• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendations for a good quality trickle charger for off season storage

Thanks for the charger/maintainer recommendations, but I already have the charger.

My question was about a solution for magnetic connection that doesn't require drilling a hole in my bumper. (In case I drive away without remembering to disconnect it.) Should I start a separate thread on this?

Thanks for the charger/maintainer recommendations, but I already have the charger.

My question was about a solution for magnetic connection that doesn't require drilling a hole in my bumper. (In case I drive away without remembering to disconnect it.) Should I start a separate thread on this?

There were people that 3D printed a license plate holder for the magnetic connector I linked in my previous post. After install, it almost looks like a backup camera. This was a good solution on my Lotus because the battery was in the trunk and located right behind a taillight, so easy to run the cables without drilling any holes in the car. See picture. I think you can find the file on Thingiverse.

I have not found a good mounting solution on the NSX for the front battery. I was going to modify the license plate holder to just screw it somewhere behind the front grill, but I never got around to it and have since installed an AntiGravity lithium-ion battery with ReStart feature, hence I don't really need the trickle charger on that car anymore.

Battery Tender Mag Connector 3.JPG
Battery Tender Mag Connector 4.JPG

Back