• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alignment numbers all over the place and KW V3 height collar mismatch in all corners...

As the title says...I'm sort of lost in all this. Had the timing belt etc along with alignment at a very reputable shop over summer. I had the car towed back to me since the shop is a few hours away from my house. Anyway, the alignment print out basically shows numbers all out of spec on one side and within spec the other side. I only looked at the sheet after driving it when I had significant rub on the passenger front side. Caster is also out of spec on that side. Looks like the tires are closer to the door than the driver side, which explains the rub mark inside the wheel well toward the door side/rear well. Also, passenger side tow is out while the driver side is turned to center a touch with steering wheel dead center. Camber also looks a bit off with numbers out of spec on one side. When I called the shop, they said this is the best they can get given the height of the car. They did note the collars on KW V3 significantly mismatched, one side threaded almost 10-15mm more than other side. They didn't mess with the coilover height, just the alignment stuff.

Could this be an issue with KW V3 height being adjusted on a poorly aligned car from the beginning? Then the alignment not being possible to get in spec since the KW V3 collars are not close to being even on driver vs passenger side? I'm thinking about evening up the collars in relation to the threads on both sides and trying alignment again...Any insights would be appreciated! I'll upload the alignment specs later.

Sounds like you need a new alignment shop with higher level skills, who would start with adjusting the coilovers for equalizing ride heights and corner weights as close as possible, before doing "the alignment stuff."

agree, you need a better
speed shop that caters to the performance/track crowd...

Thanks for the comments. Here’s the print out I received. Really hard to believe the before and after.

Attachments

• 33DF8C5F-92A7-47A0-99CD-7875EA09599D.jpeg
    33DF8C5F-92A7-47A0-99CD-7875EA09599D.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 27
Is the car significantly lower on the left ???
If the car is low, it is totally possible that you cannot reach the "stock" camber, especially on the rear. But you should be able to get the same values left and right. Just to be sure, I would check the eccentric washers that are on your camber adjustment bolts. Be sure that the eccentric part of the washer is aligned with the eccentric part of the bolt and that the washer is not mounted 180°.

Shops that will handle ride height adjustment on coilovers will tend to charge accordingly for that service. It would be odd for OP to not notice varying ride height discrepancies. Like it was mentioned, if the left side of the car is significantly lower then the negative camber makes sense.

Go to a different shop and make sure the spring perches are the same height right to left. NSXs are well balanced so if the perches are even, everything will come down to the alignment. It seems like their entire rack is 1.5* uneven.

I agree with Billy. Set all the spring perches to the same height on the shock bodies (but especially right to left). I start at the top of the threads just for consistency and then lower as needed. If the car is on a properly level alignment rack, then you can set the heights measuring at the factory bolt locations or using the jack points on the frame rails.

If it's still off, it's possible one or more of your control arm assemblies has been bent.

Back