• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi Le Mans quattro

I know this is not directly about the next NSX but when I was reading about it in www.autoweek.com it had me thinking.

"Volkswagen chief Bernd Pischetsrieder said recently a production Le Mans would have far less horsepower than the Gallardo’s 500, as well as a significantly lower sticker price to avoid competing with the Lamborghini. Gallardos sell for about $160,000 to $170,000. So, significantly lower than that would also open up the market to a lot more Le Mans buyers. Pischetsrieder also hinted at a Le Mans price of between $80,000 and $120,000. The lower end of that spectrum bumps up against Porsche 911s."

AudiLemans2_400.jpg

If Audi can get that kinda of car into production and have it price like that,I believe Honda can do the same.

The Le Mans is nice. Too bad they had a fake one at the Chicago Auto Show.

My enthusiasm has waned, however, on the realization that the specs of the prototype in Autoweek, i.e. 610 hp. and 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, are far different than what we can expect given Pischetsrieder's statement about a 911 competitor with less hp. than the Gallardo's 500.

I don't think it looks very good. I wish they would build something that did not look like a stetched TT.

As far as performance, with 400HP, it will probably do 0-60 in 4.5 and 1/4 in 13 at 113. Not too shabby for 80K (if that is what it comes in at).

Just another reason the HSC better have 400+ hp.

Oh my God!!! It looks so ugly !!!!! :( :( :(
same shit like Audi TT !!
Audi is not Honda, they should build cars like A3 or A4.

I was at Willowsprings 2 weeks ago. We were to be at the track from 1-closing. Audi was out there testing at streets. We got there a little early to find them putting on of these cars into an enclosed trailer to leave for the day. I have to say, from the little I saw this is a very good looking car.

The one they had at the track was a little different though. It had Air vents (slits, whatever) over the fendors. Kinda like the ones one you see on the top of the fender on this Saleen S7 for instance http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/saleen/s7_4.jpg

Meybe a car being race prepped?

Last edited:
Back