• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there no decent Canadain NSX cars for sale?

It took me 3 months to find mine. Many of them are rough when you go to see them in person. I can't believe how poorly some of them were kept. Mine actually wasn't for sale when I bought it (it was a case of everything is for sale, even if it's not advertised). I paid a premium, but the car was mint.

As far as US cars go, they can be great, but as southern cars are driven year round and exposed to heat which bakes the paint and in some cases acid rain, they can be even rougher than their northern counterparts which tend to be stored through the winter and therefore have lower miles and less exposure to the elements.

Keep looking, and remember everything is for sale.:smile:

BioBanker said:
what are you trying to say Sean? That you're looking to move on????

;)

Not even close. I still love the car!
Once upon a time a guy left his card on the window of my pristine low mileage 300ZX and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. If it happened with my NSX, it would have to be a rediculous number before I sold it.

took me 3 years to find mine went through many of them all over canada
so far one of the best priced for the year and mileage/condition one around

Mine is a salvage title.I usually stay away from the salvage title cars,however in my case I seen the car when it arrived and as it was put together.The car was NEVER in an accident but rather a stolen recovery.It arrived from Virginia stripped of all body panels and interiolr panels,motor and transmission were still intact.A local shop put it together and away I went.The car was almost new at this point(pristine condition) so I ended up pulling the motor and having an SOS rebuild done and also having the transmission rebuilt(both of which were my choice)to support the Gruppe M supercharger and nitrous set-up.
Sometimes these salvage cars are the best way to start,especially if you plan on motor mods,widebody or 02 conversion,or whatever else you have planned.Why pay top dollar for half the parts you aren't going to keep or use.I suggest writing down what you want to do with the car,weigh your options and figure out which way is best for you !!

Goodluck in your quest !!!
Stacy

whoa Stacy, back up the bus!!!!

Are you serious when you say that you've got a functional car? Not one that rolls fine, if pushed, but your car is actually running???

SOS rebuild done? Gruppe M charger? Whoa!

I must have misunderstood. That post contained too many surprises to absorb at once.

I havent forgot about diner!

Sounds like Stacey had the right idea. If you're going to heavily mod a car, why not get a stripper to start with?

Then the next morning you can buy an NSX. Buh dump bump :biggrin:

That's a function of the fact that there weren't many 1997-2000's bought in Canada in the first place. Keep looking or check out the US market where there were more bought in the first place. If you buy here prepare to pay a premium as they were well over $100k new.

The other option is to expand your search to include other model years. I have seen very low mileage 91-95s come onto the market this year. I know all of the advantages to the 97s and newer, but I'll bet you'd love an earlier model to.

Or.....you could buy a Corvette, Porsche, 11 second Civic, or a Subbie and then tell us how much faster your car is than an NSX:eek:

In response to your post, check on Ebay..

Currently :

A One owner
1991 Sebring Silver
Manual car
with only 10,000 original K's is for sale.

You should check it out, looks nice.

There is a guy in Ajax that selling a 2000 yellow, it has about 35K.

Is don't remember the asking price, he was at our Spring event.

Drop me an email, I'll dig up his name.

Bram

Pit-Pony said:
OK, so back on track, where are they, I can't find a nice car, say 1997-2000 with no more than 30K on it.

..jack

Re: Are there no decent Canadian NSX cars for sale?

See that's the problem right there. Canadian cars are way overpriced when compared to US offerings. Not a reasonable proposition in today's reality.

..jack

Re: Are there no decent Canadian NSX cars for sale?

Pit-Pony said:
See that's the problem right there. Canadian cars are way overpriced when compared to US offerings. Not a reasonable proposition in today's reality...jack
5 years ago, it was $1US=$1.60C and Americans were buying cars in Canada. Now it's $1US=$1.10C and Canadians are buying cars in the US. It is what it is .. lots of reasons...get over it...go buy a US car if you find one you like. What's the problem? Lots of us have done it .. it's not rocket science. From where you're located, you're more than likely going to have to travel to see it anyway so the cost to inspect/buy/drive back is probably similar.

Back