• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are my Rotors On the right way ?

Bigtime dumb question but is my rotation pattern right here?? :redface: I often see the grooves going against the grain .

Brakes.jpg

At first glance it looks incorrect, but to know for sure you need to look at the internal cooling fins of the rotor. If the fins are straight then the rotor installation direction shouldn't matter. If the cooling fins are "slanted" from the center out the edge then the "slant" of the fins should point toward the rear of the car.

When i install my Project U front disc, the discs are label with L and R because of the slot on the discs. The slot shall be in the same direction as the car move forward........But i have friends that tell me to install it in the opposit direction and they said i will get better stopping power........Anyway i followed the recommend method by Project U..

My stoptechs on the Z ran opposite which was wierd looking but thats what they called for. My Rotoras also run opposite. I've seen Brembos run the direction yours are. All my rotors had L&R stickers.

If they are internaly vented then they are put on such that the internal vents pull the hot air away from the hub like a pinwheel. The holes /slots on the rotor are less important.Take the wheel off so you can look at the inside of the rotor disk.

Slotted rotors should be mounted with slots facing forward as per the installation directions.

That's not always true.

You need to look at the direction of the cooling vanes in between the rotors to determine which way it goes on.

If they are internaly vented then they are put on such that the internal vents pull the hot air away from the hub like a pinwheel. The holes /slots on the rotor are less important.Take the wheel off so you can look at the inside of the rotor disk.

Correct.
There is most likely a arrow on the rotor somewhere that shows the direction of rotation.

If there is not, look at the fins, not just from the top but in the center from the inside. The curve of the fins should point toward the rear.

It should say on the rotors.

However, just to help you feel better, NSX-R OEM is slotted the same direction as your rotors. So I don't think it matter that much.

IMG_8496.jpg

U can see how mine are mounted -sort of!.... slots should point towards the front (when looking at the top of the rotors)

I agree with pbassjo, Matt_337, and docjohn - look at the fins inside the rotors. That's what's important. Not which way the slots on the outside are slanted.

As an example of how little it matters which direction the slots are slanted, look at an Aston Martin Vantage. On the right side of the car the slots are tilted forward at the top of the rotor (see here). On the left side they're tilted backward (see here). The fins inside those rotors probably come straight out from the hub like the spokes of a wheel so you can use the same part number for the left and right sides of the car.

If the fins inside are slanted or curved, there are specific left-hand and right-hand discs and you need to make sure they are mounted the right way around. But don't just judge that by the direction of the slots on the outside.

U can see how mine are mounted -sort of!.... slots should point to-wards the front (when looking at the top of the rotors)

Sorry but you are wrong if you use the direction of the slots as the primary indicator of the rotor being mounted correctly.

The direction of the slots are incidental to the proper mounting and function of the rotor. It is the operation of the inner vanes that determine proper mounting.

When rotating in a froward direction, cooling air is pulled from the inside, center of the rotor and exits through the outer perimeter of the rotor to sink the heat that is the result of the friction created by the pads being squeezed against the rotor when braking.

Nice looking car BTW.

Back