• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Be honest, do you married guys like being married?

Thats why you should know that all good things can end one day just like anything/everything else in life. I was in Iraq for almost a year and she waited for me and wrote letters everyday. But my wife comes from a strict family(she didn't go out much) just work and school. When we were going out(just talking she could never go anywhere). When we got married I showed her all the best clubs/bars/restaurants/vacations places/etc, all the things she always wanted to see and do and in the end she realized how over rated everything is.
We both know what matters is family. She (more than I ) loves taking care of the home and our family. She doesn't still have the dream that one day she will be somewhere better, she loves where she is now. I also love where I am now but I am more like your friends ex-wife never satisfied (naturally) and always looking for things I don't need.
Your friends wife was going to leave him regardless. She probably was cheating for a while on him as well.
People don't change, if they are the type to do those sorts of things before you met her, she will sooner or later do it again. You might never know about it, but you know your wife better than anyone and you should know what she/her character is capable of. You should know how she really is and if she always wanting more than sooner or later you won't be enough.
Also, If they weren't so rich she would had her fun and came home 6 weeks later like nothing happened. But she knew she had an OPTION to leave as they were rich. Finding a good marriage patner is like finding a really good friend. Not many out there, the ones that are out there been screwed over by so many others they don't even know how to do it the right way with you without feeling like they are screwing over thierselves again. I think lot of luck is involved finding the right person, as you have to be in the right place and right time to meet the other person and who is also in the same place in life/and looking for the same things as you are.
Nothing in life is permenant, enjoy it all while you can....

hmm i have a friend, happily married for 18 yrs. Very wealthy.. he worked his ass off, she raised the kids, high school sweethearts.

They owned a place in florida where they'd go for the summers. Last summer he couldn't make it due to business (the same business he has killed himself in for the past 15 years to make them millionaires).

She met a bird handler while waiting the 6 weeks it was taking him to tie up loose ends. She fell for the guy, dumped her husband. She got about $4,000,000 plus 6 years of alimony at $150k/yr for his efforts at creating a business from nothing. Plus she still gets to bang the guy while the kids live with her in their old house.

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.
wife bangs other guy and takes half.

marriage is a waste. All these happily married guys.. i'm sure they are just as happy as my friend was before his spouse (without meaning to) fell for another guy.

Ohh gawd.... There was a banner ad just now saying "Meet Married Women Now" :eek::eek:

(wish I knew how to copy the picture...print screen or something like that?)

Too funny, but too wrong... :cool:

got it...

attachment.php

unreal... Anyone think "Audrey" on the left is really 38? Looks 28 to me, and a little bit like a stripper...

Attachments

• meet married women.jpg
    meet married women.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
The problem appears to be that he was away for 6 weeks from his wife. The longest I have been away from my wife was barely 2 weeks.

An example, I left home on the 8th of December, for a meeting in Vegas. My wife flew in on Wednesday and went home on sunday, I have to stay in Cali until Thursday the 18th and will be home by Friday the 19th. We talk every day for at least an hour at the end of the day.

Your friend probably worked his a.... off and spent too much time away. Most good women just want us, not necessarilly the money we bring in, if you married young enough, and built something from nothing with her.

I am now slowing things down, at age 43. I plan to spend alot of time with my wife, and give her enough time to miss me, but not get used to being without me. Women need to be held, and they need face time, 6 weeks will make her used to being without you, and typically, divorce is what you get.

I am a Financial Planner, I have seen this many times, women leaving their financially successful husbands for a loser. They all said they wanted more time with their husband, but he spent too much time at the office.:frown:

The dude was away doing business...not a mistress...I'm sure these women you know didn't want their husbands anymore, but it was a different story when it came to their husband's hard earned income. Last time I checked, marriage was "for better or worse".....A husband working hard is reasonable grounds for abandoning the marriage ?

I had a good friend that died in a car wreck. I am selling my NSX and giving up driving because it might happen to me too.

by your logic then I suggest you stay in a padded room to avoid injury in case you trip, and have your food blended so you don't risk choking to death.

My story merely illustrates that the system is weighted quite heavily towards women in a typical divorce. Why open yourself up to that?

I'm reasonably sure that the day after you get divorced, all your bad habits tend to dissapear.

hmm i have a friend, happily married for 18 yrs. Very wealthy.. he worked his ass off, she raised the kids, high school sweethearts.

They owned a place in florida where they'd go for the summers. Last summer he couldn't make it due to business (the same business he has killed himself in for the past 15 years to make them millionaires).

She met a bird handler while waiting the 6 weeks it was taking him to tie up loose ends. She fell for the guy, dumped her husband. She got about $4,000,000 plus 6 years of alimony at $150k/yr for his efforts at creating a business from nothing. Plus she still gets to bang the guy while the kids live with her in their old house.

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.

marriage is a waste. All these happily married guys.. i'm sure they are just as happy as my friend was before his spouse (without meaning to) fell for another guy.

It's probably the best thing that happened to him. The only ones I feel bad for are the kids... He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and move onto better things. She was probably going to do this at some point, better sooner than later.

But this does confirm what I was trying to say earlier. Knowing how to keep attraction alive the entire time you are with a woman is a necessary component that may have prevented this sort of thing. He may be a very good guy but he probably put her feet to sleep. Infedility is always the next thing once that takes place. Not all women need that kind of thing, but a lot of them do.

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.

Stuff like this scares me.

Where I work, the company was founded in 1971, so all the original owners still work here. Out of 15 owners, 5 aren't divorced. I can only imagine how many millions of dollars have been lost in this building alone in ending marriage contracts.

One of my good friends parents got divorced after over 40 years of marriage!!! No reason, 100% out of the blue. They seemed 110% happy, retired at the river on the water. His mom just decided she wanted to switch guys. She found some banker, and left.

Last edited:
get a pre-nup. If she won't sign it just walk away. assuming you have a lot to lose. If you come in with nothing then you should leave with nothing plus 1/2 of what was built.

I think everyone should get one and than if all is well after 5-10-15 years than if you like, you can throw it out. I don't have one but I am not that wealthy, so if she leaves it will be just with more bills:wink:. If you are a guy, don't put all your eggs in one basket, prepare for anything. Live a little today, so you don't feel like you missed out tommorrow...

get a pre-nup. If she won't sign it just walk away. assuming you have a lot to lose. If you come in with nothing then you should leave with nothing plus 1/2 of what was built.

Last edited:
I dont' know a whole lot about marraige but I know how to calculate some statistics and I know how to define risk vs reward. I've had more than one guy tell me it was the best thing that ever happened to them that didn't have to wait too long before they were drinking themselves to sleep in half the house they had before. When it works it's worth it I'm sure.

I dont' know a whole lot about marraige but I know how to calculate some statistics and I know how to define risk vs reward. I've had more than one guy tell me it was the best thing that ever happened to them that didn't have to wait too long before they were drinking themselves to sleep in half the house they had before. When it works it's worth it I'm sure.

I actually stopped drinking after I got married as I wasn't going out anymore. Out of all the time Renee and I have been married we have been apart for 3 over nights when I took a trip to Florida by myself. We also spend every day together as she sits right next to my desk. She is 3 feet away right now.

I stayed up until 4am to help with the baby as she has been a little finicky for the last couple of nights and Renee wasn't getting a lot of sleep for the last two days.

I think your signature says it the best:
"Blind is the world
Few are those who clearly see"

I think lot of those people who think everything is great and perfect when its not,( the non-realist type people ) are the ones you are talking about. They are the one that think that if they say something enough times it will come true. Those type of people don't know how to get what they want, and they are just happy they might have got lucky with what they just found and play along like they know what they are doing. So when it doesn't go like they dreamed of :rolleyes: they fall apart and don't know how to deal with it. So they blame marraige, other guys, her girl friends, thier own friends, and everyone but themselves. You are in controll and can have it ALL your way if you go for it. Not just because you day dream about it, but make it happen for yourself. Its not something you do one day and than from there on you will have it your way. You have to stay with it everyday for rest of your life if you want things to be your way. I live by " I do what I want,when I want, how I want to do it" motto. So I am always happy... as I get what I want because I don't take anything less...

Cliffs:

Get married.
Work hard.

It was not the 6 weeks that did it. More like the last 6 years. Remember that divorce is almost never a one sided problem. IT is like the Air Emergency on TV. A chain of erroneous events took place without acknowledgment by the couple.

My wife and I were apart for a year while she did her fellowship when our son was 3. He is now 16 and we have been together for 17 years.

Ten years ago I went through my divorce and it really devastated me emotionally....At the time it was going on, I would sometimes talk with a woman I worked with; She was married and had a couple kids. She was also pushing 300 lbs. She would tell me how her and her husband (who also was overweight, but not nearly as much as her) enjoyed their simple life together. They would do things like watch "Emerial Live" on T.V. and go to Angel's baseball games. Although I didn't want anything romantic w/ her, I still envied the domestic closeness that her and her husband seemed to have...mainly because I was in the process of losing that domestic comfort myself. Anyway, I transferred to another location soon after that and lost touch w/ this woman. Recently I ran into a mutual aquantiance and asked how she was doing...The answer ? "Oh, she ended up losing a bunch of weight and then she left her husband....It's too bad because he was a really great guy !"

Last edited:
I'm really loving this thread. I'm 28 and I really think I'm with the right girl. We've been dating almost a year now and it's true, when you know you know. But I still have my reservations, and like many on here have said, though I've dated many women, I've never been unhappy with the times that I was single. So making this final commitment still scares me even though I know she's the one. Does that make sense? I come from a family where mom and dad married and stayed together, really truly in love. Not just putting up with each other. So that's what I've come to know as "normal" and that's what I want. I really think this girl is the one. But taking that next step is scaring the $hit out of me. I guess because I know it's coming. HELP!

Ten years ago I went through my divorce and it really devastated me emotionally....At the time it was going on, I would sometimes talk with a woman I worked with; She was married and had a couple kids. She was also pushing 300 lbs. She would tell me how her and her husband (who also was overweight, but not nearly as much as her) enjoyed their simple life together. They would do things like watch "Emerial Live" on T.V. and go to Angel's baseball games. Although I didn't want anything romantic w/ her, I still envied the domestic closeness that her and her husband seemed to have...mainly because I was in the process of losing that domestic comfort myself. Anyway, I transferred to another location soon after that and lost touch w/ this woman. Recently I ran into a mutual aquantiance and asked how she was doing...The answer ? "Oh, she ended up losing a bunch of weight and then she left her husband....It's too bad because he was a really great guy !"

Reminds me of this lady I did a full rehab for on her house a long time ago when I was single. I could see she was pretty under the fat suit. She said to me one time when I was there checking in on the job..." I ain't no Barbie doll but I know how to treat a man."
I felt really bad for her as I knew she was trying to approach me but I wasn't interested.
She ended up getting a huge inheritance, LOL.

I haven't seen her around but I hope she has lost some weight. She really was a nice person. I probably should have accepted her dinner invitation as I think she was really lonely and needed some company. I still feel bad about rebuffing her. I just wasn't interested in her appearance, yeah I guess I can be shallow. Now her sister, that's a whole different story. :wink::biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm really loving this thread. I'm 28 and I really think I'm with the right girl. We've been dating almost a year now and it's true, when you know you know. But I still have my reservations, and like many on here have said, though I've dated many women, I've never been unhappy with the times that I was single. So making this final commitment still scares me even though I know she's the one. Does that make sense? I come from a family where mom and dad married and stayed together, really truly in love. Not just putting up with each other. So that's what I've come to know as "normal" and that's what I want. I really think this girl is the one. But taking that next step is scaring the $hit out of me. I guess because I know it's coming. HELP!

JUst me true to yourself and try to live the life you want for yourself. I think some guys are naturally wired to be married or have long term commited relationships, and other guys are simply more suited to be womanizers.....However, I have a lot more respect for a commited bachelor dating 100 women, as opposed to a married guy "fooling around a little" on the side. To me, it's just being insecure and an a-hole if you're cheating, but you stay in the relationship because you can't stand being alone sometimes, living a lie. We all have that inner voice that tells us when to watch out, but more often than not, we ignore it.

Last edited:

Get a pre nup. other than that go for it. with a pre nup what do you have to lose other than time and a peice of your heart.

Time out.

So yeah, I'm back in the "being single camp". It was pleasant being on the other side of the fence for 2 or 3 weeks but, whhooo, I couldn't do that any longer. What a waste of time and energy! I'm permasingle and i'm proud of it.

Back