• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ATTN: 1991 owners! (1991 registry)

Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a clean 91 Red w/black interior. Currently at around 70k. Vin:000391. Production 7/90

It has been babied and I will continued to do so.

Does anyone know the actual sale price of their 1991 NSXs? I'm curious how much over the sticker price they cost circa mid-late 1990.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the actual sale price of their 1991 NSXs? I'm curious how much over the sticker price they cost circa mid-late 1990.

Since I'm the original owner of my '91, I can tell you the sales price: $61k plus T&L. I left a $500 deposit at several dealers with a written agreement that I'd pay that price, and no more, when one became available. In LA they were selling well over the MSRP of $61.6K at the time, so I had to wait a few months before one dealer was willing to meet my offer in April of '91. I believe that my NSX was one of the first to sell under MSRP in LA, but I have no way of knowing if that is in fact true. But I've stuck to that story for over 25 years:wink:

Spyder

Curious about historic details.. Would #s 71 & 75 have crossed the Pacific wearing the short-lived, non Soichiro approved 'A' badges that were ordered to be pried off?

If you mean the upside down Acura badge, my NSX was delivered that way. I loved it! However, in about 2000, following a dent removal from the hood and a respray, the car was returned to me with the badge right-side up, and my car was no longer unique--at least I never saw another with the badge reversal.

Spyder

If you mean the upside down Acura badge, my NSX was delivered that way. I loved it! However, in about 2000, following a dent removal from the hood and a respray, the car was returned to me with the badge right-side up, and my car was no longer unique--at least I never saw another with the badge reversal.

Spyder

Did you notice it was more aero upside-down? :smile:

I meant the short-lived Acura badge with the open center design. As the story goes the 1st 300 or so NSXs crossed the Pacific with the recalled badge.

image.axd

Hey Jack, the original window sticker on my 91 said $62.600. The invoice dated 7/13/91 stated vehicle price of $92.600

Did you notice it was more aero upside-down? :smile:

I meant the short-lived Acura badge with the open center design. As the story goes the 1st 300 or so NSXs crossed the Pacific with the recalled badge.

image.axd

Aerodynamics aside, the upside down badge conjured an image unsuitable for discussion on a family site. But I'll offer that the "open center design" be redesignated the "deflowered badge":tongue:

According to Honcho, my car's original owner was a dentist (doctor? not sure) in Indiana (again, IIRC) who paid $120,000 for it. In 2015, when Honcho told me about it, that converted to ~$205K. Musta wanted it real bad to pay almost double the MSRP.

I have a copy of the original invoice and mine sold for $66,000 in October of 1990. I am the 2nd owner and bought mine with 19,800 miles almost 2 years ago.

If you own a 1991 just give the last 6 digits of the VIN, manufacture date, and interior/exterior colors. I'll post the spreadsheet in a few days if there is enough info.

-Alec

000636, 10/90, Formula Red/Onyx

Last edited:
1991 Formula Red/Ivory 003218 08/91

Back