• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Att. Twin turbo people

Two things I would like to discuss. The good one first, I have several NSX twin turbo stickers that replace the Acura one in the center rear tailight left over from my changeover. Its the standard NSX print on top with twin turbo on the bottom in smaller print. About $7.00 ea would cover my cost. The seperation of the light went vary easy and will be happy to offer advice on how I did mine. Now for the bad news, I have been trying to call Aerodyne for three weeks now to return some leftover parts and KNOW ONE is home in the main office in NY or Tech support in Dallas. I finally talked to one of their dealers and he said they are reorgainizing the company. When ever a company suddenly shuts down that translates into, the bank has taken control and unless the guy on the white horse shows we might not have tech. support. If any of us have problems with our turbo's they are the ONLY ones to service them. If any body cam dig up some info to prove me wrong, please let us know. Dan

Originally posted by sjs:
It is clear to me that Aerocharger is down for the count with little chance to recover. Very sad for them, and for their customers. More info to follow...

Maybe if we're lucky, the Aerocharger technology will be sold to a larger turbo manufacturer who can support it, assuming turbo companies feel the design is viable as a profitable product.

To me it seems like they could have done so much more with the aerocharger, especially if they could have made a slightly larger version and/or increased the size of the compressor wheel on their current offering..

Marc

To me it seems like they could have done so much more with the aerocharger, especially if they could have made a slightly larger version and/or increased the size of the compressor wheel on their current offering..

Marc[/B][/QUOTE]
Aerodyne had a 12% larger Turbo which were the ones I used on my NSX back when it had the Bell Kit.

Originally posted by Gerry Johnson:
Aerodyne had a 12% larger Turbo which were the ones I used on my NSX back when it had the Bell Kit.

Each of their basic models have several dozen configurations of turbine and compressor variables depending on application. The latest version of the larger model was rated at up to 540 cfm compared to just 320 cfm max from the smaller one. Unfortunately Corky used the smaller one pretty well maxed out. It made sense to him because the system was never intended to exceed 6psi, but I wish that I had done a bit more research and insisted for the larger ones to keep my future options open.

Bummer about Aerodyne, I heard the same thing on another board
frown.gif

Here is a good thing though
smile.gif
DIY on how to install said twin turbo stickers:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/DIYS

See DIY 04

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

This is bad news indeed.

Can anyone suggest a replacement oil for the Aerodyne turbo? The last bottle I bought came from their Texas office and I only have about 25% left.

Thx

Originally posted by DONYMO:
Can anyone suggest a replacement oil for the Aerodyne turbo

I have that info.. Somewhere!! I'll try to dig it up at home over the next day or two & will post here once I find it.

FYI, it is not a "special Aerodyne oil" and can be purchased whether or not Aerodyne is in business.

I've been told that the oil is Mobil SH360

That may be the same as what Gerhardt at Aerodyne told me, depending on if one of us (you or I) transposed the numbers
smile.gif
. I have it written down as Mobil 630 (instead of 360). According to some websites I found it on, it's some sort of synthetic gear oil for commercial applications.. ?

Here's a link to Mobil's description of their 600-series oils.
http://www.imperialoil.com/pdf/mobilshc600.pdf

Marc

[This message has been edited by SpeedDemon (edited 08 August 2002).]

Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
That may be the same as what Gerhardt at Aerodyne told me, depending on if one of us (you or I) transposed the numbers
smile.gif
. I have it written down as Mobil 630 (instead of 360).

I just checked my original email and it says SH360. However, that's from Corky who likely got it from Gerhardt with whom he is very close. So, I'd bet Corky transposed the numbers and that it is indeed SH630. Good! Now where do we get it?

I just checked my original email and it says SH360. However, that's from Corky who likely got it from Gerhardt with whom he is very close. So, I'd bet Corky transposed the numbers and that it is indeed SH630. Good! Now where do we get it?

A buddy of mine ordered the turbo oil from Corky Bell last week...no problems.

Back