• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best steak house in Chicago?

I just put Chinns as an honerable mention because they have steaks too... and I treat a bunch of people who work there. :biggrin: I am sure Marylin would love any extra help(like they need it) she can get. Pappadeux in westmont is less then ten minutes from my house. Next time you go eat there PM me and I will see if the wife will let me out of the house to buy you a glass of wine, or your beverage of choice. Bring the NSX of course. :biggrin:

O-Ace said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I ended up reserving a table at Morton's. Tried Gibson's but it was sold out for tonight.
Really can't go wrong with either place... FWIW, the Hugo's Frog Bar next to Gibsons has a good deal of menu overlap, and I think the steaks are the same.

Am a recent convert to Ruth's Chris and their cowboy ribeye... IMO a pretty good chain (Chicago also has also Capital Grille, The Palm, Shula's, in addition to some of the ones already mentioned etc). Bob Chinn's on the river (the old courthouse bldg) was pretty good, but they recently shut down.

If volume's your game, the new Sal e Carvao (Brazilian churrascaria) downtown is pretty good -- IMO better than Fogo de Chao. Their "deal" is really on weekday lunches for about $30. Just watch out for the caipirinha tab :)

If O'Hare area is open -- The Black Ram in Desplaines has a pretty decent prime rib. Or for business entertaining, the Gaslight Club in the O'Hare Hilton has that little "something extra" :)

Back