• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Baby NSX

I had a 1st year 2nd Gen ('83)... Silver 5-speed, 1.8, titanium heads, 100 hp (unheard of for a 4 cyl!), paid $10,247 and had to wait forever because of the silver color...man did it run!! Handle?...man! (again with the man thing...) My first new car! I just ran across my issue of Road & Track reviewing it back in '83 just the other day... Anyway, I sold my first real car and trusty '72 Mustang Sportsroof to a kid who earned the money on a paper route. Ordered the optional brake light panel. Traded her in (128k on odo) for a new '88 S-10 Blazer 4.3L. What a smile...Those were the days. I relived the same feeling the first time I test drove what would become MY NSX in March of '06. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
brings back old memories...
I learnt to drive on an 84 Prelude EX (my mother's). My first car as an 89 Prelude Si. Then I upgraded to an 89 Si 4WS. Then got a 94 Si VTEC, then a 95 Si VTEC...

No offense but I don't see how a prelude is a baby nsx. It isn't mid-engined didn't look anything like the NSX. If we were really going to classify a baby NSX I would call the Toyota MR2 as the "baby" NSX. It doesn't have to be made by Honda to be related. As a sidenote I have never owned either the MR2 or Prelude.

No offense but I don't see how a prelude is a baby nsx. It isn't mid-engined didn't look anything like the NSX. If we were really going to classify a baby NSX I would call the Toyota MR2 as the "baby" NSX. It doesn't have to be made by Honda to be related. As a sidenote I have never owned either the MR2 or Prelude.
not my choice of words. its how it was marketed. look at any article on it from back in the day. that's where i got it from

interior_left.jpg

Wow, that's super clean! I've got a '97 myself. I love it. It's needing new suspension though and has a surging problem that I can't figure out. Neither have the past 4 mechanics I've taken it to. :frown:

Although not remotely close in performance, neither in finish or materials etc etc, the 88-91 CAN BE CALLED a "baby" NSX, this only applies to the 88-91 Prelude, not all years, all b/c they come from the same manufacturer -therefore they are related- ...

Liked or not the Prelude HAS some design elements that are cool and THEY DO REMIND the NSX, but hey, those 88-91 Preludes came Before the NSX ...

My FIRST car was an 89 Prelude, JUST b/c remind me my dream car, NSX, and something else, in 1988, if you saw a BRAND NEW Prelude rolling, you'd be amazed how nice looked, too bad was fwd and slow, and come on, it was the 80's!!!

red.jpg

Honda_Prelude_1988-92_30.jpg

3876709058_c618663a2b_b.jpg

3440405292_f3e2bdd1d8_b.jpg

170_42_foto361.jpg

Although not remotely close in performance, neither in finish or materials etc etc, the 88-91 CAN BE CALLED a "baby" NSX, this only applies to the 88-91 Prelude, not all years, all b/c they come from the same manufacturer -therefore they are related- ...

Liked or not the Prelude HAS some design elements that are cool and THEY DO REMIND the NSX, but hey, those 88-91 Preludes came Before the NSX ...

Now I get it! I heard it many times before but didn't understand why this model was considered a "baby NSX". I always thought the Integra was the closest thing to driving an NSX.

My wife had red 85 5speed......she loved that damn thing....even with wind up windows.......It was like a street legal gocart.....fun car...:biggrin:

Great looking car! The first new car I ever bought was a '85 Red Prelude 2.0 Si 5 speed. I loved that car and especially the great snick/snick shifting of the manual transmission. To this day I smile every time I think of it. :cool:

Back