• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone with aftermarket wheels post here.

This is crazy money on a brand that I never heard of......... 15-16K :confused:

Science of Speed is selling the Forgeline Carbon + Forged Wheels. $15k-$16k a set, these are the CF201 style but damn they look good :eek: Looks like they have 5 different designs available.

cf201_2048x1536.jpg

you better by ready to drop that price and by a lot... (more like 5-7K is more like) 10K on used wheels is just not going to happen.. Also they ONLY fit NSX 2nd so that makes it even worse regarding the pricing since it ONLY fits one car and one car only. (guide your yourself as to what happens when a Mclaren, ferrari, Lamb sells their used wheels) drop in value of 40-60% easy, also FYI I can get those wheels NEW for just about 10k just saying your pricing above is full RETAIL...
Wheels are sold already.

May be a smaller brand but the tech and design of the wheels certainly command the price they are asking. Carbon Fiber wheels have never been cheap, this is the first application combining a carbon fiber barrel and a forged center for the best of both worlds. Strong in the middle where you want it and reduce the overall weight as well the extra weight away from center has performance benefits no doubt.

I’m not a gen 2 owner yet.... But oem looks tough to beat. All these wheels that look like pieces of candy throw the car back some in terms of demographics.

I’m not a gen 2 owner yet.... But oem looks tough to beat. All these wheels that look like pieces of candy throw the car back some in terms of demographics.

I agree that both the oem NSX wheel options are nice. However it is always fun to customize a car and make it unique to the owner It helps define the car. lol like the NSX needs defining.

Those carbon ones look pretty rad though.

LOL... Brand is the only thing that matters when it comes to cost?

Some could say our cars are crazy money for the brand (Honda)...[/QUOT
Really bud are you saying the corporations that spend BILLIONS of dollars on branding are wrong... also yes brand does matter when it comes to cost as "QUALITY" stand point and a well stablish NAME are the driven factors for almost 99% of any retail transaction... and how can you used the brand honda as an example ? Who in hell doesnt know who honda is ??

LOL... Brand is the only thing that matters when it comes to cost?

Some could say our cars are crazy money for the brand (Honda)...[/QUOT
Really bud are you saying the corporations that spend BILLIONS of dollars on branding are wrong... also yes brand does matter when it comes to cost as "QUALITY" stand point and a well stablish NAME are the driven factors for almost 99% of any retail transaction... and how can you used the brand honda as an example ? Who in hell doesnt know who honda is ??

You obviously have formed opinions about things you believe are factual and absolute. Nowhere did I say that corporations are wrong... only that you are wrong for assuming brand recognition is the only thing that matters when it comes to pricing hence the Honda comment. Sure, everyone knows Honda yet most average consumers don't associate the Honda brand with $200k luxury high performance cars.

99%? I'm pretty sure there are more than 1% of retail transactions that aren't brand name driven. There are other factors such as value and exclusivity that play into those transactions which is all subjective not absolute as you would like to believe in your own mind. Exhibit A -- the CF wheels in this thread. Just because you haven't heard of them, doesn't necessarily mean they're not "QUALITY". For all we know, you could be the person who fits the "basic" consumer who only buys name brand and have been living under a rock unwilling to try new things. Who knows and not really my problem.

You obviously have formed opinions about things you believe are factual and absolute. Nowhere did I say that corporations are wrong... only that you are wrong for assuming brand recognition is the only thing that matters when it comes to pricing hence the Honda comment. Sure, everyone knows Honda yet most average consumers don't associate the Honda brand with $200k luxury high performance cars.

99%? I'm pretty sure there are more than 1% of retail transactions that aren't brand name driven. There are other factors such as value and exclusivity that play into those transactions which is all subjective not absolute as you would like to believe in your own mind. Exhibit A -- the CF wheels in this thread. Just because you haven't heard of them, doesn't necessarily mean they're not "QUALITY". For all we know, you could be the person who fits the "basic" consumer who only buys name brand and have been living under a rock unwilling to try new things. Who knows and not really my problem.

I never said that the wheels in question were not good "quality" what I said was BRAND does matter when you are associating a high cost item and is this particular case... 15-16K. Regarding your other comment about other factors are such as value and exclusivity those usually go together with a well established NAME BRAND... and very nice on the "basic" and living under a rock... comment it hurt my feelings !!

I never said that the wheels in question were not good "quality" what I said was BRAND does matter when you are associating a high cost item and is this particular case... 15-16K. Regarding your other comment about other factors are such as value and exclusivity those usually go together with a well established NAME BRAND... and very nice on the "basic" and living under a rock... comment it hurt my feelings !!

What you said originally was that $15-16k was crazy money for a brand that is not familiar to you and therefore the price needs to be reduced by X amount. That sounds like your opinion and a flawed one at that.

Just because it is brand name doesn't mean there is value or exclusivity, and at times, little innovation. CF wheels aren't common and the manufacturing process probably isn't "copied" from another company so there are investments into IP and other things to consider when bringing such products to market. So again, brand name isn't always associated with the three aforementioned attributes. Quite the opposite with some brand names hence the term "basic". Basic and exclusivity are antonymous.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. I'll buy you a Budweiser sometime since brand names seem to be your thing. :)

can't we all just get along? :)

Oh we get along... we just don't agree on certain things. :)

If it was me I would just leave the price tag on the wheel!!!!!.....

I'm really at a loss here. Those wheels seem to be fantastic. What I think some others here are trying to say is there is no history behind this company meaning there is no precedence set by this manufacturer. Most wheel companies have a very specific process in how they make wheels. Rays Engineering, BBS etc all have a well known and well deserved reputation for producing high temp high pressure forged wheels.

What you are saying in essence is the price justifies the result. This isn't the case. I don't have one of these wheels, but if I was going to buy one i'd like to know the history, the manufacturing process and where they were used in motorsports.... just for a frame of reference. Dropping 15,000 dollars on a set of wheels, which is a disposable wear item is a lot of money. You failed to mention the weight, the forging process, the chemical bonding, the heritage, the offsets, the options, and the warranty.

I think anyone might be a little skeptical as to the VALUE of these wheels. Enlighten us. As we are the 1 percent that might consider this purchase let us know why. Rather than insulting us with Budweiser analogies, make this a useful selling point and an informational ad for what these wheels offer over conventional forged aluminum offerings. Do they last longer? Are there infinite offsets? Is there a comparative analysis that these are stronger than forged aluminum? Do they weigh less than an exact wheel in the same size? If so what do they weigh?

I'm not trying to make your life hard, but your comments really rubbed me the wrong way. Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should buy it without good reason. I'd say 99 percent of the people on here worked their asses off to buy an NSX in the first place. They are well educated and deserve to know what they are buying without being insulated.

Kindest Regards

Last edited:
Forgeline is a great motorsports oriented brand. This is what I intend to run on my car.

yes they are 16k for a set but any company that has really provided a carbon barrel wheel have been around this price point. HRE had carbon wheels at $20k. Dymag back around 2010 ish had carbon wheels for about $12k. We work with a company called carbon revolution that builds the wheels for the Ford GT350R etc they make aftermarket options in the $12k range (full carbon wheel). There are a couple other brands with carbon barrel wheels but I wouldn't put them on my car if I was a paid sponsor for those companies.

Some information about forgeline:
http://www.forgeline.com/about_us.php

I believe the warranty is 3 years against any mfg or defects that arise from non use related issues
http://www.forgeline.com/customer_service.php?csik=4

For over 20 years, we have applied our racing experience and passion for motorsport toward designing and building wheels that can withstand the extreme demands of sports car racing. With an unwavering commitment to strength, safety, and performance, we have earned our place on some of the world's fastest race cars, including those in IMSA, World Challenge, SCCA Pro Racing, and virtually every amateur racing series in America.

Every Forgeline wheel is engineered using computer-simulated finite element analysis and tested beyond SAE standards using real-world load variables to ensure strength, safety, and performance. Innovative features like I-beamed spokes, hidden titanium ARP fasteners, meticulously-engineered centers, and complex manufacturing techniques ensure that Forgeline wheels are strong, fast, and stunning.

Forgeline wheels are machined from heat-treated 6061-T6 aluminum that is forged on a 6000-ton hydraulic press. This forging process aligns the grain structure, reduces porosity, and increases uniformity in the material, creating the highest strength-to-weight ratios and the most consistent quality. On average, our forgings are 40% stronger than cast aluminum.

If you think the brand has no history or the wheels have no benefit you probably didn't even visit their website. This is per forgeline's website under the "about us" page

"For over 20 years, we have applied our racing experience and passion for motorsport toward designing and building wheels that can withstand the extreme demands of sports car racing. With an nwavering commitment to strength, safety, and performance, we have earned our place on some of the world's fastest race cars, including those in IMSA, World Challenge, SCCA Pro Racing, and virtually every amateur racing series in America."

The page goes on to talk about their forging process as well as how their in-house manufacturing allows for incredible flexibility when it comes to fitment and finish options. You can read that page here http://www.forgeline.com/about_us.php

In regards to actual benefits of the wheels and why they would be worth the money to someone who is seeking that performance you can check out Emergent's website. http://emergentcarbon.com/

Emergent is the company that produces the carbon fiber barrels for these wheels. Their website states they are 40-50% lighter than traditional cast aluminum wheels. By having just the carbon fiber barrel and a machined face you can not only customize designs (which you can't really do with full carbon fiber wheels) but you don't compromise strength or reliability like many of the carbon fiber wheels that are on the market currently.

Emergent Carbon Fiber barrels reduces the mass of the wheel in the most performance impacting area, the perimeter. Reduces the polar moment of inertia which lowers the amount of energy required to accelerate and decelerate. Also reduces the unsprung mass which we all know has lots of very positive benefits improving traction and handling.

This video is on their youtube channel and talks a bit about the wheels from SEMA 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14yYllCrbVE

This one shows some nice beauty shots of the wheels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSGX1LX2wE

Back