• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Battery mount

You have a lightweight battery. I run the same but there were special holders for that one.

Recently one came up for sale. It’s an old Dali odyssey mount.

I would honestly keep that battery. Saving weight is always better than not saving weight. Just get the correct mount.

Go here:

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-...ectrical-exhaust-heater-fuel-cat/battery-scat

Parts diagram for a 2000 which includes the Zanardi battery mount. Change to the model year for your specific car. What you need should be easy to figure out from the diagram. As a suggestion, if you are going to ask for future assistance, specify the model year and details. The NSX did change from year to year.

Thanks for the link! I have 1999 NSX-T

You have a lightweight battery. I run the same but there were special holders for that one.

Recently one came up for sale. It’s an old Dali odyssey mount.

I would honestly keep that battery. Saving weight is always better than not saving weight. Just get the correct mount.

My only concern is that at times I won't drive the car for up to a month and I don't want to deal with having to jump the car.

Thanks for the link! I have 1999 NSX-T

My only concern is that at times I won't drive the car for up to a month and I don't want to deal with having to jump the car.

Yes that’s a very valid concern. If you have a viper alarm system it’ll be drained in less then a week. However I recommend a battery tender jr. for that. I typically like to keep mine on.

Another option is to undo the battery terminal for long periods of time. More of a hassle but my front compartment is clear so easy to reach.

It depends on what you ultimately want but yes I agree your concern is valid but there’s ways around that.

A month of being parked without use might even be pushing it on the stock battery, particularly if you have the additional parasitic load of the OEM keyless system or any other aftermarket keyless / security system. A month parked with a high end new battery might be fine. A month parked with a bargain bin battery and trying to start on a cold day - who knows. If you do this regularly you might want to consider an isolation switch on the battery negative terminal - or plan for a battery tender.

Honestly - your whole setup looks pretty sketch. Personally I'd ditch that battery and the zip ties and get yourself a new Group 35 battery with at least 550 CCA and the proper mounting hardware. Unless you race or track the car the weight difference between what you have and a new Group 35 will not be noticed.

Here is your parts list:
(2) 31513-SL4-000 Bolt (rod)
(1) 31512-SL0-010 Hold down bracket
(2) 94050-06080 Nut
(1) 31512-SL0-000 Battery box

You should also get a Battery Tender. I use this one - works great.

View attachment 153688

Also - if you do have to jump your car be sure and use the battery connections in the engine compartment.

View attachment 153689

Last edited:
CTEK is fancier, but if you just need a tender than the Battery Tender Jr is only $25 and works great.

Yes the CTEK is $49 vs $25 for Battery Tender and after used both the CTEK which is new school vs old school, IE it does not get hot/warm like my Battery Tender did.

I am a big Deltran battery tender fan. The jr has a 5 year warranty and the bigger one (1.25A) has a 10 year warranty. I have had 1 or 2 jr quit on me. They are designed to keep a charge, if they have to bring a battery up to charge, it will overwork them. I have my nsx (and a lot of other things) hardwired for the battery tender. I have been using them for about 20 years. Good company.

you are missing the metal rods that screw down on a normal size battery.Did your 99 come with the t-roof plugs? do your rear trunk hinges have the rubber grommets?

you are missing the metal rods that screw down on a normal size battery.Did your 99 come with the t-roof plugs? do your rear trunk hinges have the rubber grommets?

Yeah, I ordered two new screw down rods and nuts. The P.O. did give me the metal hold down strap.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what the Targa plugs are, could you provide more info.

What trunk hinge gromets? Do you have pic?

I know I'm also missing a little strap/hook thing to hold the Targa cover up, will need to find that as well.

You need this:

58c2a9285209b87e51a8d80ca75966b2.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up the T roof plugs for my 2000 because they were missing when I bought the car. I think I tried them out once when I had the roof off on the highway. Perhaps they make some difference under the right set of circumstances; however, I wasn't able to ascertain a difference in noise level or any particular absence of a whistle / howl. I haven't bothered with them in the last 6 years and they remain in my glovebox - I think. Perhaps they have gone missing - again.

Reviving this thread to show-off a little bit. :)

New mounting hardware for the Odyssey 680. Great engineering and superb quality. Rock-solid now (even in a fatal crash). Will change the routing of the wires a little bit...

20190827_155035.jpg

Back