• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aussie NSXPO

I was planning to organise an NSXpo and have had discussions with Honda Australia re helping me out............but I can't even get the Sydney NSXers along to cruises (and some I can't even get to join the club), so I am not keen to put in all the effort that will be required for an NSXpo when the turn out might be extremely poor. happy to be convinced.........or even happier for someone else to organise!!!

I totally understand what you mean. :( You know I'd help out. Perhaps we should consider merging with an S2K expo to help boost numbers (and ego's... the NSX is the S2000's Daddy afterall :D )

Well you can count me in with possibly one or two more from SA. Has anyone tried contacting their local Honda dealers for a list of NSX owners to contact and provide info on the event. It may hold further credability if the info came from the dealer. We can also see if we can get some sponsorship from them to help with the event.

Hey Neo could you please provide details of the USA NSXPO on how the event was organised and what was involved.

NSX-SA said:
Has anyone tried contacting their local Honda dealers for a list of NSX owners to contact and provide info on the event. It may hold further credability if the info came from the dealer.

I have. They brushed me off with the privacy excuse (which is fair enough... i could have been a professional car thief). Even getting them to do anything would be impossible since i don't have to set of wheels to show "im one of them". :rolleyes:

I think Grant has tried something similar. But i agree, Honda's approval would go a long way in bringing out other NSX owners. Especially since it's the final year of production ... it might be a good publicity opportunity for Honda.

I recently managed to organise a mail out (about our club) to around 35 NSX owners in Sydney, and the mail out included the following statement:

"There are also plans for a NSXpo in Sydney in early 2006, which will be attended by NSXs from around the country."

So sorry Neo, looks like the NSXpo is in Sydney!!!

I provided the material for the mail out, but obviously for privacy reasons the dealership actually did the mail out (and I am extremely grateful to them for their help).

Honda Australia told me they "had some (very) initial discussions with people here about the idea of a publicity-driven NSXPO but it's too early to tell what's going to happen". I need to follow them up, but as per my last post, I am struggling to get the motivation to organise due to the lethargic response I get when organising cruises.

I personally am keen for NSXPO in Sydney! It's where both my NSX's are, pitty I can't seem to be in the same state as my NSX's sometimes!! :frown:

Grant.... "Build it... They will come"! :wink:

Hey all AU NSX'ers.

Given enough notice, I would consider attending an NSXPO in Australia. I might even ship my NSX if there were an associated track event.

That would be UNREAL Mark. What's even funnier - you'd probably have the only 02 at the Aussie NSXPO. :p :D ROFL ROFL

I don't care where the NSXPO is in Australia, as long as there's an NSXPO. I'll support it where-ever it is...

So where do we go from here. Surely we can get more than a couple of NSX's together. If we can get cars from Qld, NSW, NT and SA to travel all the way to Alice Springs for Exotics in the Outback then we can get NSXPO happening either in Sydney or Melbourne (Sydney has my vote).

I'll contact my local dealers, one of which I know well, to gauge their interest in such an event. I'm sure they will be able to work with the other dealers to provide bi-partisan support to help get this event up and going.

What we need is an info pack that we can provide to dealers and NSX owners on what we are tiring to achieve and when. We all need to be communicating the same theme as to provide consistency and interest to help motivate all interested parties.

In the mail out that I organised, we had 3 bits of paper
(i) a cover letter from the dealer
(ii) a flyer about the club (and mentioning the NSXpo)
(iii) an application form

Cover Letter read:

Dear ……………..

[Dealers name] has been a long time supporter of the Honda Sports Car Club of NSW, (HSCC). It therefore gives me great pleasure in writing to you to make sure that you are aware of the activities of the HSCC. This Club has a number of NSX owners and arranges drive days (both road and track) together with a wide range of other activities for NSX enthusiasts.

I am pleased to be able to provide you with the attached information on the HSCC. Please do not hesitate to phone us or to contact the HSCC direct to obtain any further information you might need.

Yours sincerely,

A Person
Director, Sales And Marketing

Flyer read:

Dear NSX Owner

Did you know that there is a club for Honda NSX owners such as yourself?

Proud owners of NSXs and also S2000s and Integra Type R/Ss have united as official Honda Sports Car Club (HSCC) members throughout Australia. No other Honda models qualify for the club.

Despite there having been only an estimated 130 NSXs ever sold new in Australia, the HSCC of NSW has a growing number of NSX enthusiasts, so why not come and discover the perfect way to meet people equally passionate about their Honda NSX and share in the experiences of like-minded enthusiasts. To give you an idea of the passion, the President of the HSCC of NSW owns 2 NSXs!

The HSCC of NSW has regular drive days on some great NSW roads (yes, they do exist, you just need to know where to find them!). There are also track days throughout the year at tracks such as Eastern Creek and Wakefield Park. Designed to show of the capabilities of the NSX, the track days give you quality track time at the wheel of your NSX on a closed circuit. All on-track driving is performed in a safe, controlled environment often with supervision and guidance from expert instructors. There are also regular HSCC days at the Eastern Creek Skid Pan. There are also plans for a NSXpo in Sydney in early 2006, which will be attended by NSXs from around the country.

Rick Damelian has been a long time supporter of the HSCC of NSW. We have provided this letter to [Dealer name] to pass onto their NSX customers. Your details have not been made available to the HSCC.

Yearly membership of the HSCC of NSW is only $50 (plus an initial joining fee of $25). Why not come and participate in a HSCC of NSW event for free before considering whether to join? Please contact Joe Blogs on 9999 1111 or [email protected] (owner of a 91 Red NSX) for more information. We look forward to seeing you and your NSX on an upcoming drive or track day.

The flyer had photos attached of a drive day on which 8 NSXs turned up.

Thats great Grant how long ago did you send it out and what responce did you have.

It would be 2 months ago I guess. I need to check with the membership person as to any new membership applications received. Will let you know.

It is worth replicating this mailout with any dealers that people have a strong relationship with.

Yeah, I was going to say, you'd have alot more luck with a "honda" expo, I think. With NSX, S2K, and Integra, I guess. The owners of the latter two are definitely interested in the former.

- Andrew

I suppose if you can confirm something i could bring up a few from Melbourne. But how serious is the planning? Can we get confirmation of commitment from state organisers?

What kind of numbers would be considered an NSXOZPO?

NEO once again you start all the trouble and cant back it up. Plan something my friend. Or just get me a copy of that NSXPO video you are suppose to be making since you got an all expense paid trip.

dippy9 said:
What kind of numbers would be considered an NSXOZPO?

Why not a mixed honda XPO but with special NSX events? This way we still have the NSX guys together but you can also have all the S2K guys admiring our cars... and justifying why they didn't buy the NSX. ;) :D j/k I'm sorry... that's mean. :D

dippy9 said:
NEO once again you start all the trouble and cant back it up. Plan something my friend. Or just get me a copy of that NSXPO video you are suppose to be making since you got an all expense paid trip.

Dippy... Dippy... Dippy... this is an "interest" thread... planning starts when we have some interest.

NSXPO video is in the pipeline. You know you are most welcome to drop past my place and watch it anytime... and listen to me tell you how AWESOME NSXPO WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

a couple of existing club members received the mail out (including myself) so they did do it alright.

hi guys, just wondering if there has been any progress? oh btw, how often do you guys go for cruises? would love the opportunity to meet the oz guys and see them cars too. keep us posted. danny. :smile:

Last edited:
Back