• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running RM's big nitrous (150) kit

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone was running or had heard of anyone that had experience with the RM big nitrous kit. I was curious about it so I spoke with someone from RM. To make a long story short, It is a setup that runs a seperate fuel tank and fuel pump, with the stock injectors, is this correct? I was told this setup costs around 1k would let you jet up to 150. (keeping the dry shot setup) Sounds super high tech, I just wonder how reliable something like that would be, not mentioning 150 hp on a stock bottom end and stock injectors. I just wanted to get you guys opinion. Thanks.

------------------
Jason

Brent Cobb from Texas is running is own 150 shot and his car has 174,000 miles. What he did to get the extra power was to add an in-line fuel pump (NOS red I think), and run a bigger NOS jet. He told me he dynoed at 350 rwhp. I saw the car at expo and the install was very straight forward. He's been running the setup for a while now with no complaints. Hope this helps.

I just posted a few pics I found from NSXPO of Brent's clean engine compartment. Notice the additional fuel pump mounted to the firewall.

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 14 December 2000).]

Back