• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone replace their cluster lights?

I am thinking that I want to change mine out (many are burned out - which is expected after 340K miles). I have spares but am thinking I don't want to do this job twice (i.e. maybe I should buy new bulbs!)

Anybody done this job yet?

And no, am not ready for the S2K conversion yet. Liked it for about thirty seconds and then decided otherwise.

Once you have the gauge cluster out, the bulbs install in seconds with a 90 degree twist right on the back of the cluster.
If it is the bulbs that illuminate the needles, there are a few screws to remove the small circuit board on top with 2 bulbs inside the board. Once you pull the cluster one time, you'll realize how easily it can be done again. I can get mine out in 10 minutes. Also, check for leaking capacitors on the printed circuit boards.

I changed mine out to some bright LEDs but it didn't do much. Might as well go with stock like bulbs.

I am thinking that I want to change mine out (many are burned out - which is expected after 340K miles). I have spares but am thinking I don't want to do this job twice (i.e. maybe I should buy new bulbs!)

Anybody done this job yet?

And no, am not ready for the S2K conversion yet. Liked it for about thirty seconds and then decided otherwise.

Please clarify for me. 340k = 340,000 miles? Seriously?:eek:

Please clarify for me. 340k = 340,000 miles? Seriously?:eek:

Yes, amazing what a solid maintenance plan can do to the longevity of our cars. 340K = 340,000 miles. I understand just about everything on this car has been replaced (sort of joking, but hubs, lines, etc. all but the block and transmission and body panels from what I can tell.) And, no, I was not lucky enough to do that level of driving. I have had it for about 7,000 miles now (1 year).

If a person wanted to use LED bulbs for the light bar that lights the needles, they are pretty small. Where did you get yours from, B2FiNiTY?

I got mine from a seller on eBay that I've bought various other bulbs from. Used high power Cree multi directional white LEDs.

- - - Updated - - -

Standard 194 size wedge bulbs if I remember correctly.

Not sure about LED in all instrument lights. I replaced my cruise bulb with equivalent LED and it was too bright even in the sun. Gone back to original.

Back