• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC Problems

I didnt want to have to go here as Ive tried to call Jane Basch and Mark about some problems Ive been having with my 97 NSX.I keep getting told that Id be called back and havent.Im hearing about all these success stories with everyones 3.0 but feel Im being ignored.As you know my car is equipped with the 3.2 and there were some problems with the software.I was told they(programmers for the split second software) were working on completing the new software and I would have it the following week to my install.That was a month ago!I havent gotten a call saying it would be delayed and when I call Im always told Ill be called back to no avail.I cannot drive my car hard as the computer shuts it down,It then switches to default mode and runs like crap.When I take it to red line in 3rd it shuts down.I cannot release the clutch without it stalling and I know from my seat of the pants dyno that Im not putting out anywhere near 380-400 rwhp.I figured that since they were working on the software that I might as well get the aftercooler and 9psi pulley and the associated software to save time.But alas,no returned calls.The email listed here gets returned also as Ive tried that route.I bit my tongue for awile as Mark is truly a generous man but after reading all these other stories about 3.0's I feel like because there are fewer 3.2's we are being put to the back burner.If someone here knows Mark Basch,would you please find out what is going on.Now,to all you people that are about to stand up and defend MB,please dont flame me.If you spent 6500 dollars and cannot drive your car,and cannot get your calls returned,and live across the US from Baschacura,ask yourself how you would feel?Im not bashing Basch as I see the potential is there and I know hes busy,Ive just run out of options.He needs to tie up the loose ends before moving on.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

These are teething problems to be sure. But keep in mind that you folks are getting custom tuned setups for a really cheap price. Yes, you're sort of beta testing the thing, but I'm certain mark is doing his best to keep you guys running properly. A little patience is in order and after mark gets you up and running properly I STRONGLY suggest that all you early BBSC adopters dip deeply into your wallets and send mark a bonus check since he's probably lost a ton of money on your installs.

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
The email listed here gets returned also as Ive tried that route.

Are you sending your email to '[email protected]'? Mark checks this email address personally, even when on the road.

You say that you have tried to call Jane or Mark at their shop in Phoenix. Every time I have called, Jane has answered. Who is telling you that you would get a call back? Are you sure you're calling the shop directly? It's damn sure unlike Mark to ignore a customer, but for Jane to not be responsive is unheard of!

EDR

Nsxbadboy-

The issue with your idle is probably due to the map sensor error being thrown. After this code is thrown, your injectors just dump fuel on throttle causing the stalls. Now that you have bigger injectors, the excess fuel overwhelms the motor causing the stall. If the problem persists even after resetting your ecu try resetting your ecu by pulling the clock fuse for 15 seconds or so. Sometimes OBDII can be a real pain in the arse. NSXs aren't the only cars with OBDII issues. This problem definately goes away when the software is tweeked. Good luck brother, I know it will get worked out for you. Mark will be getting back to Pheonix later this week and will probably be in a better position to get in touch with you personally.

nsxbadboy, while I sympathize with you and understand your frustration, I'm not sure this was the best approach. Your post includes many nice truths about MB and you certainly realized from the start that there would be version 1.0 problems, yet by airing this on the forum you effectively ignored all that. I'm not opposed to exposing serious recurring problems with vendors, but I just don't think this even comes close.

This is just friendly advice and I'm not trying to preach. However, I suggest that you settle down and keep your foot out of the loud pedal until Mark can fix it. If after running it hard it runs poorly due to excess fuel, then it may be doing permanent damage to your rings and cylinders that will result in blow-by. That is bad, and Mark will not be the one to blame if you persist.

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
I didnt want to have to go here as Ive tried to call Jane Basch and Mark about some problems Ive been having with my 97 NSX.I keep getting told that Id be called back and havent.Im hearing about all these success stories with everyones 3.0 but feel Im being ignored.As you know my car is equipped with the 3.2 and there were some problems with the software.I was told they(programmers for the split second software) were working on completing the new software and I would have it the following week to my install.That was a month ago!I havent gotten a call saying it would be delayed and when I call Im always told Ill be called back to no avail.I cannot drive my car hard as the computer shuts it down,It then switches to default mode and runs like crap.When I take it to red line in 3rd it shuts down.I cannot release the clutch without it stalling and I know from my seat of the pants dyno that Im not putting out anywhere near 380-400 rwhp.I figured that since they were working on the software that I might as well get the aftercooler and 9psi pulley and the associated software to save time.But alas,no returned calls.The email listed here gets returned also as Ive tried that route.I bit my tongue for awile as Mark is truly a generous man but after reading all these other stories about 3.0's I feel like because there are fewer 3.2's we are being put to the back burner.If someone here knows Mark Basch,would you please find out what is going on.Now,to all you people that are about to stand up and defend MB,please dont flame me.If you spent 6500 dollars and cannot drive your car,and cannot get your calls returned,and live across the US from Baschacura,ask yourself how you would feel?Im not bashing Basch as I see the potential is there and I know hes busy,Ive just run out of options.He needs to tie up the loose ends before moving on.

Joe

Joe, For the record, I have received not a single phone call from you. In case you lost it, (you've sure used it in the past) its 602 549 0999. If you called it, you left no messages, and I can't return those. Jane told me you called about half an hour ago, and as its 1 in the morn, I'll call tomorrow.
Sorry I have been busy doing days and days of custom tuning (for free) in NC, but will be home tomorrrow.

Mark

Just over 90 minutes for a response is pretty damn good in my book! Especially at this time of the night.

I'm certainly not one to pile on, but I watched Mark do some of the Dallas, TX installs and I know he was working all hours here in Dallas, maybe you should get a name next time someone tells you they'll call you back.

Aaron (Not a BBSC Customer)

I was told by Jane Basch herself(British accent) of the callback.Look,I understand MB is busy,I witnessed it myself,but for me to continue on this way is impossible.My most reliable transportation has turned into my least reliable transportation.I know how to reset the computer but that still doesnt fix the drivability problem.Under hard braking when you have to step on the brake and clutch at the same time,the car stalls,then you lose your power brakes.Im not mad,just a little disappointed as when Im told a week,I look forward to that week.I know this will have a happy ending because of the person MB is.I just want a solution now cause Im tired of driving the Dodge to work.
wink.gif

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

I know this will have a happy ending because of the person MB is.I just want a solution now cause Im tired of driving the Dodge to work.
wink.gif

Joe,
I agree that the end result will be a good one but in the meantime, why are you driving a Dodge to work??? With a menu like you have listed in your signature line I'd be picking something like the Supra or Viper!

[This message has been edited by TampaBayNSX-R (edited 24 July 2002).]

NSXBADBOY: Is everything fixed yet? Im curious to see some 3.2L dyno results on a working system...

Hope everything is ok....

Is anyone else having BBSC issues? Any of you 3.0L guys having issues?

If not, then it looks like MB did pretty good on his first round of installs... gratz MB.

-B

Ive been sent the newer program and have uploaded it.It is definitely better but by no means finished.This new program is very driveable,it just needs more tuning.

Joe

When will the rest of us FL BBSC boys be able to have the newer programs put in our cars. I'm very happy now but more is always better right !!!!

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Remember my car is a 3.2.I dont know to much about the status of the 3.0 program.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Back