• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

are there always idiots showing off when leaving the NSX meets?

Your way off base with some of your assumptions. A BMW E30 M3 IMO is a car in the Acura RSX type R or Honda S2000 class, not the NSX class. Infact I even classify the 2002-2005 BMW M3 in the Honda S2000 class. Sorry, I call it like I see it.
I honestly dont care for BMWs, Volkswagons, etc. They are nice to look at but I would never own one.

I can surely tell you that I see maybe one NSX a month if that. Maybe 2 S2000s every week.
Gallardos, shit I saw 4 in one day.:rolleyes:

3000GT and Dodge Stealths I see every week. They are as common as a Honda Civic in this part of the country. But honestly who cares? I don't.

All I am saying is your a little too quick to judge and some insurances do classify the Acura NSX as an exotic sports car. Doesn't mean by definition that it is but just be aware of that. Some companies classify it as such.

Nihilation said:
A bit OT, but while the NSX is becoming more and more difficult to find, it's stuff like this ^ that make me feel as though the majority of NSX owners act like their car is a Lamborghini, Ferrari or something of the sort. It's far from an exotic. What is an exotic? Well you could go as far as saying the new "mass produced" Gallardo is, but that's where I and many others draw the line. Even at that, I still see a few a week, and they carry much less production numbers than the NSX ever did. In my eyes the average nsx owner(and there are exceptions) act like their car is God's Chariot since it was designed in part by Senna. I for one know better. The NSX is no more exotic than a BMW E30 M3 or Nissan GT-R. Hell, I see less 3000GT VR4 and Stealth RT/TT's than I do NSX's, are they exotic too???? This stigma is making me laugh. Flame suit on.

MoogieBoogie said:
Completely agree with you that the NSX is not an exotic.

id like to have some of the stuff your smoking please! thats obsurd!
-limited production
-hand made
-dramatic styling
-formula 1 roots
-concieved from Honda's championship wins in the late 80's

i can keep going, it all equals to 'exotic supercar', trippin' man.

Meeyatch1 said:
Well they just let ANY kid buy one of those these days... :rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

Mitch..Of course! It was an much OLDER guy driving it!..I'd say he's about mid 50s...ohhh I forgot to mention he was chasing a red porsche Cayman with an older guy on the wheels...( i took some pics)..

You really think kids can drive that fast?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: Well..I don't have the nerve to drive that fast on the freeway.

Remember the ENZO crash at PCH??He is a big boy I guess..lol...:biggrin:

Is there such a thing as "Recklessly Slow"???

Last edited:
NSXCELERATE said:
I thought I was among a different breed of people until this weekend when I attended my first meet. I guess now the nsx is older anyone can get one. It looked like a clip from the FAST AND FURIOUS when I was heading home a few prime members flew past weaving in and out of traffic going
100+. These people are ruining the NSX's image, giving it a rice boy image that I want no part of. Time to wait for the new Honda super car and step it up.

I'm sorry I'll have to be the one to break it to you, but go out on a porsche/lambo/ferrari drive and I guess in your opinion, you'll be surrounded by a bunch of "idiots".

beckertb said:
Not to burst your bubble, but the price of the car doesn't directly relate to the owners' desire to abide by all posted rules. I've had my NSX for 13 years and I promise you would disapprove of my driving habits.

Also, from my perspective, I'd prefer you trade your car in on a Camry. I'm sure at your next Toyota gathering you would feel more comfortable with the group.

JMOYMMV

Happy motoring,

Ben

+3 on the camry.

I've personally felt that some owners here on Prime like to consider themselves "better" (for a lack of a better word) than the average sports/exotic owner and get their panties all twisted.:confused:

Just enjoy your car in your own way and let others enjoy theirs in a manner they choose. stop being so goddamned judgemental and holier than thou crap.:mad:

NSXCELERATE said:
I thought I was among a different breed of people until this weekend when I attended my first meet. I guess now the nsx is older anyone can get one. It looked like a clip from the FAST AND FURIOUS when I was heading home a few prime members flew past weaving in and out of traffic going
100+. These people are ruining the NSX's image, giving it a rice boy image that I want no part of. Time to wait for the new Honda super car and step it up.
That's LA traffic driving for ya!

Another reason I love to visit LA but not live there. :)

Nihilation said:
Hell, I see less 3000GT VR4 and Stealth RT/TT's than I do NSX's, are they exotic too????

That's because most of them have broken down by now. :biggrin: :tongue:

jagtiger said:
Is there such a thing as "Recklessly Slow"???

Of course! They are all over the place here in AZ during the winter! :biggrin:

I guess I'm on par with the others here. IMHO I think that driving aggressively is okay at times, but driving recklessly is just stupid.

ive done my fair share of acting stupid on the streets when I was younger(drag racing). I still drive agressive, but not wreckless.

da3dalus said:
i'm a closet agressive driver... i only do it when i'm alone and nobody can see me... then i've been known to drive quickly. I have too much of a concience i guess, i feel bad swerving in and out of traffic because i keep thinking, god, all of these people are saying to themselves "look at that jerk".

This is me.. I am definately and idiot and wish I wasn't I need to track the car. I have seen 180+ in my supra . Oh yeah and there was that time when I was 17 and I took 2 counties police departments on a run for thier money which resulted in a closed interestat and a beating being handed down to me. Jez I hope I am not dumb forever I have gotten much better in the 8 years since then.

The guy is right I have never been to a meet but you would not believe the retards I have to listen to compliment me on my car. I hate the fast and the furious.

Funny coment about the toyota meet too. I am starting to like this forum. I love it when a computer can make me laugh during my terrible days at work

NSXCELERATE said:
ive done my fair share of acting stupid on the streets when I was younger(drag racing). I still drive agressive, but not wreckless.
That explains it!:biggrin:

ama0787 said:
This is me.. I am definately and idiot and wish I wasn't I need to track the car. I have seen 180+ in my supra . Oh yeah and there was that time when I was 17 and I took 2 counties police departments on a run for thier money which resulted in a closed interestat and a beating being handed down to me. Jez I hope I am not dumb forever I have gotten much better in the 8 years since then.

The guy is right I have never been to a meet but you would not believe the retards I have to listen to compliment me on my car. I hate the fast and the furious.

Funny coment about the toyota meet too. I am starting to like this forum. I love it when a computer can make me laugh during my terrible days at work

The track is a great place to let all this out. I recommend it to anyone. It will make you a much calmer driver on the street. Because once you have been on a track, anything you can do on the street seems so lame... so you just cruise and don't care.

When I was younger I did some crazy stuff on the street... lots of drag racing... now I know how stupid it was. It takes one mishap to ruin the rest of your and someone else's life. But the track is what calmed me down. That and 21 more years of age...

NSXCELERATE said:

Its like the carlin joke when he says "you ever notice that you are the only person that always drives at the correct speed? because anyone that drives faster is a freaking maniac and anyone going slower is a freaking idiot".

Only the driver knows the difference between agressive and wreckless... not anyone else. :wink:

yeah i am hoping to get into taking the car to the track and that will help me I am better now because I live in SC state of the worst drivers on earth and there is just no way to work with these people

But when I go back to WV I will hopefully get the car to a track becasue the roasds thier are hard to control yourelf on no traffic lots of turns and there is never a time where you arent going up or coming down a hill there is really some amazing roads/scenic highways there

The NSX is high performance car.

At ANY high performance car meet, you'll have people doing this. Not everyone does it, but a fair amount will want to show off their rides since it's the emphasis of the meet.

When I was in Newport Beach last summer, 4 Ferrari's blew past us on the freeway doing 100+ MPH. They had to have been leaving a meet of some sort because we saw an unusual amount of exotics that evening.....more than usual even in Orange County.

I agree that driving very fast should be reserved for a track. The thing about driving very fast on city streets or freeways is the unexpected. You could be the best driver in the world with the most capable car in the world in the best weather conditions possible but it won't stop the idiot in the vehicle next to you from doing something stupid.

J

My thoughts exactly!!

02#154 said:
I agree that driving very fast should be reserved for a track. The thing about driving very fast on city streets or freeways is the unexpected. You could be the best driver in the world with the most capable car in the world in the best weather conditions possible but it won't stop the idiot in the vehicle next to you from doing something stupid.

J

02#154 said:
The thing about driving ... on city streets or freeways is the unexpected. You could be the best driver in the world with the most capable car in the world in the best weather conditions possible but it won't stop the idiot in the vehicle next to you from doing something stupid.

J
That's also why I don't plan on owning a motorcycle.

It's the driver and not the car. The atmosphere and ambiance turns people into what you're describing. If it were say a Honda Accord owners meeting, such behavior does not match the event. The Accord simply can't do what the NSX can. The car is advertised as fast and a handler. I know you're in the minority as to how it should be driven. I wish there were free race tracks for us to use. The get-together + the capabilities of the NSX + driver's desire to let loose (don't kid anyone..... WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE..... DON'T LIE) = moments of indiscretion. Were the drivers playing "chicken" with other drivers on the road? Running red lights? Riding on the shoulder/center median? Driving in the wrong direction? Went up/down the wrong ramp? Backed up into oncoming traffic? I suspect driving fast and lane changing in spaces that are passable, but close (risky lane change) was going on. These NSX drivers were driving fast, came up on other cars in lanes who were driving slower and decided on different manuvering techniques. Here's the catch 22..... if the driver sees a faster car approaching,is a courtesy lane change possible? I suspect that's a negative so the alternative is to downshift, change lanes and get in front.... this done by decisive moves is perceived as being an idiot when in reality simply getting out of the way by monitoring the rear view mirror is known as being a COURTEOUS DRIVER. Calling people idiots really got the NSX crowd going. I'm glad some of you drivers know your physical and mental limitations such as reaction time,vision,and alertness. Thanks for not being afraid to let fellow NSX drivers know it. It takes BIG BALLS to admit it. You have my admiration, please stay to the right though.

Danny RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351
:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :tongue: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
its one thing to put yourself in danger and whole another when you put other people in danger.

and its one thing to street race in straight lines and whole another on a track. I found out how little i knew about how to drive and learned how to really drive when i took my car to the track.

Maybe I read too deeply into the first post- but when someone mentions wreckless driving looking like "a clip from the FAST AND FURIOUS" I always feel like my generation is being blamed for something that has existed for the latter half of the last century.

It happens with any crowd of car people. It will always happen, it doesn't matter how old you get, what you drive, or what movie glorified the behavior.

Before The Fast and The Furious there was Two lane Black Top, American Graffitti, Cannonball Run (1&2) Hollywood Knights, the Dukes of Hazard, Knight Ryder, and a host of others - all of which glorified aggressive driving on the street.

Some how the generation associated with The Fast and The Furious ends up taking the fall for every idiot on the road as of late.

I don't appreciate it, and I am sure the rest of the younger crowd on the board doesn't appreciate it either.

Idiots are idiots, they come in every age, and income bracket.

end of rant.

NsSeX said:
I've personally felt that some owners here on Prime like to consider themselves "better" (for a lack of a better word) than the average sports/exotic owner and get their panties all twisted.:confused:

Just enjoy your car in your own way and let others enjoy theirs in a manner they choose. stop being so goddamned judgemental and holier than thou crap.:mad:

thats what i'm saying.

Dtrigg said:
You should come the next meeting we have in Raleigh. We're all mature and well behaved.:biggrin:

Yes, although I don't think I can overlook the faux paus of someone bringing the 2005 Merlot. I mean everybody knows 2003 was the year that goes best with sharp Wisconsin cheddar. I won't name names but really. I mean damn just stop off at Food Lion next time and get a Chablis for the love of God. How tacky.

H-carWizKid said:
Maybe I read too deeply into the first post- but when someone mentions wreckless driving looking like "a clip from the FAST AND FURIOUS" I always feel like my generation is being blamed for something that has existed for the latter half of the last century.

It happens with any crowd of car people. It will always happen, it doesn't matter how old you get, what you drive, or what movie glorified the behavior.

Before The Fast and The Furious there was Two lane Black Top, American Graffitti, Cannonball Run (1&2) Hollywood Knights, the Dukes of Hazard, Knight Ryder, and a host of others - all of which glorified aggressive driving on the street.

Some how the generation associated with The Fast and The Furious ends up taking the fall for every idiot on the road as of late.

I don't appreciate it, and I am sure the rest of the younger crowd on the board doesn't appreciate it either.

end of rant.

Agree!@!

H-carWizKid said:

end of rant.

Very well said!:smile:

Back