• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BaschBoost update, from MB

Originally posted by 4g62bt2c30a:
ooooooooo..... NICE CAR!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yikes, Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the Forum.
(sorry Lud, I TRY to be constructive, really I do) (<G>)

MARK ABRAHAM BASCH

Originally posted by NSXTech:
Yikes, Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the Forum.
(sorry Lud, I TRY to be constructive, really I do) (<G>)

MARK ABRAHAM BASCH

ummmmm OK..... Thanks for the imput coach!!!
(Sorry Lud, They just don't wan't to let it go..)
biggrin.gif

Dearest Ephemeral 4g62bt2c30a:

Please explain why you removed all your posts in which you test the reputation of Mark Basch. We'd appreciate your "imput" now that we know what you drive and where you live.
http://www.dvsracingcrew.com:81/images/blacknsx/index.htm

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Originally posted by NSXY:
Dearest Ephemeral 4g62bt2c30a:

Please explain why you removed all your posts in which you test the reputation of Mark Basch. We'd appreciate your "imput" now that we know what you drive and where you live.
http://www.dvsracingcrew.com:81/images/blacknsx/index.htm

First: I was asked to remove my posts.
Second: I live @ 29 hubble, Irvine CA, 92688
Stop by, send a letter or email me @ [email protected]...
Third: The reason for my post was not to test the reputation of anyone. I have question about there product. After being dissmised by mark j I was upset. I agree I allowed this to get out of control. Like I said before, There were claims made before that did not register as realistic for me. Combine this with some comments that I took to be, well... lets just say unhelpful ,I reacted the way that I did. I am sorry If anyone truly got upset.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sjs:
I saw at least one post which seemed to speculate that perhaps Corky Bell or someone affiliated with him was responsible for the 4g62bt2c30a posts. That is not his style, and I take offense on his behalf to any such suggestion. It amounts to stooping to 4g62bt2c30a's level.

Just thought that needed to be said.

Fair enough... I retract my original comment, left un-edited and un-deleted for your reading.

I was not referring to the esteemed Mr. Bell directly, but some other forced-induction wannabe -- you know who you are.

We've had too much "competitive vendor bashing" on the other discussion lists... really no place for it here.

All I know or care about right now is that Im on the list for one of the 3.2 BB chargers.This is a beautiful place to be in my life right now.Now I just need to find the patience for the beta testing to be over so Mark B can fly out here to Fl. and hook me up.
biggrin.gif

JOe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

4g62bt2c30a wrote:
"Like I said before, There were claims made before that did not register as realistic for me."

And I respond:
If I am not mistaken, all claims have been documented by DynoJet dyno plots, in some cases before and after the SC installation. What more do you want?!?!?!? Are you suggesting that the dyno data has been altered?

Bryan Zublin

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

hrm... I took a look at the sos dyno graphs and something interesting caught my eye. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/news/pahrump_111501/dyno_plot.jpg

I'm assuming that the top part..the high line is HP and lower line is torque. First by looking at the printout, it doesn't look to be have done on a 'dynojet' dyno. I dont know for sure, but I've never seen a graph printed like that from one. Also, according to all power calculations, the HP and Torque MUST intersect at 5252RPM. This is the only dyno I've seen that they do NOT. I've looked it over several times to verify I'm not crazy. Did I miss something??? Can someone explain? Thanks.

The 5250rpm crossover for the dyno chart grph is only if HP and torque are measured on the same scale. If you look close you will see HP and torque are both about 245 at 5250rpm.

oops you're right, I was looking so hard to make sure I wasn't looking wrong I didn't notice the scale is different on each side! That's not very nice to show 2 lines from different runs on the same plot.

Originally posted by true:
oops you're right, I was looking so hard to make sure I wasn't looking wrong I didn't notice the scale is different on each side! That's not very nice to show 2 lines from different runs on the same plot.

Look one more time. Same run, just different scales (left vs right) for HP and torque respectively.

Here's an example of how the chart should be plotted (with equal scales on both sides).

http://www.c5frc.com/graphics/z06dyno6.jpg

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 20 November 2001).]

***it's impossible I quote "IMPOSSIBLE" ***

Not really. If 1+1 can equal 3 (and it can),
Basch can get 380rwhp out of that motor under those conditions. It's not nearly impossible. Watching a PJs marathon is impossible. Driving to work in less than 30 minutes through LA traffic is impossible.

It seems impossible because you have not considered proprietary variables that we are not privy to. Yes, without any fuel management, you can not produce that power with stock injectors. I am sure Mark uses some kind of small computer to regulate the fuel delivery from the stock injectors. Somehow, they produce more fuel than they are programmed to do (open longer/different intervals???) with the stock ECU.
Maybe in time, he'll reveal the secret to generating that power w/ stock injectors and pump.

He is a respected vendor, not a stooge.
People keep doubting dyno graphs from established members as if they are trying to fool someone.
These people know that they will be held accountable for claimed HP figures.
Many who buy the kit will dyno their car. If 30 people are all missing 40rwhp, they all know where he works.
biggrin.gif

Don't forget what happened to SVT and the Cobras.

I expect all the kits (SC and turbo) to put out exactly the power that is claimed. The vendors are honest enthusiasts and we should treat them as such. There are many ways to ask the same question. If we did so in a more constructive manner and use some tact, the vendors themselves would reply more often and give the information we ask for.

Originally posted by primetime_vtec:
...do the math newbie.
...just because you post a lot doesent mean you know anything about what you are posting sounds like you both are newbies

----------
I love NSX newbies who have a lot of posts and know nothing about their cars and don't DIY and have no clue what they are talking about when they post

[This message has been edited by primetime_vtec (edited 28 November 2001).]

Primetime, are you for real? Or are you just trying to cause trouble? You are obviously the newbie, and unfortunately you resemble someone else who recently got their kicks out of starting arguements with blasphemy.

If you would enjoy participating in this forum then try to show some respect to those people who have been a part of it for a long time (present company not included). Disagreeing with them is not the problem, neither are your questions and concerns. But rather the manner in which you portray them.

OK, Primetime VTEC, #1 I would highly suggest you do NOT insult anyone here at any time unless you have substantial evidence that they are completely and uttery wrong at what they are saying. #2 Nsxtacy is a bit harsh with his words occassionaly but is a respected member here, and I would suggest you refrain from insulting him.

If you took the 3 seconds to go to Chris Willson's wesbite at www.scienceofspeed.com you would know that Chris' NSX is NOT stock. It has a few power incerasing mods that *may* enable it to generate more power than you believe. I understand your concern is with the Fuel Management. Read the previous 2 pages of this topic and find where Mark Basch explains HOW his setup produces the necessary fuel for his Supercharger. I believe he is testing several NON-STOCK Fuel managment setups to find the best one.

And lastly, what are you trying to accomplish? So far the only posts of yours I have seen are posts trying to refute someone else's information. We're all here for fun and sharing of information, so "Can" the 13 year old attitude and be an adult. Heck if I can at 21 years of age act in a dignified manner I CERTAINLY hope you can.

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 28 November 2001).]

Originally posted by ilya:
***it's impossible I quote "IMPOSSIBLE" ***

Not really. If 1+1 can equal 3 (and it can),
Basch can get 380rwhp out of that motor under those conditions. It's not nearly impossible. Watching a PJs marathon is impossible. Driving to work in less than 30 minutes through LA traffic is impossible.

It seems impossible because you have not considered proprietary variables that we are not privy to. Yes, without any fuel management, you can not produce that power with stock injectors. I am sure Mark uses some kind of small computer to regulate the fuel delivery from the stock injectors. Somehow, they produce more fuel than they are programmed to do (open longer/different intervals???) with the stock ECU.
Maybe in time, he'll reveal the secret to generating that power w/ stock injectors and pump.

He is a respected vendor, not a stooge.
People keep doubting dyno graphs from established members as if they are trying to fool someone.
These people know that they will be held accountable for claimed HP figures.
Many who buy the kit will dyno their car. If 30 people are all missing 40rwhp, they all know where he works.
biggrin.gif

Don't forget what happened to SVT and the Cobras.

I expect all the kits (SC and turbo) to put out exactly the power that is claimed. The vendors are honest enthusiasts and we should treat them as such. There are many ways to ask the same question. If we did so in a more constructive manner and use some tact, the vendors themselves would reply more often and give the information we ask for.

Ilya,

Your point is well taken.There is one thing that needs to be corrected. The statement about fuel management is not true. When a injector is at 100% that is all it has. As the engine makes combustion in a fashion at which rpm is increased the injector has less and less time to open and close. A factory injector is rated at 240 cc at 42.psi and is good for 45.744 hp per unit x6= 274.464 hp(flywheel) There are 2 ways to increase this. Bigger rating or more pressure. At 92 psi the injector flows 355.20616 cc at .50 bsfc thats 67.702294 hp x6 is 406.21376 flywheel hp. The problem with your statement is that holding the injector open longer will not change the fact that you can only flow so much full through the opening if the injector in a engine cycle. Now if I started with a 355 cc injector it would be a different story, then you have tuneability with ms time, fuel pressure, timming etc...because it is always eaiser to tune down than up. proprietary variables dont come into play here because you cant tune if your hardware on on the verge of failure. I think will be seeing some changes in the set up in the futere. Until then....

Cheers,
Corey

There is one incorrect assumption there. I was already told that the stock injectors were in fact, NOT being utilized to their full potential in the NSX, which is why further tuning and a custom unit by Mark takes advantage of the untapped potential. I am not a tech and don't know the details of what is done. I do know that a custom computer which controls the injectors is exactly what allows for different fuel management from the stock injectors and what keeps the engine from running lean.

There is one incorrect assumption there. I was already told that the stock injectors were in fact, NOT being utilized to their full potential in the NSX, which is why further tuning and a custom unit by Mark takes advantage of the untapped potential. I am not a tech and don't know the details of what is done. I do know that a custom computer which controls the injectors is exactly what allows for different fuel management from the stock injectors and what keeps the engine from running lean.

Originally posted by ilya:

I have just noticed in the deletion on the posts how one sided this topic has become. I would like to hear from the the people who are also involved.Grouppe M ,Comtech, NSX Modified.....Where are you ????????? In you HUGE experience with these cars what do you think of this topic? Was the wheel re-invented????? or not....Please clarify....Is it all possible.... How did you miss all that horsepower??????

Cheers,
Corey

Back