• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audio Sneak Peek! (Who said the NSX can't be custom?)

Does anyone here have experience with the Dali Racing Golden Ears Subwoofer/Enclosure (actually an Eclipse sub)?

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Thanks for the decisive information guys. I will now tell the guys at the shop to look before they assume. The shop that is doing the install is Custom Car Alarms in S.F. Honda. I have used them in the past on my 89 Supra Turbo for a total custom install and I trust their install techniques. I recommend them for anyone who is considering a custom stereo install or alarm upgrade. Here is a link to some pictures of some the work done by them on my 89 Supra Turbo. http:// photos.yahoo.com/bc/nmymirr69/lst?.dir=/89+Supra&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/nmymirr69/lst%3f.dir=/89%2bSupra%26.src=ph%26.view=t

[This message has been edited by NMYMIRR (edited 02 April 2002).]

Originally posted by NMYMIRR:
They told me that there wasn't a sub woofer in my car. They look under the passenger side floor left of the kick panel and only found a metal plate and they say it's probably a computer of some sort.[/B]

Tell them to remove the metal plate, it is right behind it. I removed/repaired all my speakers 2 months ago. Ya, it is annoying to get out, but that's where the sub is.

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

NMYMIRR,

The sub is in there, trust me
wink.gif
, I know.

Chris

The trunk space only lost about an inch of depth. The amp is recessed into the area where the factory toolkit is to prevent losing trunk depth.

And the top piece where the WAP is, is actually a little deceiving. It appears that you "lose" a lot of space, but the reality is that the only space you lose is the littly cubby in the top left. The board that covers it is 3/4" so you lose about 1" of depth and 3/4" of width total in the trunk.

And as far the golf clubs, I don't know... I don't play golf
smile.gif

-B

FYI, you guys might want to check out the new kenwood stuff. They just came out with a dvd changer which can play cd, cd-r, vcd, dvd and MP3!

Henry.

Just so no one goes through the same hassle I have.

The Subwoofer enclosure on the 97+ NSX's isn't the same as the '91-'96's. In the more recent NSX's they mount some box to the floor of the passenger footwell so there isn't as much room for a new subwoofer box. Craig was making one for me similiar to the one in the pictures above and it will not fit in my car. The box on the floor takes up about two inches of space and Craig is now looking at creating a box that will fit the newer cars.

I recently took some pictures of the sub enclosure and the passenger footwell with everything except the box on the floor removed. If anyone would like to see these pictures email me and I will send them off to you.

On another note I have noticed other changes on the '00 NSX-T on other items that I am installing and will post more information soon.

Back