• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this 2002 NSX? jh4na21622t000020

2002 NSX jh4na21622t000020

OK No PROBLEM. I know what I have, I have been a dealer for 15 years, I should know cars more then the avergae person. And yes time is a big issue with us, we are not a normal dealeship, we export and wholesale cars.

I have made an appointment with Acura for Monday. So I will keep everyone posted. Most likely on Wed. I will be back and hopefully post it, or just email the copies to whoever wants it. So be patient.

I have seen the car and driven the car. I did not buy it as there are considerable things wrong with it.

The motor is strong as the dealer states and the tranny is crisp but I would bet it is the original clutch and it needs to be changed soon, as engagement is at the top of the stroke, although it holds well.

Tires are worn, interior is worn in some spots and the carpet is not great for a car this old with this many miles. This car is far from pampered. It was driven daily in the NE in salt. Evidenced by rust on all steel brackets where ever you see them. License plate frame, front trunk compartment, etc. There is rust on some of the bolts on the engine crossbar that were probably replaced by not the proper OEM bolts, so the corrosion process has begun.

The panels do not align, as you know NSX panel aligment is the best in the industry and shouold be perfect. The car appears to have been repainted, I beleive from head to toe, there is a dimple on the trunk lid from the inside and the trunk lining is a mess. The gaskets are shot around the trunk and some missing at the front trunk. There appear to be some new parts in the front, replacement or damamge? From a distance the car looks very good but it is not up to NSX Prime owners' standards.

The car needs a lot of TLC and it could be a good car with the necessary effort. Like I said it ran very strong and is probably fundamentally OK. If you are picky, this is not for you, if you would like to bring her back, it is possible but you need a considerable savings on the price to be worth while. There are no records other than a carfax report, so we do not know the history, thus it is more of a mystery. Has the TB/WP been replaced? I would assume no and negotiate from there.

Any one interested must see this car before buying it. MY 2 cents...I feel it is our obligation to represent our perception of vehicles we have seen for the benefit of other NSX Prime members. I hope this helps until more information is available. The dealer rep I spoke to said he really didn't know much about these cars as they do not see them that often, this is not their specialty. I also beleive they are being forthright about what they know about the car, as most prime member will always know more about these cars than some dealer who happens upon them occaisionally, regardless of how many years they sell cars.

If you are that old who came and drove this car, and offered me 40K for the car, you are funny, apparently you have xray vision I guess. But like I said Monday Acura Delaer will tell what is up with the car. I only allowed 2 people drive this car. But I guess if you drive an MR2 :biggrin: you must a lot of experience with the kind of cars I keep in my stock. :smile: The prices I offer are unmatched and the quality of cars I offer is also unmatched. You can do your homework on that. I will see you all after the report from Acura. I am not trying to offend everyone, but a few people I am. If you need perfect cars maybe you should look at new cars.

See you all in a few days.

I have seen the car and driven the car. I did not buy it as there are considerable things wrong with it.

The motor is strong as the dealer states and the tranny is crisp but I would bet it is the original clutch and it needs to be changed soon, as engagement is at the top of the stroke, although it holds well.

Tires are worn, interior is worn in some spots and the carpet is not great for a car this old with this many miles. This car is far from pampered. It was driven daily in the NE in salt. Evidenced by rust on all steel brackets where ever you see them. License plate frame, front trunk compartment, etc. There is rust on some of the bolts on the engine crossbar that were probably replaced by not the proper OEM bolts, so the corrosion process has begun.

The panels do not align, as you know NSX panel aligment is the best in the industry and shouold be perfect. The car appears to have been repainted, I beleive from head to toe, there is a dimple on the trunk lid from the inside and the trunk lining is a mess. The gaskets are shot around the trunk and some missing at the front trunk. There appear to be some new parts in the front, replacement or damamge? From a distance the car looks very good but it is not up to NSX Prime owners' standards.

The car needs a lot of TLC and it could be a good car with the necessary effort. Like I said it ran very strong and is probably fundamentally OK. If you are picky, this is not for you, if you would like to bring her back, it is possible but you need a considerable savings on the price to be worth while. There are no records other than a carfax report, so we do not know the history, thus it is more of a mystery. Has the TB/WP been replaced? I would assume no and negotiate from there.

Any one interested must see this car before buying it. MY 2 cents...I feel it is our obligation to represent our perception of vehicles we have seen for the benefit of other NSX Prime members. I hope this helps until more information is available. The dealer rep I spoke to said he really didn't know much about these cars as they do not see them that often, this is not their specialty. I also beleive they are being forthright about what they know about the car, as most prime member will always know more about these cars than some dealer who happens upon them occaisionally, regardless of how many years they sell cars.

popcorn.gif

Huge mistake for the dealer to post as member. I think it will make the car an even harder sell now regardless of the inspection outcome.

The "discussion" thus far has left all potential buyers a discomfy feeling. With all the issue at hand, and knowing our community is watching & reading, he should have just done a third party inspection and include the report on autotrader (or post on Prime and advise he is the dealer), so everyone can see an objective 3rd party view by an inspector. This would definitely make the car an easier sale. Rather than to pretend a member and post test drive comments and pictures. Not a good move!

Used car dealer never learn how people's mind work. Especially in a close knit community like ours. Sometime, less explaining is better. The more you explain, the more people thinks you have something to hide even when you actually don't. An earlier completion of an inspection report would have given us plenty more comfort.

Just my 2cents

J2D
ps. I look forward seeing the acura inspection report.

OK know according to Acura everything checks out. They mentioned a brace is slightly bent, but leave it is not hurting anything because it is so minor. When I asked they said maybe something was on the road and someone drove over it and it touched the brace.

Know those people who came and looked and were experts :biggrin: can maybe go to Acura and tell them they dont know what they are doing.

Pictures are attached so take a look at it yourself. I am a busy person, I dont like to force people to buy or do anything they dont want. I am human and I do get anoyed. Thank You to the person who told me about this page and to the experts :tongue: that came to look at this car. Adios. All further info will be on our web page. www.highlinecar.com

Attachments

• NSX Report.jpg
    NSX Report.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 147
OK know according to Acura everything checks out. They mentioned a brace is slightly bent, but leave it is not hurting anything because it is so minor. When I asked they said maybe something was on the road and someone drove over it and it touched the brace.

Know those people who came and looked and were experts :biggrin: can maybe go to Acura and tell them they dont know what they are doing.

Pictures are attached so take a look at it yourself. I am a busy person, I dont like to force people to buy or do anything they dont want. I am human and I do get anoyed. Thank You to the person who told me about this page and to the experts :tongue: that came to look at this car. Adios. All further info will be on our web page. www.highlinecar.com

Is this car sold yet? I don't see it on e-bay anymore?
I was trying to sell my supra to use the money for a down payment.

synth19 said:
It would have probably been better to state you were the dealer in your first post rather then implying you are a third party.
+3> I am glad you chose to come clean after all.

I think you should have put in the burnt out R/R lamp and put on 2 new rear tires if they are worn. It is unsafe to sell a car with worn out tires. Especially with an NSX.

IMO, The previous owner did not appreciate the car enough and it shows.

It is probably just me, but a dealer with 15 years experience who can't take the few minutes to proof-read his own posts for errors, neglects to mention he is a dealer and then states he is a very busy person as a sort of explanation, would not be one I would trust. Hopefully he will have learned from his little experience on this site.

O well, the search is back on for me! My supra hasn't sold yet anyways maybe this week!:cool:

yea bro wait for the quality NSX with a private owner IMO - the private owner is more likely to cooperate with you and do everything in his power to make it an easy sale.

Stay away from people (dealers) who can't be bothered to help you out when looking at NSX's... I've seen some shady dealers when I was looking for mine and I'm glad I waited. haha I remember reading posts like mine when I was anxious and looking... its not what I wanted to hear but its the safe bet... Good luck!

Back