• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Baseline Dyno pre-BBSC Install

Sig

Experienced Member
My car is on the rack as we speak to get the BBSC in. My dyno for baseline was performed on my bone stock 91 first.

Conditions:
HOT! Intake temp was 94 degrees, dew point in the mid sixties and solid humidity = Very wet air.

Now fans or airflow either , so the air was dead still, hot + humid. These conditions will actually get worse tomorrow for the follow-up. It will still be humid , but even hotter... upper 90's.

Back to the point,
I pulled 186 peak torque and 235.8 peak hp. I figure with the no mods and the exteme temp/humidity, & no air flow that these numbers were not bad.

I am planning on getting the plot I have for that pull super-imposed with the next pull with the SC tomorrow. By the way the pull was done in 4th with standard 5sp. gear box.

Jason

Can't wait to see the results. Thanks in advance for posting them. Will yours have the final, final, final software?

Are these numbers not corrected for temp/humidity? Judging by how low the numbers are, I'm going to guess that they are uncorrected. If the car is redynoed in vastly different conditions, your uncorrected numbers will be very different.

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed

www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

We just finished up for the day. I will have to check on the numbers to see if they are corrected or not.

Just a quick note, there was another car dynoed with the bbsc/latest software. It is not completely tuned yet, probably 95%, but let's just say that many of the doubters will have less to say after we post the plots. The plots will go up after we have time to scan them in. There are 25 of us getting together for a 8pm dinner, so perhaps the scanned jpeg will be ready after dinner.
His setup on his 92: comptech headers, no cats, taitec exhaust. Extremely loud on the dyno, my ears are still ringing.
Much more to come tomorrow.

Chris,
Myself and Jason Weaver drove back with MB + Nick. Mark said that we would send you the plots via email. As a question to your statement, at 10% drivetrain loss on 270hp stock, that 243. 235 seems fairly normal given the extreme conditions and zero air flow?

Chris-

We just called the shop to ask about the numbers for correction/uncorrected.
The numbers are SAE corrected or something like that.
PS, I think the plot for Romeo's pull will be ready tonight.

Back