• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC Cold Air Kit a la Home Depot

'Kpond,
You say that you bought that stuff from Home Depot. I searched in vain at all 4 locations in my home town (JAX, FL) and couldn't find it. I finally asked about where I could find that 3" 90% elbow and was told that Home Depot DOESN'T carry it. What gives?

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
Per my recent conversation with Mark Basch, the cold air intake system that he is currently developing will be provided to all BBSC owners at no additional charge, FYI.
And once again Mark B. saves the day!
Hip Hip Hoora!!
Since I've seen this post I've been trying to think of a way to dupe or imptrove on that idea ....PS....Its 100-115 degrees until recently in AZ
MYNSX in AZ

92NSX,

Assuming you are looking in the right place (in our HD's this stuff is usually where the 10' 1-4" black ABS drain pipes are), I can only assume that your local building codes are different than ours... and maybe they just aren't used. Around here you can find this stuff at HD, Lowe's, Do-It Center, and OSH!

If you can't find, private me and maybe I can help you. One way or the other - do it. Last night we were doing some testing and when we pulled back into the garage and opened the engine cover there was obviously a lot of heat. I reached down and touched to HD Intake and it was actually cool! Outside (ambient air temp was mid 60's).

Paxton unit itself was too hot to touch more than a fraction of a second.

Kpond,
You might be right about the building code thing. I never really thought about that. I will try Lowes tomorrow and see what I can find there. I'll post and let you know. If worse comes to worse I can send you $$ and you can buy for me and ship it. Does that sound feasible?
As for MB developing one, does anybody has an idea of how long before we are able to get our hands on it?

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I was able to find all the items needed for this project at Lowes.
Mad props to them for helping me.
My home town HD stated they didn't even carry 3" 90% elbows.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back