• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Atom alternative

2007 RCR Superlite Roadster Spec Sheet

17 inch wheels - no tyres
4 piston Wilwood calipers
12 1/5 inch drilled rotors
Quick disconnect steering wheel
D.O.M. CNC bent steel chassis tubing - Tig welded
DOM tubing suspension steel - Tig welded
Chromoly/teflon rod ends suspension
Powdercoated chassis
Aluminum radiator
Labeled/color coded wiring harness
Choice of nose cones and fenders - design.to be announced (TBA)
Adjustable bucket seats
Pair race harness seat belts
Collapsible steering column
Stainless steel. triple pedal assembly with master cylinder and brake bias.
Aluminum fuel tank
Engine bay brace
CNC billet uprights
Corvette wheel bearings
CV joint stub axles
Digidashlite digital gauge package.(datalogger optional extra.)
Engine bay to accept almost any FWD drivetrain - custom mounts available extra cost.
1150LBS ready to run

All of the above is included as standard package

Price: $15,995

rcr_roadster_1_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_2_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_3_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_4_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_5_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_6_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_7_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_8_fs.jpg
rcr_roadster_9_fs.jpg

body word coming soon:
rcrRoadster.jpg

www.superlitecars.com

What do you think of this Atom Clone? I personally like the Superlite Roadster (SL-R) The body work seem to be more functional like the brake ducts.:biggrin:

Zonta :smile:

P1122133a.jpg

As the story goes (fuzzy details), Brammo has sold the North American rights to build the Atom to a Canadian based company (Trak). Production of Brammo atoms is said to cease soon.

The Atom will more of rarity since Brammo has closed it doors on the Atom.

Photo Chop
attachment.php

Last edited:
The Atom is going to get 500 HP in an engine that revs to 10k. I don't know what to say... :eek:

BREAKING NEWS: ARIEL ATOM 500 V8 ANNOUNCED

New Atom has double power to weight of a Veyron
<!-- Generated by XStandard version 1.7.1.0 on 2008-02-28T15:41:40 -->

V8 Ariel Atom. Fast.
Ariel has announced the latest version of the Atom – the Ariel Atom 500, powered by a small V8 engine. With over 500bhp in a 500kilo package the Atom 500 will boast one of the highest power to weight ratios ever for a production car.
The Atom will have over 1000bhp per tonne (compared to a Bugatti Veyron’s 521bhp/tonne) and will be built in limited numbers.
The 500 started life as a one off special project with RS Developments in 2007 and features the Russell Savory designed 2.4 litre V8 engine coupled to a 6 speed sequential Sadev gearbox.
Developing over 500bhp at 10,000rpm the supercharged engine features all alloy construction, 5 valves per cylinder and a dry sump.
The gearbox will have flatshift capability, a paddle gearchange with manual override as well as launch and traction controls.
The new car is recognisable by twin rear intakes for intercoolers and will feature a unique colour scheme for chassis, wheels and bodywork combined with carbon fibre panels and carbon fibre aerofoils.
Other features will include chromemoly aerofoil wishbones, integrated function steering wheel, Alcon 4 pot caliper brakes and Dymag magnesium wheels.
Simon Saunders, Director of Ariel, said: ‘This is an interesting project for us and an experimental departure from what we normally produce.
'For a few customers the Atom 500 will be the ultimate expression of lightweight performance and represents the outer limits of what is achievable in a road registered car.
'We also use this sort of project to explore the possibilities of how we can improve our standard cars.
'The Honda engined production cars already combine all the elements that we want in an Atom and by pushing the envelope to these sorts of extremes we can further improve the breed.’
The Atom 500 will be produced in Somerset at the new Ariel factory with the first car available from Spring this year.
Prices have not yet been finalised and expect performance to be earth shattering…

This is what Americans need to be driving for commuting instead of those "commercial trucks" as someone on prime put it.

I am looking for something along this line to replace the S2000 and in lieu of a motorcycle because I value my life too much to purchase a 2 wheeler.

I don't need a rocket, just a zippie open cockpit 4 wheeler that is affordable and good on gas.

I am looking for something along this line to replace the S2000 and in lieu of a motorcycle because I value my life too much to purchase a 2 wheeler.

I don't need a rocket, just a zippie open cockpit 4 wheeler that is affordable and good on gas.

caterham?

If three out of four are OK - have you checked out the new Bombardier Can-Am Spyder Roadster?

I saw a few of these out for country drives this holiday weekend - they look like a lot of fun.

Vi_Spyder.jpg

If three out of four are OK - have you checked out the new Bombardier Can-Am Spyder Roadster?

I saw a few of these out for country drives this holiday weekend - they look like a lot of fun.

Vi_Spyder.jpg

Headlights remind me of a spider.

edit: just noticed the name of the vehicle. :tongue:

Brilliant looking machine. VW was going to produce something similar, but with much better engineering. Unfortunately, they have decided not to bring it to production.

I actually checked one of these out at Mission Motorsports. It's really cool looking and different which is what got me hooked. Rides...well it rides like it is, a big bike, yet very different. I wouldn't put it on the same level as the Atom or its clones. Its a bike for the most part, a cruiser bike with 3 wheels. You also don't need a bike license to drive one, a car drivers license works just fine. I was close to pulling the trigger but after some research it turns out the thing only gets about 33mpg give or take. I was looking for an economical alternative to my Integra which was for sale at the time. The Spyder looked like a lot of fun, and it probably is. But I was hoping it got better mpg. I got my Honda Fit instead, mpg not as good (I get about 30-31mpg on my daily commutes, 36-37mpg on my long road trips), but more room to carry stuff around. Hence I went with practical over fun. If I had the room in the garage, I'd pick one up just because. I really like the look. Color options suck though yellow or silver were the only ones available at the time, though now they have red as a limited edition. I would have customized it in some anime style though. :cool:

2007 RCR Superlite Roadster Spec Sheet

All of the above is included as standard package

Price: $15,995

Sweet.

Although, you'll all understand if I have to hold out for the coupe version up here in Seattle. :wink:

The Atom is going to get 500 HP in an engine that revs to 10k. I don't know what to say...

I do. Holy S&%$

I'm going to need a list of everyone with a deposit to give to my life insurance agent.

You do not need to sell a Kidney for roller @ 16k

Superlite Roadster @ Carlisle Kit Show 2008

carlisle.jpg

carlisle2.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Here are some pictures of our RCR Superlite Roadster Factory visit. The engine in the back is a K20A3 I think.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Back