• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MCano's 97 Spa Yellow Build

wow your wrench will be eating steak!:biggrin:.......hope to meet you at sebring..safe trip....don't take the ricer bait on the drive....that wing raises testosterone levels on all sport compact drivers:rolleyes:

You bet,

I'm going to reinstall my front license plate and my radar, and try to keep my speed just a little over the speed limit! My car, with that wing, will attract the attention of every highway patrol officer, state trooper, sheriff and local police officer I come across!

Anyone want to take bets on how many times Craig and I get pulled over and not give a citation?

See you at NSXPO Doc!

The drive on the freeway with the supercharger will make you grin ear to ear for hundreds of miles...
You going high boost or the 6 pound pulley?

Right on. You'll love it. I will most likely be going high boost and aftercooler in 2017.

A couple of pics of the CTSC installed but not yet ready to fire up!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CTSC 1.jpg
    CTSC 1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,333
  • CTSC 2.jpg
    CTSC 2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,325
any cooling mods for your CTSC?

All I have at the moment is a MASIV radiator. For my trip to NSXPO, we will not be installing a CTSC specific cooling system, not enough time. When I return, and before going to Laguna Seca, I'm going to look into adding a cooling system.

Last edited:
Wow, this car has come a long way since you bought Layla's sister. Roll safe and I'll give the over/under on being pulled over on the way to NSXPO to 3 times.

Wow, this car has come a long way since you bought Layla's sister. Roll safe and I'll give the over/under on being pulled over on the way to NSXPO to 3 times.

Thanks JC, but really no skill required, you just need a ship load of money!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

any cooling mods for your CTSC?

I have been thinking more about cooling, and I was told to get some help/ideas from you. What do you suggest, and where can i buy it?

I use a simple water/meth spray system via the AS Motorsports phenolic spacer plate. I went thru the details in my build thread.

A few other people have mimicked the setup with good results.

- - - Updated - - -

BMW is using a similar setup in their new M4 GTS btw

I use a simple water/meth spray system via the AS Motorsports phenolic spacer plate. I went thru the details in my build thread.

A few other people have mimicked the setup with good results.

- - - Updated - - -

BMW is using a similar setup in their new M4 GTS btw

Thanks Regan, what page of your build in the intercooler system on?

wow your wrench will be eating steak!:biggrin:.......hope to meet you at sebring..safe trip....don't take the ricer bait on the drive....that wing raises testosterone levels on all sport compact drivers:rolleyes:

Yes DocJohn,, fortunately I'm and older guy with little testosterone left and my wife will be with me. I'll reserve testing out my new wing and CTSC on the track, safely of course. I need to ease into the additional power! See you in about a week!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks JC, Craig and I will beep our horns when we speed through Palm Springs this Saturday!

Last edited:
Due to the lack of time before leaving for NSXPO 2016, the following mods could not be installed. Now that I'm back home, mostly in one piece, the following (hopefully last) mods and repairs will be installed/made before the very last mods are installed, which includes the installation of a LSD and new OS Geiken clutch:

1. Install Difflow Difusser.
2. Install I-Lift system, front and rear.
3. Install Down Force gas tank under tray.
4. Install emergency brake handle refinished to match my Euro Boutique shift knob and steering wheel.
5. Clean up the wiring for my rear ArchLight LED tail lights (currently a bunch of loose wires and control box).
6. Fix the gremlin items that came up during my trip to NSXPO.
7. Paint the trunk surface wing to match my cars paint color.
8. Repair and paint the damaged front wheel fenders.
9. Replace the damaged navigation system screen.
10. Replace a missing plastic piece that attaches to the window.
11. Adjust the windows to reduce air noise.

I keep promising photos, which hopefully I can provide in a few weeks.

[MENTION=15293]mcano[/MENTION] Hi Mario, could you do me a small favor? Can you give me a rough weight estimate for the Down Force gas tank under tray? I have this same part but it seems unusually heavy. Also, could you post some detail to the hardware that was included to install it? Appreciate it.

@mcano Hi Mario, could you do me a small favor? Can you give me a rough weight estimate for the Down Force gas tank under tray? I have this same part but it seems unusually heavy. Also, could you post some detail to the hardware that was included to install it? Appreciate it.

Hey Regan,

I'll try and have the gas tank under tray weighed this weekend. Mine is made of carbon fiber, but it did weigh some. I don't recall getting any fasteners, but it has been a few weeks since I picked up the part, so my memory is vague!

I don't recall that the Down Force front bumper under tray did not come with any hardware, none of the pre-drill holes in the under tray were not usable, and the under tray block ventilation to the heating/AC coil. So, I suspect that the gas tank under tray will need custom installation as did the front bumper under tray!

Update:

I was never able to get the OS Geiken LAD that I order over a year ago. So, I ended up canceling that order when I was able to purchase the OS Giken LSD W/ 4.4 Final Drive from a local NSXer. I was hoping to get the LSD and my new OS Giken STR Series Clutch, installed and my trans refurbished before my next track meet in February, but evidently the best individual in So-Cal to install this equipment is overloaded with work for the next few months. However, I still have a lot of other mods to install and repairs to be made to keep my mechanic really busy for a while as follows (Sorry for repeating this):

Suspension:
Install iLift Semi-Automatic System, Front & Rear
Up grade to race grade Cedar Ridge toe links

Aero:
Install Downforce NSX-R gas tank undertray
Install Difflow 5-element rear diffuser (powder coated aluminum)

Intake & Exhaust:
Install Love Fab Headers
Install Angus high flow cats

Engine:
Install Inter-cooler

Interior:
Replace cracked center counsel
Install new Pioneer stereo/navigation system

Safety Equipment:
Install a 2.5 lb BC Fire Extinguisher & Bracket

Miscellaneous:
Install Cedar Ridge harmonic balancer shield
Replace front, steel, bumper bar with an aluminum one
Perform other weight reduction work
Activate "MyLaps" transponder.

Last edited:
Mario, is was nice meeting you at NSXPO. We were talking during the driver's meeting at Sebring. Looks like you have some nice additions coming. Keep us posted with pictures and details.

Mario, is was nice meeting you at NSXPO. We were talking during the driver's meeting at Sebring. Looks like you have some nice additions coming. Keep us posted with pictures and details.

Hey Fuoss, thanks for your compliments. My car has changed a lot from when I first bought her! My car is still much faster than the driver, but I'm getting better with each track weekend!

Three of us from SoCal are planning on going to NSXPO 2017. Hope to see you again there!

Mario

Nice update list. Did you just win the lottery? Lol.

Quick update

I'm still waiting for the balance of my modifications to be installed. In the interim, my car is currently at the auto/body shop getting crimps in my front wheel wells repaired. The crimps were caused when I went off the tack and hit the raised edge of the pavement when I came back onto the track. I'm also having the hood and front end re-painted to correct the poorly matching paint from when I had the VIS ducted hood originally painted. Lastly, the trunk spoiler component of the Voltex GT wing is getting painted yellow to match the car. The trunk spoiler was actually meant to be painted.

However, the most important part of this update is that Cody Love is fabricating a custom exhaust system for my car. The system includes SS headers with super large diameter collector pipes, SS high-flow cats, and a titanium exhaust. Cody has been chomping at the bit to fabricate this system, but has not been able to do so due his race car project. Cody is super excited about the system, and I cant hardly wait to see what the components look like and more importantly on how the system will sound. I'll post pics and sound clips in about three weeks when the system is installed on my car.

A new last minute mod to my car. I have ordered and hope to have a B-Line cold air intake system installed prior to WestFest. Some who have this system have felt a slight power increase. I'll see for my self hopefully soon!

nsx_intake2_site-1.jpg

Last minute modification change before driving to NSXPO 2017!

I was able to buy a set of used Mugen headers from Marc Perez. I also bought an AP-X Version 1 exhaust from Wil Lee. I had a pair of Angus high-flow 100 cell cats that I was selling, but now I will be keeping them to use with the Mugen headers and AP-X exhaust.

Tks for looking!

Last edited:
Back