• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Australian NSX Restoration No. 11

Hi

My Name is Matt I live in Brisbane QLD i need to track down a couple of interior parts to complete the restoration on my NSX.

It is a MAY 1989 Build.

It was one of the Fifteen prototypes assbled by Honda Japan for testing
so when i got it from the previous owner that worked in the NSX factory it was in the middle of being converted from prototype to Streetable version.

Chassis No. NA1-1000011
Engine No. C30A-1000022

As you can see it has been a test car so there is only 5000 Klms on the speedo.

I am missing:
A Pillar covers inside
B pillar covers where seat belt comes through
bit in front of dash board where air comes out for defrosting front window
Number plate Brackets front bar
Radio/Cassette but got that covered Bought Dali Racing Street Dash

I also have all stock speakers and monts for speaker dont need anymore.

Have a spare set of stock Rims 15/16's

If there is anyone out there that can help me find these piece's it would be greatly appriecated.

I have heard of a wreckers in Melb. Hondwreck but he just seems to give me the run around.
There was also rumors of a wreck in Nerang at HondaRec but have not been able to see it.

Thanks Matt
lo res tag.jpg

Interior .JPG

First Bath in Aus .JPG

Hi,
I sold a 1991 red/black to a guy in Sydney about 5 years ago. It was a written off in Tokyo after a "small" altercation with a concrete wall .. anyway I contacted that guy a couple of years ago and although he had planned to have it repaired he had done nothing with it, I will try to dig up his email address and send it to you, maybe you could get some parts from him, the car had heavy front end damage but everything else was fine, not many KM's on the car either so all parts would be valuable (had HKS exhaust/headers).

Another avenue could be www.isibike.com they can possibly source JDM parts for you, I cant see from your pictures if your A-pillar etc is the standard grey colour or red like the interior ?

I was reading yesterday in a book the wife got me for Christmas that were many prototypes built and some of them had a 255HP SOHC engine and some mules had a twin turbo setup and even 1 with a 5 litre V8, is yours the standard engine? Is there any other interesting differences??

//Kye

Last edited:
I have the photos I took in Japan before i got it sent to AUS

nsx3.jpg

nsx6l.jpg

nsx13l.jpg

nsx14l.jpg

I just realized I also need the little triangle bit that goes on the top of the door one covers the back of the door handle the other covers the back of the plate bit where the mirror should go. My Nsx has had the mirrors shaved off the doors I'm not sure wether they were even put on this prototype model.

If there are any more pic's that can help you guys out with info let me know.

Cheers
Matt

Hey Mr Honda, welcome to the forum! Nice to see another Aussie onboard.

Sounds like you have a VERY unique NSX; a prototype is even rarer than a Zanardi. ;) I would have suggested Hondawreck here in Melbourne too; he may be giving you the run around because it's Christmas time or you're interstate?

I think I bought most of the Parts at Hondwreck in Melbourne. I don't think he had much in the way of Interior parts anyway. Having said that they never seemed to know what they had in stock.

I'm still looking also.

hmm, i just realise too there is no mirror on the door :biggrin:

i wander if the cabling is ready for the mirror

You can try to contact Joe Toth at ERZ Cars 1434 Eastern Parkway Brooklyn, NY 11233. His e-mail is [email protected]

They have parted out over 100 NSXs. Give him a try. I have purchased some parts from him. Great guy to talk to. Very knowledgable on these cars. Prices are very fair.

You have a nice car. It is very interesting to see that some of the pre-production type cars are in the market. Your engine compartment looks just like my 91 (Ser #265). What do the four push buttons, behind the shifter, do?

Brad

4 Buttons are only 2, 2 are fake ones

1 does the half height aerial the other the front driving lights.

Thanks for the compliments.

I will try old mate

Thanks again
Matt

whrdnsx said:
I think I bought most of the Parts at Hondwreck in Melbourne. I don't think he had much in the way of Interior parts anyway. Having said that they never seemed to know what they had in stock.

That's because they imported a wrecked NSX. People would visit and remove whatever parts they want (Hondwreck still charged handsomely though :rolleyes: ) which is why they couldn't tell what parts were left.

What's the tought on Interior's

I am going to get it retrimmed in Black Suede with red stitching like the
Type R as close as possible I have a few pic's but nothing too detailed any thoughts or Pic's would be useful

Price Quoted for full retrim by a good trimmers is $ 3500.00 AUD for everything including new Carpet and seat all in suede.
for Leather add $ 1000.00 AUD

Thanks Matt

I would leave it stock (as the prototype becasue it's very special even more special then a NSX-R it will have a specail resale value I think

Back