• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BAD neighbor

Wow, congratulations on the win Kathy!

I've been reading without adding any comment.

When you're out of that neighborhood, make sure you do rub it in his face!!! You just have to:biggrin:

I am so happy for u... We are going through some craziness in my HOA now.. Search Palm Beach Plantation on YouTube.. One of the homeowners is so sick of the hoa he makes videos about it lol

But I too am now looking to live in a non-HOA community.. Sick of it!

They just sent an email out saying you need explicit permission on paper to park at a neighbors house or will be at risk for a tow. We park one of our cars in our neighbors house across the street because he is only there a few weeks a year. So, he has actually encouraged us to use his driveway. Our neighbor has provided a letter that we provided to the hoa. I am still worried that they may tow it anyways. At least we have done what they asked!

Bzyrice - I'll check out those videos - because I'M MOVING, I packed my speakers and can't hear them. I'll try on my tablet. Just really wanted to say - that I bought a house in another neighborhood on about 2-1/2 acres!! We close on Monday and move the next weekend. Then I list this house and tell everyone how wonderful it is, so they should buy it! The neighbors that I like are crushed that I'm leaving. They said - who will fight for us now? Well, do it yourself!! I'm tired of it, all. This place is run like a prison; the crappy cable company they brought in about 18 months ago; Litestream SUCKS! The internet is extremely slow - 3 mbps, that's it! Unless you pay to upgrade it. The cable pixilates constantly, when it works. I currently have 3 TVs that aren't working because of the equipment they've attached. The internet went out again last night which takes the phones with it. And their repairman, he doesn't work evenings, weekends, or holidays! So I was really surprised when the internet went out at 4pm last night that he actually came out and fixed it - probably because it was out in the entire community, but it was late on a Friday. Most people that have issues on Fridays, don't get the technician until the middle of the next week. This is just one of the main reasons I'm leaving, the other being the idiots that live/run this place! Can't wait to mow my own grass!!! One more week.......

Bzyrice - I'll check out those videos - because I'M MOVING, I packed my speakers and can't hear them. I'll try on my tablet. Just really wanted to say - that I bought a house in another neighborhood on about 2-1/2 acres!! We close on Monday and move the next weekend. Then I list this house and tell everyone how wonderful it is, so they should buy it! The neighbors that I like are crushed that I'm leaving. They said - who will fight for us now? Well, do it yourself!! I'm tired of it, all. This place is run like a prison; the crappy cable company they brought in about 18 months ago; Litestream SUCKS! The internet is extremely slow - 3 mbps, that's it! Unless you pay to upgrade it. The cable pixilates constantly, when it works. I currently have 3 TVs that aren't working because of the equipment they've attached. The internet went out again last night which takes the phones with it. And their repairman, he doesn't work evenings, weekends, or holidays! So I was really surprised when the internet went out at 4pm last night that he actually came out and fixed it - probably because it was out in the entire community, but it was late on a Friday. Most people that have issues on Fridays, don't get the technician until the middle of the next week. This is just one of the main reasons I'm leaving, the other being the idiots that live/run this place! Can't wait to mow my own grass!!! One more week.......

Congratulations. I live in an area with 1 acre sites and love it. When built it was outside of Sarasota but now feels much more in town since it's a whopping 8 min from the center. We do have a HOA but the covenants are practically non-existent - for instance I can only have 2 horses (non gasoline powered).

What a sad and frustrating situation. I'm glad it's finally over for you.

Not all HOAs are so awful. I'm thankful I live in a more laid back HOA, where there are many fellow car enthusiasts. Just last week I had to park in my neighbor's driveway, as my garage was being worked on. No incidents (other than unnecessary sun exposure) occurred.

2014-05-16.jpg

^^^^^^^ LOL, From this pic I can see at least two violations of our HOA covenants:eek:
Oh yeah? What might those be? :D

We do have some vehicle friendly communities in AZ. I was just looking at a builder that is building tract home communities with attached RV garages, for anywhere between $200-400k. The one I looked at could park 5 NSXs (more if you install lifts). :eek:

Courtland02.jpg

Courtland01.jpg

Last edited:
Good end

Well, I want to thank everyone for your support during this past 16 months. These 2 have been a major thorn in mine, as well as everyone's side and I'm really, REALLY glad I was able, or the ONE to put them into their place. When it came down to him signing the agreement, he asked that there be a confidentiality clause put in - probably so I didn't tell everyone. Well too bad. In that case, we'll go to court for the hearing and let the judge be the one to make the settlement. He quickly changed his mind and signed the papers. I now make it a point to tell everyone. Actually if I could afford to blow up the check to put it in my front yard, I would! What a miserable experience he has made my life here. Hopefully next posts - will be more pleasant! :biggrin:

Glad to hear that,
this story really confused me a lot and I am glad that everything ends just perfectly

Oh yeah? What might those be? :D

We do have some vehicle friendly communities in AZ. I was just looking at a builder that is building tract home communities with attached RV garages, for anywhere between $200-400k. The one I looked at could park 5 NSXs (more if you install lifts). :eek:

Courtland02.jpg

Courtland01.jpg

I was scrolling from the bottom up, so I saw the pics first. I was like "wtf, how the hell do you get your cars into the garage w/ a non sliding gate like that" then I saw that it was model homes & it made complete sense lol.

Back