• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ATTN: 1991 owners! (1991 registry)

ATTN: 1991 owners!!! I want to put together another spreadsheet to find the pattern (if any) between VIN, exterior color, interior color, and manufacture date. I had one going before, but old computer crapped out. I've seen a few other lists floating around so I'll pull info from them also. It's something I've wanted to pull together and analyze for a while now.

If you own a 1991 just give the last 6 digits of the VIN, manufacture date, and interior/exterior colors. I'll post the spreadsheet in a few days if there is enough info.

-Alec

Do you want international or just Nth America

I'll take it all just because it may help establish a pattern between color and production date. The "vin" part may not help if it does not have one, but yes all data will help!!

-Alec

At what month was the car released to the public? Mine is April 91. I know it's not the earliest but April is rather early. Honestly, this is the 1st time I've ever looked at my prod date.:redface:

Last edited:
At what month was the car released to the public? Mine is April. I know it's not the earliest but April is rather early. Honestly, this is the 1st time I've ever looked at my prod date.:redface:

That is something I have been curious about as well. How early it gets. April is super early! What are the rest of the details for your car?

I have heard people tell me all sorts of dates that manufacturing started, but most were after the date mine was made so I know it is earlier than most think. April is as early as I have heard to be built in 1990. Mine was 07/90.

-Alec

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a bunch of potential data for you: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:US_91_VINs
Mine is blk/blk 002398 Apr '91 imported to Canada

I have searched through that listing many times. Only issue is that they are missing the manufacturing dates. It may help still piece together some information about color patterns.

-Alec

I think you may be confusing things. I didn't see anyone claiming theirs was built in Apr '90 but rather Apr '91. I would expect the early '91s to have been built in fall '90

Yes I suppose I was assuming if he is talking about a 1991 that it was built in April 90 which is probably an incorrect assumption. In his case I would still need to production year and last 6 of the VIN for the spread sheet to look into it, but mine was built before fall of 90 and is a 91.

-Alec

- - - Updated - - -

VIN#00453 Black on Black

Could you also please include your production date?

-Alec

I will fully admit I am lazy and don't want to look it up. Where do I find build date?

Warren does this make yours the 732nd car built?

This was sort of my drive to do this. To figure out if there is a relationship with the VIN and the production date or if there is another factor that gives the car the VIN number.

For example my car ends in 000199 and was built 07/90, but I have heard others say they had an earlier production date with a VIN that ended in 001234 for example. I don't really have enough yet to see or try to figure out the pattern. I just with Honda used serial numbers or something.

-Alec

- - - Updated - - -

I will fully admit I am lazy and don't want to look it up. Where do I find build date?

HAHA nice! It is located on the black and white sticker on the driver side door jamb by the striker. it will be in the XX/XX month year form.

-Alec

I sent this to you on Facebook, but I'll put it here too:

Japanese 11/'90, 000382, Berlina Black on black.

So, the pattern I'm kind of seeing here is that with US and Japanese production being very similar (about 50% compared to 40% worldwide production, for 90% total), there was a huge push to get a number of US cars out before Japanese production picked up, roughly 800 cars based on chassis numbers alone. A US 11/90 as shown above punches around the 1300 range while my Japanese 11/90 hasn't even breached 400 yet.

My '91 NSX was originally red/black and is 001021. The build date on door sticker is 10/90 and it was sold 11/30/90 at Smithtown Acura in NY state.

It was interesting to see this behind the radio. October 13th, 1990?

build-date_zpsftlguzhv.jpg

Back