• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Awesome drive set for 7-22 to Lake Arrowhead

Here's one more from Wagon Trail Road:
i-bSPNTXv-X3.jpg

Thanks! Adrian, do you run? If so, how much? I've been transitioning to minimalist running shoes over the past year-and-a-half or so...did a nine miler in my Merrell's this morning.

My lady is a runner, I used to be. I stopped running and kept eating and blew up like a puffer fish. I used to run 5-7 miles 6 days a week, ran wherever I was at (one of my favorite runs was a 7.8 mile run in san francisco on a trip). I never thought I would stop because it is fun, but I did and now I am trying to slowly get back into. But minimalist shoes MADE running fun for me and my times and distance started to really improve (with graduall transition).

Being overweight I have to switch from regular running shoes to barefoot style shoes but when I get back in shape (will be a slow but gradual process) I will eventually do all minimalist shoes. I have about 6 pair of vibrams and a few other minimalist shoes including merrells, NB and Vivo. Make good driving shoes as well.

My lady got into running by accident. We where late to a charity run in Irvine once and she rushed into the starting line to do a 5K. Well, few miles later she realized and called me saying she must of gotten into the half marathon by accident and was embarassed to drop out so she finished it. After that she enjoyed runners high and she eventually wants to joing a full marathon.

My lady got into running by accident. We where late to a charity run in Irvine once and she rushed into the starting line to do a 5K. Well, few miles later she realized and called me saying she must of gotten into the half marathon by accident and was embarassed to drop out so she finished it.

LOL. That's pretty crazy, finishing a half marathon by "accident". It took me months of preparation to be able to do a half marathon. I would have died if I tried to run one without the training. Your lady is pretty amazing, Adrian!

BTW, awesome pics Eric and everyone else who posted them!

I have about 6 pair of vibrams and a few other minimalist shoes including merrells, NB and Vivo. Make good driving shoes as well.

Funny, I commented to Mark that the Trail Gloves make good driving shoes while we were up at Arrowhead.

I also have a pair of Vibrams...have been slowly increasing my mileage with them and the Merrells. I did my first 8 miler with the Vibram TrekSports last Friday (I ran three times last week, twice in the Merrell's, once in the Vibrams). I have yet to run any races in minimalist shoes, but I plan to wear either the Vibrams or the Merrells during a 10Km next month.

I stopped running and kept eating and blew up like a puffer fish.

This is the number one reason I run. I like eating too much. Would rather run than go on a diet.

LOL. That's pretty crazy, finishing a half marathon by "accident". It took me months of preparation to be able to do a half marathon.

Yeah, that is crazy...I also spent months to prep for my first half. I finally convinced my wife to run a half marathon early last year...and I think that may have been the last time she ran. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, that is crazy...I also spent months to prep for my first half. I finally convinced my wife to run a half marathon early last year...and I think that may have been the last time she ran. :eek:

I know how Valerie feels. My ½ marathon was the last time I ran too! :biggrin:

I don't know how you do it, Eric, but your photos are awesome! :smile:

Thanks, but these photos are really just a combination of camera and lens, blind luck, Photoshop processing, and cropping. Without the camera, I wouldn't have the resolution for the latter...it's not like I can see what I'm snapping when I shoot these shots.

Not quite...that one image is actually six photos stitched together. The full-res image is 15938 x 3356.
I second what Patty said, Eric you are too much.
I always did that with scissors and scotch tape!!!
Looks like I missed a great ride. :biggrin:

Thanks, but these photos are really just a combination of camera and lens, blind luck, Photoshop processing, and cropping. Without the camera, I wouldn't have the resolution for the latter...it's not like I can see what I'm snapping when I shoot these shots.

Don't sell yourself short Eric, you've got skillz. :)

I was just going over some old photos that you took during NSXPO 2010, and you have a way of capturing amazing details even in crappy lighting. I'm looking forward to seeing your work at this year's NSXPO.

1085578710_3o8j2-XL.jpg

Don't sell yourself short Eric, you've got skillz. :)

I still credit the camera for those low light shots too.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work at this year's NSXPO.

I might not be going due to work...forgot I have deadlines coming up.

I still credit the camera for those low light shots too.

I might not be going due to work...forgot I have deadlines coming up.

Eric, you have talent in just using your camera and knowing what settings to use. It's not a given, you know?:rolleyes:

Eric, awesome pictures. I recall looking back at you holding your camera while driving up the road and thinking, "How the heck is the driving AND taking pics!?"

Came out great, keep'em coming :tongue:

Back