• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBQ in a park ?

It seems that there has been a lot of night/coffee get togethers......Is anyone up for having a BBQ at some park (During the day !!!) in the L.A./O.C. area ? Any suggestions concerning a possible location (Good, safe parking is a must !) or date ?........I'll take the responsibility of securing the location....I would like it to be on a Sunday if possible.......

Sunday April 29th ???????????????????????????
C'mon people !!! Let's get a show of hands so I can start looking for a park to reserve for us.........

How about April 22nd. Does it have to be April 29th?

No, it doesn't have to be the 29th, however, I do have a commitment to keep every other weekend, so here's my list of proposed dates :
April 15, 29 (as originally suggested) , May 13

Mike,

Can we do it on April 15th or May 13th?

April 29th happen to be conflict with another big meet already planned:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455

It also happen to be on near Golden Week. This is selfish however, I honestly can't make it during that time. Have to be in Japan for business. I missed last year's bbq meet due to same reason. Same date.

I've been getting more feedback, and it looks like May 13th might be better (as opposed to April 15)........just keep the suggestions coming.........

I am in Mike let us know........theres a lot of nice parks out there.

I'm getting hungry already, set a date so I can try to keep it free on my calender, but I do not know how good that is anymore.

Is it ok if we invite the S2000 guys and or maybe guys from Acurazine? Let me know and I will post it.

Is it ok if we invite the S2000 guys and or maybe guys from Acurazine? Let me know and I will post it.

Hi Ed,
First I need to establish an agreed upon date.........In regards to inviting other non NSX people, I'm not against the idea, but I just want to be sure that NSX/Prime members enjoy some kind of priority when it comes to parking for the event. I've been researching several parks........Vehicle parking safety is my number one concern, so I doubt I'll be looking for some massive park that becomes a madhouse during the weekends.......

Mike, One location I'll throw at you is O'Neill Park in Trabuco Canyon. I run the shopping center accross the street from the park where the post office is and that would provide lots of secure parking. Also Live Oak Canyon Road is a blast to drive :biggrin:

Hi Ed,
First I need to establish an agreed upon date.........In regards to inviting other non NSX people, I'm not against the idea, but I just want to be sure that NSX/Prime members enjoy some kind of priority when it comes to parking for the event. I've been researching several parks........Vehicle parking safety is my number one concern, so I doubt I'll be looking for some massive park that becomes a madhouse during the weekends.......

No problem bud just let me know thats all....if its just us I am fine with that too.

What's up with the avatar?

I saw it from Major Stoner and thought it was funny....so I use it as my avatar.....that is mr. hanky from South Park. But I might end up changing it....

Well now I just did....

It has been pointed out to me that May 13th is Mother's Day (!?!?). Obviously this is not a good day to have a park meet .........I'm still commited to organizing this, so please state your preferences for the following dates.........April 15th or May 26th ? Let me know and I'll make it happen !

O.K. Unless there's a major disaster, it's on for May 26, 2007. If you can't make it, it's your loss !!! Park location to be determined.........You can start signing up for food now !!! First off, I will provide the BBQ hardware and charcol.....I'll also prepare my famous Greek salad. Jagtiger, if I recall, you brought some awesome BBQ to the Torrance meet. Can you make it happen again ? If you're Korean and you want to get on my good side, bring Bulkogi, Kaibe, or Pan -chan type stuff......Jason and John (Scorp), please don't bring any cops.

O.K. Unless there's a major disaster, it's on for May 26, 2007. If you can't make it, it's your loss !!! Park location to be determined.........You can start signing up for food now !!! First off, I will provide the BBQ hardware and charcol.....I'll also prepare my famous Greek salad. Jagtiger, if I recall, you brought some awesome BBQ to the Torrance meet. Can you make it happen again ? If you're Korean and you want to get on my good side, bring Bulkogi, Kaibe, or Pan -chan type stuff......Jason and John (Scorp), please don't bring any cops.

I'm gonna try and make it. Mike you need a pan to cook Bulgogi, but you can cook the Kalbe on the bbq no problem. :wink:

Back