• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

? Best replacement clutch?

My '91 has 32000 miles on it and the clutch slips mainly in just second gear for some reason. I'm looking for suggestions on the best new clutch to buy. It's never on the track so I'm not looking for a competition version. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Given your stated usage goals, you are probably best off with a factory clutch. The NSX twin-disc unit is very well designed from Honda. It has adequate clamping force for anything up to a CTSC, low MOI and a very long life. Hard to beat it. I would also consider the OS Giken Grand Touring (Soft). It is lighter than the factory unit but with a similar pedal feel. I know Tim and his team at Pole2Flag are working on another factory-plus option.

A non tracked car needing a clutch at 32,000. Am I missing something? Nonetheless, OEM is the way to go.

^ +1. This subject has been covered many times. Use the search function. Lots of threads on the subject.

The answers, however, are not so consistent. Most love OEM. I put an SOS Sport 350 in my CTSC NA2 about a thousand miles ago and really love it so far. It feels and works great. Hopefully it lasts.

Back