• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone successfully fit a 6x9 in the door of the NSX?

If so what brand? One of my Alpine 6.5 crapped out on me the other day the Mid just stopped working? I want to try and fit a 6x9 If I have to I will modify the door panel. However I want it to look factory and clean. This means doing it myself from my experience. Any ideas on how to pull this off? What brand would you recommend?

I would not recommend doing this AT ALL!! First off, 6x9s sound like shit. Oval speakers will never be able to reproduce the quality sound that come from circular speakers. They may be louder, but definately not better. Second, you can achieve better sound, louder and distortionless sound by adding an amplifier. Not the garbage Bose crap, but a clean Alpine or the like. The best sounding systems I have ever built were made by 6.5 components and a 4 channel amp.

Just saying...

+1 on that.

if you want to put 6x9's in your NSX, just sell the NSX

LOL.

I dont think 6x9's sound good at all, maybe louder

its your car though you might be able to figure something out. other than 6x9's

Last edited:
The best sounding systems I have ever built were made by 6.5 components and a 4 channel amp.

I have Alpine R 6.5s in the car now. With a quality Alpine 4 channel amp. One decided to stop working on me the other day and was looking for other options.

I was looking at the 6x9 Boston 3 way speakers I was thinking more SQ with this setup. Apparently not. Looks like I will save some time and money and just getting a better quality 6.5.

And Shawn stop with the sell the car BS I have had my car over 7 years. You?

Last edited:
I have been rocking Polk MOMO 6.5 components since 2000. They are amplified and were used to demo to Circuit City customers what a full amplified system sounds like. They have seen some serious use and no problems. It all comes down to proper installation and proper tuning. If you want, we are not real far away, so we could meet up and I could fix or help you build an ideal system. I could install and tune it for you.

I have been rocking Polk MOMO 6.5 components since 2000. They are amplified and were used to demo to Circuit City customers what a full amplified system sounds like. They have seen some serious use and no problems. It all comes down to proper installation and proper tuning. If you want, we are not real far away, so we could meet up and I could fix or help you build an ideal system. I could install and tune it for you.

That would be great. What would you recommend for a component system? I did some research on my setup. I have the Alpine R 2-way speakers (not the component) and an Alpine 75x4 amp. I have two channels bridged to the JL sub and 75w going to each speaker. I made door brackets similar the SOS brackets before sos started supplying them and dynamat on both doors. I think I want to go with a component setup. I also have a single channel 200w JL amp sitting in the garage from another project. Should I look for a component set that can handle 150W, and use the 200w for the sub? This may be over kill in the small NSX cabin. I just want excellent SQ; or will I be able to achieve that just going to the component setup?

I can usually make components alone sound awesome, but since you already have some good product, we can just redo it. I can enclose the SOS speaker panels for better SQ, replace the Type Rs with whatever components we decide (My understanding is that we need to replace them anyway due to the damaged or nonworking one), and retune the entire system. I have been wanting to get these:
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-AA...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1305041401&sr=8-2

or these:
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Type-R...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1305041578&sr=1-1

I have noticed that I really like the highs from polk speakers better than Alpine, but I swear by Alpine's electronics. So the fact that you have an Alpine 4 ch amp is good. Don't worry, we will make it sound awesome! I hope we can get together sometime soon.
Jay

Ok Im going order up a set of component speakers. I may mount them up because I will have the door panels off this Saturday to install my window teflon guides. If I have some issues I may take a ride and have you look at the car. I appreciate all the help.:smile:

Stop the sell the car bullshit Ive had mine 7 years and you?

I was just kidding wow.

cool down time.

a buddy of mine had a 6x9 setup in a bandpass box and it thumped like 4 15's

now the bose 6x9's that came in the legends sounded awesome.

I dont know about the NSX though.

there is plenty of room in the door panels to fit almost anything if the proper box was made for it.

so good luck

That would be great. What would you recommend for a component system? I did some research on my setup. I have the Alpine R 2-way speakers (not the component) and an Alpine 75x4 amp. I have two channels bridged to the JL sub and 75w going to each speaker. I made door brackets similar the SOS brackets before sos started supplying them and dynamat on both doors. I think I want to go with a component setup. I also have a single channel 200w JL amp sitting in the garage from another project. Should I look for a component set that can handle 150W, and use the 200w for the sub? This may be over kill in the small NSX cabin. I just want excellent SQ; or will I be able to achieve that just going to the component setup?

imo alpine speakers are really muddy and coaxial will never sound as good as components so if you want sq go for components.the best bang for the buck sq comps were the Phoenix Gold RSD6.5CS and the Pioneer Tsc160R Rev comps (yes pioneer but they were relable Vifa speakers) if you read the review they're comparable to higher end components that cost 3xs more.

Back