• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Asymetrical steering effort vs corner balancing with KW V3 clubsport coilovers

I found it a little strange that exiting a rather slow corner the driver was not willing to give it full power?

I see that a lot during driving schools - People are reluctant to get back on the power and unwind the steering immediately after a corner.

It could also be an uneasy transition between the rear wheels steering opposite the fronts under a certain speed, and then transitioning to the rear wheels steering the same direction as the fronts over a certain speed. Maybe if that particular corner was right around that transition speed, it could cause some strange feeling for the driver.

I don't know - That's why I would like to try it out!

I see that a lot during driving schools - People are reluctant to get back on the power and unwind the steering immediately after a corner.

It could also be an uneasy transition between the rear wheels steering opposite the fronts under a certain speed, and then transitioning to the rear wheels steering the same direction as the fronts over a certain speed. Maybe if that particular corner was right around that transition speed, it could cause some strange feeling for the driver.

I don't know - That's why I would like to try it out!
It seems quite an ambitious project!
Why not spend some time on getting a turbocharged NSX road legal from an emission's perspective?
The laws will now get tougher here in France and there is no chance the car will pass the test without a cat.
It won't be as difficult as in the US as the test will still be done with a sniffer stuck in the exhaust.
Apparently a catalytic converter works only for a given range of AFR so why can't we control it in a closed loop manner?
With the new ECU generation working on the basis of Volumetric Efficiency this should make it easier to achieve I suppose?

My turbo NSX has Magnaflow metallic cats and it passes the sniffer test.

The aftermarket cats have less precious metals in them than OEM and do not last as long. I estimate my cats will last about 15k miles, but they are only $80 each!

I have to use catalytic convertors. I cannot stand the exhaust smell if I don't. It didn't use to bother me, but over the last 15 years I get headaches following an old musclecar, Harley, etc.

My turbo NSX has Magnaflow metallic cats and it passes the sniffer test.

The aftermarket cats have less precious metals in them than OEM and do not last as long. I estimate my cats will last about 15k miles, but they are only $80 each!

I have to use catalytic convertors. I cannot stand the exhaust smell if I don't. It didn't use to bother me, but over the last 15 years I get headaches following an old musclecar, Harley, etc.

That's good news!
I've got 2 years to install one on my car but I'll try to do it asap as I hate the smell as much as you.
Is there a specific model you recommend or is it only the size of the tubing that matters.
As I have a single turbo, I should get away with only one cat right after the turbo I suppose?
Obviously at that price, the AFR is no longer an issue...
I saw a few models here: https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/product-line/magnaflow-universal-catalytic-converters

That's good news!
I've got 2 years to install one on my car but I'll try to do it asap as I hate the smell as much as you.
Is there a specific model you recommend or is it only the size of the tubing that matters.
As I have a single turbo, I should get away with only one cat right after the turbo I suppose?
Obviously at that price, the AFR is no longer an issue...
I saw a few models here: https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/product-line/magnaflow-universal-catalytic-converters

Those will work. Yes, one of them (or two) after your turbo will help.

I use these:
https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/magnaflow-universal-spun-catalytic-converters?tw=spun%20catalytic&sw=MagnaFlow%20Universal%20Spun%20Catalytic%20Converters

Edit: I forgot to offer before, but I'm happy to buy any parts in the US and ship to you!

Last edited:
Edit: I forgot to offer before, but I'm happy to buy any parts in the US and ship to you!

That's really very kind of you!
Most of the time the suppliers offer international shipping but for small parts the pricing is ridiculous.
As there is a fixed fee for customs clearance plus VAT on the total cost of the parts including the shipment it can easily double the cost of the part alone.

What are your thoughts on the newer four-wheel steer systems Billy? I haven't driven any, but am really interested in the technology. Apparently, just up to 5 degrees steering angle in the rear changes the handling for the better according to most test reviewers on these new Porsches and Audi's. It doesn't seem hard to retrofit a setup like that on the NSX rear and I'm running out of things to modify....
They're amazing and can greatly improve the performance, handling, and predictability of a car, and dial out unwanted characteristics and improve on some handling limitations. It would be very difficult to properly tune one of those setups on a new car. You need to take steering position, speed, lateral force, suspension displacement into account, and tune for all the given conditions which is a lot more and a lot more work than most people realize.

Back