• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know where I can purchase the OEM Titanium Key Uncut?

I just ordered 2 of these keys from my parts guy last month. No problems at all, and they came a few days later. I didn't know they were in limited supply.

I just ordered 2 of these keys from my parts guy last month. No problems at all, and they came a few days later. I didn't know they were in limited supply.

Ben - do you know if you can rig the titanium key to work with a 97+? I've asked a few times but no one seems to know (or they don't have a 97+ hehe:wink: ). I'd like to "use" the titanium key, if my valet key is sitting on my keychain next to the ignition. Would that work?

Ben - do you know if you can rig the titanium key to work with a 97+? I've asked a few times but no one seems to know (or they don't have a 97+ hehe:wink: ). I'd like to "use" the titanium key, if my valet key is sitting on my keychain next to the ignition. Would that work?

Sorry, don't have the answer to that one. I bought them more as memorabilia/collector pieces. You know, you can test it by getting one of the cheap blanks from a hardware store type place, having it cut, then trying it out with the valet key on the keychain.

What I've heard of some people doing is taping the transponder key under the dash, maybe?

I've got a 97 and was told by the dealership that I couldn't use the titanium keys because they don't have the microchip that the 97+ models need (added security with the changing technologies).

I've got a 97 and was told by the dealership that I couldn't use the titanium keys because they don't have the microchip that the 97+ models need (added security with the changing technologies).

That is true, but most people use the metal key as a conversation piece and still have a normal transponder key on the same keyring to start the car. You can actually use it to start the car if you do a little trink to fool the transponder using a good key. It has been discussed here before. The main drawback to that is is makes it much easier for someone to steal the car.

We already knew that. That doesn't answer the question, i.e. whether having a key with the chip close to the ignition, such as on the same key chain, is enough to get the car to start with a non-chipped key.

Back