of the error on the interior color.

If anyone knows or hears of a 2002 or 2003 Silver/Onyx please let me know.

Bfudge.

Re: Looking Again

bfudge said:
[B
If anyone knows or hears of a 2002 or 2003 Silver/Onyx please let me know.

Bfudge. [/B]

Did you see the post above yours? Jay Wolfe in KC, MO had one last Wednesday.

Back