• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyway to have OBD 1 and targa?

Only if they

1) converted to OBD1 from OBD2
or
2) chopped the roof off a 91-94

I had heard some 95 were OBD1 but I have never known anyone that has one.

Yes. There are 2 that I know of. KTAN has a 95 he converted and Devin had a 97 that he converted. Don't know why you would want to convert at this point since the AEM-MSL is available unless it is due to the higher cost of the Targa cars. Also, If you were to cut the top off of a 91-94, be ready for some MAJOR cowl shake unless you do some serious bracing.

Tim

I want to use the standard aem not the msl I am still a little uninformed about the nsx but I know how to use a properly working aem and would like to have just that. The conversion has me nervous that some functions wouldnt work right.

len 3.8 how did you do it? ALso can the 3.2 liter motor be controlled by the obd1

Are there any sstrength differnece internally between the 3.0 and 3.2?

Sorry for all the ?'s but I really need lots of info. You guys have been a great help so far.

Thanks,
Anthony

ama0787 said:
I want to use the standard aem not the msl I am still a little uninformed about the nsx but I know how to use a properly working aem and would like to have just that. The conversion has me nervous that some functions wouldnt work right.

len 3.8 how did you do it? ALso can the 3.2 liter motor be controlled by the obd1

Sorry for all the ?'s but I really need lots of info. You guys have been a great help so far.

Thanks,
Anthony

With the MSL you pretty much get a properly working AEM unit. Mike is still tweaking it to perfection.

I am not sure, but I think 3.0 are stronger than 3.2, at least they are more frequently built up. Maybe because there are more of them. What I do know is that the head gaskets in a 3.0 will not hold up to a lot of HP.

ama0787 said:

Thanks,
Anthony

Get the AEM , that controls all, then you have your traction control and cruise control as well as a proper idle.

My stock intake was used along with Pedals and linkage from an earlier car.
The OBDII conectors for the coils are still there, However they are not coneected. The coils have been rewired with a second set of connectors that are going to my Engine Management system.

My stock ECU controls the heater and all the ancillary items. Fuel ect is controlled by my Tec3r.
Had the AEM or HKS been available when I had to make this decision, I would have used one or the other.

Trust me, you don't want the headaches..
The throtle by cable is more crisp though.

I want the aem as I am already use to it I run it on my supra.

I just want to get a obd 1 so I know the aem will work 100% the way it is supposed to. The thing is I also want a targa so I would like to get a targa converted to obd 1 then replace that with the aem. I am looking for any advice on how to make this happen.

ALso ther ewas only one change with the transmission and that occured on 97 right?

Thanks Again for all the help

Anthony

The reason that I have come up with what I have is I was originally going to start changing over obd2 cars like you want to do. But to do it right with everthing to work you were looking at 10s of thousands of dollors. My system is know fully funtional and has every option on the car working to perfection except the factory traction control. There is however traction control in the AEM ems that can be setup and I have been told that people actually prefer this. My cars that I have done start and drive like they came off of the factory line.

Back