• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone near Scottsdale, AZ 85260 willing to check out NSX for me?

I earlier asked info for the SE region on a seemingly very interesting NSX, but several Prime members provided very useful info why NOT to go after the NSX for sale there.

A new attempt for another car that I found:
I found an add for a possibly very nice '04 NSX blue/tan (with relatively high mileage for it's age, about 48K mls) for sale on Autotrader with a cartrader at Scottsdale, AZ 85260
http://www.mjbautosales.com/detail-2004-acura-nsx-t-1896119.html

From the pics there I can already see that:
-left exhaust tip is missing and diffusor on left side seems a bit more backward than on right side
-on pict of left door opening, I can see left rubber door/window seal near roof has a tear about 3" from where the roof is.
So a bit strange things on such a young car, possibly not to well maintained, thrashed?

It was on Ebay too a few days ago and I made a low bid, but though beeing the highest bidder it didn't reach it's reserve.

Autocheck lists it as lease vehicle with (if I understand right) 2 users and sold at auction 14/06/07 as fleet/lease.

Today I received email from seller asking, if still interested, to please contact them.

I may be interested, but beeing in Europe, I need to know if it is a really good/honest car before taking all the trouble of setting things in motion to possibly get it.

Anyone here with good NSX knowledge and really close to that location, have info on the car or willing to check out the car for me?

You can contact me direct: [email protected]
Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi rsevo6,

That place is right down the street from me so at least the dealership is legit. I'll try to go by there today at lunch and check it out for ya.

Joprimo,
Thanks for the offer, I mailed you yesterday.
Been there/know anything yet?
Please send any info that you have by email, all will be much appreciated.

It looks really nice in the photos.

The only red flag for me is that it's been re-auctioned several times in recent months. The Buy-It-Now price is slowly and steadily dropping. So, either it's way over-priced and the seller is slowly learning that it's over-priced and very determined not to sell for much less than about $60K...OR, there's issues with the car that people who are bidding know and are bidding low accordingly and waiting for the seller to give in.

It is a pretty car though, eh?

Good luck

Just the fact that the dealer or the previous owners didn't bother to put on a new exhaust tip get me thinking about what else they could be neglecting on the car. What's up with that!!!!!

I agree, you think they would have a connection with a muffler shop. I actually live up the street, but can't stop over there until the weekend. JP, Did you ever get over there at lunch? T.

Back