• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AS Motorposrt - Ignition Upgrade Kit

Has anyone successfully implemented the ignition upgrade kit from AS Motorsport?

http://as-motorsport.com/site/en/catalog-c-6/nsx-c-1/engine-c-18/ignition-upgrade-kit-p-498

If you have, please let me know what was necessary to make this work.

Thanks,
Mark
I haven't seen anyone post about running this. However this is direct oem replacement and doesn't need aftermarket brain etc. The best is to drop Adnan a message, I think there are few cars running it in Europe.

I haven't seen anyone post about running this. However this is direct oem replacement and doesn't need aftermarket brain etc. The best is to drop Adnan a message, I think there are few cars running it in Europe.

I need to correct you regarding your statement about not requiring an aftermarket "brain". Unfortunately this kit DOES REQUIRE either a stand-alone ECU or a reprogrammed OEM ECU chip to account for the faster coil recharge times on the Bosch coils. I confirmed this with Adnan.

Quoting him in an email to me:

". . . as listed on the web sites compatibility table it requires on a standard ECU that the eprom is chipped/programed.

As these new coils use different dwell and timing settings than a fully stock ecu is outputting at (hence they are faster than stock).

Whilst they will likely start the NSX on the stock ignition settings it will require settings to be change for them to function properly . . . "

So, in general these coils are compatible with the OEM ECU as long as the ECU has been modified per the above. Otherwise you need a stand-alone ECU.

Hence my post asking if anyone on the forum has implemented this kit and specifically what they did to make it work. I may have taken on a project that is outside my wheelhouse and am contemplating selling this kit. If I do I will post a For Sale ad. Just for full disclosure - this was my error not fully understanding the requirements. Adnan has been very helpful and in no way misrepresented the kit's ECU requirements.

I don't run it, but reading product description it's not exactly clear that flashing is required (that's what you get reading it on mobile, heh). Though it is expected. This is simple mod, I've seen oem ECUs for sale if you don't want to touch yours. Is this exactly why you're giving up on these coils?

Last edited:
Haven't given up on it yet . . .

. . . though I have begun the search for an OEM ECU that I can modify but no luck yet (still need to post a WTB). Acquiring a second ECU drives the costs higher as will the programming. My other dilemma is finding a competent vendor to program the replacement ECU. Not sure who to contact. I have emailed Prospeed as I know they have performed similar ECU programming with their RDX injector upgrade. Waiting to hear back.

Haven't given up on it yet . . .

. . . though I have begun the search for an OEM ECU that I can modify but no luck yet (still need to post a WTB). Acquiring a second ECU drives the costs higher as will the programming. My other dilemma is finding a competent vendor to program the replacement ECU. Not sure who to contact. I have emailed Prospeed as I know they have performed similar ECU programming with their RDX injector upgrade. Waiting to hear back.

Your ECU already has a socket that was installed by Prospeed. I took the prospeed chip out and re-installed the factory chip.

The prospeed chip was floating around my garage at one point and I can try to locate it if you think it would help.

Back