• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ascc 2.0

Hi all, i'm new on this site, been frequent visitor but never posted b4. in light of the recent news that the ASCC may be shelved for a new design, i decided to mess around with photoshop to see what the ASCC could have been as a MR layout car... the way everyone wants it to be. comments, criticisms, compliments welcome! :biggrin:

nsxtb0.jpg

Very nice rendition!!

Hi all, i'm new on this site, been frequent visitor but never posted b4. in light of the recent news that the ASCC may be shelved for a new design, i decided to mess around with photoshop to see what the ASCC could have been as a MR layout car... the way everyone wants it to be. comments, criticisms, compliments welcome! :biggrin:

nsxtb0.jpg

Hopefully 2.0 doesn't stand for a 2 liter 4 banger. :D But for 80 large out the door and a high-revving 4 liter v8 in behind my ears, you got yourself a buyer!

The angle of the rear end needs to folow the shoulder line of the rest of the car instead of tapering downward. The front end, cabin glass, and wheel base needs to be extended foward to accomodate your new engine placement and where the occupants will now need to sit. You will also be able to drop the heigth of the hood by a considerable amount now that there is no longer a big need (other than luggage) for font end space. Also, with the MR layout, you need to think about how that engine is going to breathe. It looks like you may have added a little air intake on the back glass, but any engineer will tell you that the air inlets have to be above or to the side of the cockpit in order to recieve sufficient amounts of O-2.

Is this still a work in progress??? Keep up the good work and see if you can incorporate a few of the things I have mentioned to make it more "functionalistic" instead of just another photo-shop.

Hopefully 2.0 doesn't stand for a 2 liter 4 banger. :D But for 80 large out the door and a high-revving 4 liter v8 in behind my ears, you got yourself a buyer!

+1

1. Shorten the rear window so it has a longer trunk

2. Slightly steepen the nose, and lower the nose a few inches

3. Add side intake scoops

4. Copyright it and sell the design to Honda!!

5. Mail me a kickback

Wow! Looks pretty damn good, IMO. I duno why, but the roof line and shape of cockpit reminds meof a koenigsegg....which isn't bad in my opinion :D

Very nice...blows me away that the people on this forum can come up with better looking designs than the people at Honda. What's up with that?
Time to start our own car company me thinks. :)

Very nice...blows me away that the people on this forum can come up with better looking designs than the people at Honda. What's up with that?
Time to start our own car company me thinks. :)

It's not that we're so good--it's just that Honda screwed the pooch with that ASCC turd.

I'm not even so hung up on the MR design. I could learn to accept the ASC and it's FR if it didn't look so unappealing. I'm certainly not happy about Honda passing off the ASC as the NSX successor but even as a FR GT car standing apart it's unappealing.

I can't believe that Honda has an entire team of $100K Ivy League degree designers and they can't come up with something better than the ASC. :rolleyes:

thanks for the feedback guys, i'll try some of the suggestions: lower hood (i talready did reprofile the ASCC hood but guess the enthusiasts here want a lower hood :), cooling etc.

-Rob

I can't believe that Honda has an entire team of $100K Ivy League degree designers and they can't come up with something better than the ASC. :rolleyes:

I can't stand the way 1 or 2 design schools turn-out all the designers that are making new cars look square and chunky and more like SUV's

I hated what they did to the "looks" of the BMW Z-4 and Mazda RX-8...even though I like both car. The "in" trends that get copied from the top design schools, just get more and more off-line .....from what real car guys want

I like it way better then the clown shoe original (ASCC)!!!

here is a crude rendering of what I'd like to see changed...

I'm sure you can do a much better job then my ms paint job I did real quick...
shorter nose, lower hood, side intake,maybe add a rear spoiler, strech out the windows..
7751nsxx.jpg

nsxtb0.jpg

Last edited:
Back