• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Besides cars, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

Are you a stripper/gigolo? :wink:

No but I play one on TV. Funny thing today, I was talking to a lady who wanted to put her RE investments under our management. Turns out she does stripper parties. First time I have seen a stripper involved with RE. I was pretty impressed she had a retirement plan going. She seemed really smart too.

No but I play one on TV. Funny thing today, I was talking to a lady who wanted to put her RE investments under our management. Turns out she does stripper parties. First time I have seen a stripper involved with RE. I was pretty impressed she had a retirement plan going. She seemed really smart too.

That's crazy! Weren't you just telling me how you're looking to invest your stripper investments under someone's management?

Woodworking - Segmented bowl turning

The craft of segmented bowl turning. I take rough wood and cut into small pieces and form a ring. Then glue them up and turn them into a "Segmented bowl."

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

*Low res pix of my shop:

woodshoppix2.jpg

High res pix:

seg1.jpg

seg2.jpg

seg8.jpg

seg3.jpg

9r2.jpg

Other turnings/projects:

seg6.jpg

seg5.jpg

seg7.jpg

mirror3sm2.jpg

mirror1sm2.jpg

kitchentable3.jpg

Yeah that was back before I got married.:wink:

Steve also has a hobby of testing out mattresses in store and then seeing how long it takes to completely destroy it. As documented here.

Steve also has a hobby of testing out mattresses in store and then seeing how long it takes to completely destroy it. As documented here.

LOL. I ended up buying the temperpedic memory foam one with adjustable bases. You wouldn't believe the positions I can get this mattress in.

LOL. I ended up buying the temperpedic memory foam one with adjustable bases. You wouldn't believe the positions I can get in with this mattress.
:biggrin:

LOL. I ended up buying the temperpedic memory foam one with adjustable bases. You wouldn't believe the positions I can get this mattress in.

what happened to avoiding them because of body heat retention?

skyguy, that craftmanship is absolutely amazing. with that kind of skill you should seriously consider making drums. That process looks like it could easily make segmented drum shells like this guy is doing. I'd love one of his sets someday. He buys his shells from Keller, he doesn't make them himself.

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

rollover_05.jpg

aah.jpg

Drawing:smile:

Attachments

• BruceLee1.jpg
    BruceLee1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 46
  • StarWars-Anime.jpg
    StarWars-Anime.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Luke-Skywalker.jpg
    Luke-Skywalker.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Mai-Shiranui.jpg
    Mai-Shiranui.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 39
:biggrin:

Attachments

• supergirl.jpg
    supergirl.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Hyoga.jpg
    Hyoga.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 32
  • RYU.jpg
    RYU.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Swammi-Rama.jpg
    Swammi-Rama.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 36
I do a little boat in the summer time... :cool:

10416892_l.jpg

DSC03449.jpg

DSC_1717.jpg

DSC_1430.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

My other hobby is work...but since I design cars.....I am not sure that counts...
My new hobby is blodisign shirts, which I know quite a few of you have purchased (thank you!), and I will continue to expand it as my time permits.
Also I am into motorcycles a little too. A few years ago my dad gave me his 1974 Kawasaki Z1 that he had since 1976.....it was the fastest production bike made by far when it came out back then. Since I got it I have put a fair amount of work into it. I completely rebuilt the engine in it this summer and did a lot of cosmetic work to it.....it pretty silly fast for a 33 year old bike and still gets a lot of attention. I have had probably about 10 people offer to buy it from me, including 2 police officers who stopped me simply to look at it closer.:biggrin:

Before:
Image001.jpg

After:

DSC07048%20copy-2.jpg

DSC07035%20copy-2.jpg

I do a little boat in the summer time... :cool:

Whoa, were the invite for Fellow Prime members? I like that pic with all the boats lined up, so many chicks! It that a lake or something? Can you drink on the water?

I need to get out more and relax it looks like. :(

Are there any hobbies that are worthwhile besides cars? Besides work, which keeps me occupied most of the time, I am a clean freak, and enjoy cleaning and organizing. When you are O.C.D. you enjoy stuff like that. Ugh. :redface:

I do enjoy working on my home, and playing with my dog. If I had a boat, I would probably like to drive it on the water, but I have no boat and do not see myself getting one anytime soon. I have suggested to the wife that I think I can tow a jet ski with the NSX though. :cool:

Besides my 91 Black beauty I collect rare autographs -

Anarchy in the U.K.- signed by all the Sex Pistols including Sid Vicious
Beatles - Blue Album signed by all the Fab 4
Led Zeppelin -Stairway to Heaven album -singed by all including John Bonham
The Who - Quadraphenia - signed by all including Keith Moon
Rockin Roll High School - signed by all members of the Ramones
London Calling - signed by all 4 members of the Clash
Animals - signed by all 4 members of Pink Floyd
Autograph of Jimmy Hendrix and the Experience
Autograph of Jim Morrison
Autograph of Kurt Cobain while he was in Rome Italy
Guitar pic guard signed by Buckethead
Autographed black and white picture of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin

18s/19s
Niche Rhine rims
Wings West body kit

Dam:cool:

Attachments

• Image00027.jpg
    Image00027.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 51
sky,
my wife is a wood carving judge and over the years i've spent some time @ carving / wood shows. in the process i've come to appreciate the effort and skills that go into turning - your stuff looks great, thx much for sharing. (btw, it's just so amazing to me what you folks can do that i've bought enough turned goodies to stock a retail outlet... )

thx for sharing and don't be shy about posting more of your work :)

blodi,
nice work with the kawi! (i have a '76 cb750k, '70 ct 70, '69 cl160, '95 gl1500)

chong,
good stuff - keep up the good work!

Golf.

Damn I got that diease.

That's BS Steve. I know you like going fast, on land and in the water. Not so much in the air though. :smile:

1-3 sounds good to me.

OK, your reply has me perplexed?

Back