• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Arizona NSX Drive Feb 28th Salt River Canyon

Details: NOW DECIDED FOR THIS SUNDAY

Route: take the US60E through Superior, then to Globe...then take the turn off towards ShowLow and take that to the Salt River Canyon. head home the reverse of the way there.

Meeting point: Sunday, 9:30am, International House of Pancakes (SW corner of Power Rd and Baseline, south of US60)
Map is here:http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?tuid=14893041&ck=892421905

Depart: Start off towards SRC at 10:30-11 AM

We can stop in Superior for a rest stop/gathering point in case some of us get seperated or need to use the restroom etc.

Next gathering point will be the Mobil Gas Station in Globe (right at the turn off to Showlow, next to TacoBell)

At SRC: There are lots of good places to pull of the highway in the SRC, enough room for numerous cars. We can get some killer photos while there...also the is a place where you can go hike down the canyon and check stuff out a little located near the rest area.

Confirmed list: (if you are only available on a certain day let us know so we can reflect that in the list)

Chris@SoS - CONFIRMED
Seth@SoS - CONFIRMED
Heather & Stephen- CONFIRMED
Kelvin - CONFIRMED
Brian Kim - CONFIRMED
Yvonne - CONFIRMED (even though she is trying to slak out on coming!:D )
Big Daddy Bill - COMING?
Ross (viewfromtheback) - CONFIRMED
Sean (syonara) CONFIRMED
Rick M - Sat or Sun?
Lee (s2k) - COMING?
Chris W - Going skiing on Sunday!=(
Mike & Tim (STI)- CONFIRMED
Gerry Peiser - COMING?
Jordan - Coming?

MIA:
SCS2k (Jim)
Woohoo (scott)
LonVarscsak
Greg K
Dennis

Last edited:
PHOEN$X said:
Seth, did you not see the sticky on top? :D

Here is the thread I started.

Can't wait for the drive!

YES KEVIN I SAW YOUR STICKY... I just thought that was a pole about when to do the next drive...I didnt know it was the "official" Feb 28th Salt River Canyon Drive thread:D
Plus I had not seen anyone post any details at all about the drive so I figured I would =) Geez you are becoming a slacker, I thought you would have had this thing all planned out for us already!

Chill, bro. :cool: I thought it might be fun to play it by ear this time :p, but your plan sounds cool too ;). Are you going on the drive this Sunday?

Im going to be doing the IDRC thing this weekend, so I wont be doing any drives...but I will for sure be going on the 28th! I cant wait...

Count me in! I have been looking forward to a drive. I can meet ya all around Superstition Springs because I will be coming up the back way through Florence. Please keep me posted on the details.

Thanks! :)

Count me in! I never get a Saturday off and I can't think of a better way to spend it. Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting new members.

Chris W: you are alive! :eek: Glad to see you're still an NSX owner. :)

According to weather.com, it's supposed to rain on Saturday. :( I hope it doesn't happen! Otherwise, we will have to change the date, and the following Saturday (3/6) sucks for me..

Regarding the radios, I'm not in favor of renting this time for a couple of reasons. First because of the iffy weather (it would be a waste of $$$ to rent the radios and not use them), and secondly there might be some S2k owners joining us. Therefore, unless someone can source us with a big batch of cheap club radios I propose that we use FRS radios instead. Any model with privacy codes should work, but Motorola is preferred due to compatibility issues. I think both Costco and Sam's Club carry a decent model, the Motorola T5950 (you can even get a $15 rebate form here).

As the date gets closer, those of us far away from the meeting location should discuss caravans. :)
Chris@SoS said:
If the stars are in alignment, I hope to bring my NSX.
I'm not holding out much hope! :p

Looks like I cant make this weekend and the weather does not look good either:( The following sunday would be perfect if it comes to that.

scNSXgirl said:
It's now gonna be partly cloudy on sat according to weather.com. :D
Awesome!
icon14.gif

I hope it holds up.

The weekend forecast is looking better now according to weather.com... So I am good for either Sat or Sun.

Should we do a pole for Sat vs. Sunday? Or how many people cant come Sat, but can come Sun..and vice versa?
I know Syonara cant come Sat, but can come Sunday...just talked to him today.

So I guess we should get a list going of all those who can attend, I will list it in the first post on this thread...if plan on coming post here, call, or email to let us know and we will add people to the confirmed list.

Pray for good weather!

c-ya
-Seth

Love Highway 60 through the mountains, used to hunt up in the pinals when I was a kid. One of these days I'm gonna have to drive up there in the NSX! :)

Yep, I'm already on the list but just saying it again, I can only go on Sunday. I talked to Seth today.

Back