• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lisen MagSafe Phone Mount Adapter

wam

I had this Lisen phone mount laying around and wanted to use the small tray (coin tray?) below the shifter for something....
The design is for a friction fit. Might need to add some tape as a shim or additional width if it's not tight enough for spirited driving.

I used this Lisen mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09YRJR3FP
Need to remove the pins holding the feet on, slot the legs through the gaps in the adapter, then re-pin the feet.

It's not perfect... the phone kind of prevents me from resting my arm on the armrest, but it still works well enough, and you can throw it in the glove box when you don't need it!

============================

Part Number replacement: N/A

Link to project files (STL): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6525237

Attachments

• IMG_3556.jpeg
    IMG_3556.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3559.jpeg
    IMG_3559.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 9
Nice to see other folks contributing designs. I had my phone in a similar spot for a while, but noticed the same problem with the arm rest that you did, and that my forearm sometimes butt-dialed when I was shifting, so I went back to the virtual grill in the ash tray.

Nice to see other folks contributing designs. I had my phone in a similar spot for a while, but noticed the same problem with the arm rest that you did, and that my forearm sometimes butt-dialed when I was shifting, so I went back to the virtual grill in the ash tray.
I realized that the mount I had also came with an vent attachment piece. Once I dug that out, I printed your design and I already like it better haha. My phone narrowly clears the shifter in 5th gear, but seems like it will work well. Honestly this project was mostly an excuse to finally learn how to use Blender, since I got my first 3D printer a few months ago. :) Hope to use it on many more NSX projects in the future.

Back