• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Battery Charger

Ah, winter. Time to put the NSX to sleep and think about keeping the battery fresh!

I recently bought an Optimate III SP motorcycle battery charger (see here) with which I charge my cars' and motorcycles' batteries. From the research I did, it seems like the slower a battery gets charged, the easier it is on the battery and the longer the battery will last. A motorcycle battery charger that only delivers a small current during primary charging may take days to charge a car battery (which is why it is not usually recommended for this use) but if you have the time, it's better for the battery.

In addition, automatic switching between various modes such as "charge", "maintain", "recover", etc. is good.

The battery chargers you linked to look like good units. Honda motorcycle dealers here in Austria sell Optimate III SP battery chargers with a Honda logo on them, so that's a nice little touch, but I'm not sure they're really any better than the chargers you found.

I just put my NSX away for the winter. I ran some wires to the battery and left the plug behind the bumper for easy access with the cover on. I use one of these chargers and it seems to work just fine: Model: SEM-1562A

SEM-1562A.jpg

Last edited:
I have a odyssey battery, it's very small and will lost power if i let the car sit for 4 days, I just bought the 3600 series battery charger, i like it alot.

Back