• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Sell Their NSX and Later Regretted It!

I just saw this mention of me, and yeah I'll chime in a little.

NSX ownership is more than just the car itself. It's also about the community that you become a part of through the NSXCA and Prime. When I first got my NSX and joined Prime in 2000, I became a member of a special group of people that will outlast any NSX ownership. It is just as reliable as the Honda parked in the driveway next door. When a problem arises, albeit infrequently, there is a wealth of information available through this community. Furthermore, there is also now a good supply of aftermarket parts and qualified mechanics to work on the car.

That being said, do I miss my NSX? Yes and no. It is, and was, one of the easiest cars of mine to own and drive. It was a great love affair for 14 years, and I made some great friendships as a direct result of my NSX ownership. Right Doug?

As for an update with my Esprit ownership. It has been just as enjoyable as NSX ownership, however I have not made any good friendships as a result. There is not as much online support, but there is a small community of owners who have expansive knowledge of the car. There are almost no aftermarket options, and those that are available come in small doses by owners who custom fabricate parts in small quantities. It makes ownership a little more exciting, but at the same time a little more frustrating.

Will I purchase another NSX, probably not. Life goes on and I have a bucket list of cars that I wish to own.

That's my $0.02.

I could not have said this any better. Agree 100%. I love the GT-R and it is a better fit for where my life is at the moment, but I do miss my NSX and more so the NSX community.

Sadly, I have placed myself into this category. It hasn't been a few months since I sold my '94, and already, I'm on the hunt for a second NSX. I hastily sold it to get out of a lingering debt...... Whoops!!!!!
Now, I am practicing patience in the hunt for the right one again. I know it will take me a while. Maybe a year, but I know the day will come, however, regretting my choice to sell came quickly............Soon to return, -DREW-

I love my NSX even more every year that goes by

I see ALL newer cars as electrical nightmares waiting to happen

+1

Any modern sports car basically falls apart if you drive it as much as we are used to driving our "old" cars.

Back