• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best LED for front parking lights

BB

Experienced Member
Anyone else using V-LEDS brand LEDs? I recently tested a whole bunch of different LED bulbs and found these looked by far the best in the NSX's front parking lights. Their light evenly fills out the entire housing with minimal "point source" effect. And they're insanely bright (180 lumen) causing them to look more like DRLs or fog lights.

194_6_w2.jpg

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/194-168-158-led/6k-white-led/6-6k.html

I also like how all the electronic components are encased in silver in order to both protect the bulb's components and to help make the bulb less visible through the light fixture lens. I have already accidentally shorted out a different vendor's bulb due to the exposed components which are so common on other tower LED bulbs.

No idea on longevity. But they do have a 1 year warranty and the company is local to me so I can return them easily.

Last edited:
Any chance of pictures? I'm running some eBay ones right now and they're not that great.

And a side question, can anyone recommend some good white and bright leds for the interior?

I found the superbrightleds.com 3022-xHP4 works best for the interior dome light and lower door lights.

timthumb.php

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon-series-bulbs/de3175-led-bulb-4-smd-led-festoon/238/

I also tried two cheaper 3022 bulbs from superbrightleds: the 3022-x4 (11 lumen) and the 3022-x9 (20 lumen), two bulbs which have been frequently recommended by forum members in the past. Both these bulbs look good in the interior but the light level is verging on being almost too dim, especially in the top dome light. By comparison the light level of the 3022-xHP4 (100 lumen) is just about perfect since it provides a significantly brighter look than stock without being blinding.

Attachments

• 194LED-1x3WLED.W_dp.jpg
    194LED-1x3WLED.W_dp.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 460
Any chance of pictures? I'm running some eBay ones right now and they're not that great.

Here's some pics. My headlights are 6000K HID from WhiteNSX and the parking lights are the VLED 6000K. It is very difficult to capture how it looks in a single picture. Basically it has the brightness shown in the first two pictures and the texture/sparkle shown in the extreme close up picture. Just imagine a really bright version of the final picture with a color temperature that is less blue and more pure white. The light rebounds off the reflector to such an extreme degree giving it a 3D effect.

hid_and_led.jpg

parking1.jpg

parking2.jpg

parking3.jpg

Do these fit all years NSX? I've gone through several million dozen hundred sets of the ebay ones, and their failure rate has been, 100%.

Vleds are pretty nice. Used them on the bike. I guess I should try them on ole red. I'll pick up a set of Amber and post up

Good info. Gotta try these. Looks like there are a lot of us in the DC-area looking to purchase. Group buy time? =p

I suspect amber would look great when the headlights are on. But when only the parking lights are on with the headlights retracted then white is better.

Nearing dusk I like to drive with only my parking lights on since I feel the pop-up headlights look really ugly. Modern cars do not have super bright white parking lights in front so to most oncoming cars the bright white LED bulbs look like DRLs. But if these lights were bright amber then it would reenforce impression that I'm running with only my parking lights on.

Do these fit all years NSX? I've gone through several million dozen hundred sets of the ebay ones, and their failure rate has been, 100%.

Failure rate on any man made product will be 100% given enough time.

A lot of newer cars have amber DRLs now. If anyone has pics of Amber up front, I'd still like to see them. This might help with HID and parking light color matching problems.

I recently installed hid (6000k) and led parking light...but after customizing some led strips I just deleted the led parking bulbs...

Last edited:
A lot of newer cars have amber DRLs now. If anyone has pics of Amber up front, I'd still like to see them. This might help with HID and parking light color matching problems.

The only cars I've noticed that have come from the factory with amber DRLs are from GM, mostly Corvettes and Camaros. Considering how our NSX is frequently mistaken for a Corvette I'd like to avoid the association. I noticed that on many of the Corvette forums everyone wants to replace their amber DRLs with white, yet many NSX owners want to do the opposite!

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the amber DRLs started with the C5. So why does everyone want to mimic a 15 year old vette? There's so many C5s on the street that whenever I see a car with pop-up headlights and amber DRLs coming towards me, I instinctively assume it's a C5.

Last edited:
The only cars I've noticed that have come from the factory with amber DRLs are from GM, mostly Corvettes and Camaros. Considering how our NSX is frequently mistaken for a Corvette I'd like to avoid the association. I noticed that on many of the Corvette forums everyone wants to replace their amber DRLs with white, yet many NSX owners want to do the opposite!

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the amber DRLs started with the C5. So why does everyone want to mimic a 15 year old vette? There's so many C5s on the street that whenever I see a car with pop-up headlights and amber DRLs coming towards me, I instinctively assume it's a C5.

Everyone??? Huh??? I don't know anyone besides the one reply(mug) who wants amber DLRs....I hate all the amber lights on all my cars....thinking of plasti dipping my side makers black to delete them....

Last edited:
Everyone??? Huh??? I don't know anyone besides the one reply(mug) who wants amber DLRs....I hate all the amber lights on all my cars....thinking of plasti dipping my side makers black to delete them....

Ok, perhaps I worded that a little too broadly. I just recall when I first started researching redoing my lights with LEDs I noticed others in several of the threads getting excited about amber bulbs in this location. There's even a picture from someone who did it and while it's not my favorite, it does look decent.

Although for a black car like yours, white is unquestionably the only choice! Looks really sharp man.

Ok, perhaps I worded that a little too broadly. I just recall when I first started researching redoing my lights with LEDs I noticed others in several of the threads getting excited about amber bulbs in this location. There's even a picture from someone who did it and while it's not my favorite, it does look decent.

Although for a black car like yours, white is unquestionably the only choice! Looks really sharp man.

No worries... I just didn't want to lumped in with the amber crowd:tongue:

Thanks man, not bad for a $20 mod huh? :biggrin:

I was just looking for a solution for the miss matched headlights and parking lights is all. Good points on Amber making the car look even more like a Vette.

Back