• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone want to help with exhaust install?

I just received my cantrell exhaust from SOS today. Anyone want to lend a hand with install? I would be willing to trade beer and/or crawfish in exchange. :biggrin:

I just received my cantrell exhaust from SOS today. Anyone want to lend a hand with install? I would be willing to trade beer and/or crawfish in exchange. :biggrin:

If you want to swing by my place tomorrow after 5pm, I'll help you. I've got all the tools. Or I can come your way. The key is a 12mm socket AND a 12mm wrench. :smile:

Some WD40 and safely glasses help too.

Thanks Z, i'm working the night shift tomorrow but I could do it today. Are you available?

Thanks Z, i'm working the night shift tomorrow but I could do it today. Are you available?

Tonight's a late night for me. I'll be home around 9pm. If you want to meet me at my place, I will be more than happy to help.

I've got the tools, and some really cool surgeons gloves! Makes me feel cool. :biggrin: j/k

But, you would have to find a way to get your NSX here and somehow bring the exhaust.

Do you happen to have tools at your place? I won't be dressed for the occasion though....

Hey Lloyd

Did you purchase adapter pipes for that exhaust? (I'm assuming it will require it...not that familiar with that particular one)

Hey Lloyd

Did you purchase adapter pipes for that exhaust? (I'm assuming it will require it...not that familiar with that particular one)

I ordered it for 02+ from SOS, it was more $ than earlier model so i'm assuming it will be included. I guess I should open the box. :smile:

If you were here in Dallas I would be glad to help, but that would be a hike.

I would strongly recommend that ASAP, BEFORE you go go to a buddy's place to change the exhaust, get under your car and soak the bolts between the exhaust and the cats with WD40. By doing this it will make removing those bolts a LOT easier

Good Luck

If you were here in Dallas I would be glad to help, but that would be a hike.

I would strongly recommend that ASAP, BEFORE you go go to a buddy's place to change the exhaust, get under your car and soak the bolts between the exhaust and the cats with WD40. By doing this it will make removing those bolts a LOT easier

Good Luck

Good idea, Thanks!

I'll help, I know my way around a wrench :D and have done many installs on other cars but never an nsx. But it's good to have someone that can just benchpress the thing while you tighten it down :biggrin:

Just noticed this was it houston... fail on my part

Last edited:
I'll have you guys know, that minutes ago, Lloyd and his lovely girlfriend roared out of my neighborhood! Now to heat some dinner up, shower, and catch some Zzzzzzzz's!!! :biggrin: Another satisfied NSX owner.

Lloyd, really good meeting you. What a gorgous car! Glad to be a part of your first wrenching on the NSX! Let me know what other mods are in store. Z's garage is open anytime!(by appointment only) :tongue:

Z, the car roars!!:biggrin: It's even better than I had anticipated. Thank you for inviting a perfect stranger and girlfriend to your home to help (I helped, you did all the work) with the install at 10 o'clock at night. You'll be cussing me in about 6 hours when you have to get up in the morning.

Let me know if I can return the favor- mow the lawn, clean the garage, etc.

How did it sound when I tore out of there? Tell the neighbors sorry, I couldnt wait.

Thanks again-

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd,
Z and Matt installed my exhaust too.
Look at what a great job they did!

Attachments

• Muffler1.jpg
    Muffler1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 76
Back