• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Battle of the Supercharged NSXs videos

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
The Battle of the Supercharged NSXs was a track day a couple months ago where a bunch of Comptech and Gruppe M supercharged NSXs were all running together. This test segment is in-car video of Mark Johnson's car.

Team Comptech
-----------------
Mark "Upped Boost" Basch
Enrique "The Panamanian Pursuer" Thompson
Bill "Cruise Missile" Zachar
Kelly "Blue Streak" Anderson
Mitch "Shock Wave" Dolezal

Team Gruppe M
-----------------
Greg "Speed from San Diego" Hardee
Mark "See you in my mirrors" Johnson
Alex "Light Speed" Vizcarra
Dave "Track Rat" Rastocky

This madness was all video taped and the ever helpful Mark Basch sent me a copy of the video. It has 10 twenty-minute (give or take) track sessions, mostly in-car video plus a couple spectator segments plus some walking-around-the-paddock footage.

This test one is about 23 megs which I think is pretty good considering the quality is not much worse than the VHS copy I started with and the sound is decent too. If you are using a modem or otherwise on less than a 256k connection you will need to save it to your hard drive and THEN view it. Let me know how this works for everyone and if it's OK I'll convert the others to this same format. Click here to check it out!

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 26 April 2001).]

Lud,

I get audio, but no video. I'm using RealPlayer and I've tried running it on the browser and by downloading and neither works. I have a T1 connection to the internet so speed is not an issue.

Dave.

What version of RealPlayer? If it's not a pretty recent version, try upgrading...?

Whats that whistling sound in the cabin during acceleration??

And also, why arent the NSX's smoking all the other cars out there since they're supercharged? Or are they all supercharged?

-E

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 07 May 2001).]

Originally posted by Electro:

And also, why arent the NSX's smoking all the other cars out there since they're supercharged? Or are they all supercharged?

Road course is mainly depends on driver skill. Supercharge definitely help, more to an advance driver than regular driver. The more power the car have, the harder to handle.

footage played OK, and field seemed to be a pretty broad range.

There was a fast car (red with white stripes -- Viper?), but it wasn't clear which NSXs were faster.

What were the results of the test ??

Looked great to me, bring on the others!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsx1164:
What were the results of the test ??

A bunch of guys had a lot of fun!

Anyone who has driven road course knows that a few HP difference one way or the other is just about the smallest part of the equation.

I know that the "fun" objectives were met, and in truth roadcourses expose the total package, raw hp/torque being arguably a less significant determinant, compared to driver skill, knowledge of the track, brakes & tires, suspension setup, total package weight, etc

Did they get to swap cars and try each others' gear out, to form more "comparison" (albeit still subjective) type info?

------------------
Manuel C
93 NSX S/B #394
93 300CE
93 NH750

Back