• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best way to clean wheels?

Of course for you single guys the options are imense.

Notice the use if a clean sponge for the wheels

Attachments

• car wash.jpg
    car wash.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 372
D'Ecosse said:
Aah, Armando - you have your sisters wash the car, huh?

armando, whoever you are....i'm coming over for dinner....looking forward to the dessert :D

I use plain soap and water too but Zymol does make a product specifically for wheels that if applied to a clean set of wheels does make subsequent cleanings much easier. It keeps the dirt from grabbing onto the surface and easier to remove.
FYI, I don't work for Zymol, it works for me.

Last edited:
D'Ecosse said:
Aah, Armando - you have your sisters wash the car, huh?

You mean sister-in-laws, right? :D I wouldn't let my sisters wash my car like that, especially in that outfit (I am just a protective brother). :rolleyes:

Soap and water does the trick for me. The question for me is not so much how do I get my rims clean, but how do I prevent brake dust from settling on them shortly thereafter and ruining that shine. Anybody else have that problem? :(

Regards.

I usually put a wax on my rims after washing them. I find that it sort of repells the grease, and easy to remove it when you wash it.

speaking of wheels, how about tires? any good tire dressing products out there? after i give that shine to my tires, i take a drive and it splatters all over the rear quarter panels....any suggestions?

speaking of wheels, how about tires? any good tire dressing products out there? after i give that shine to my tires, i take a drive and sometimes that grease gets onto the body panels....any suggestions?

oops, two posts...how did that happen? :p

ahhhh....i see. the secret is to get a few of those girls to lean against my X and that grease on the panels will be all gone.....

thanks for the advice, miamienesex!

bling! 200th post....congrats to myself.

Blue Knight said:
speaking of wheels, how about tires? any good tire dressing products out there? after i give that shine to my tires, i take a drive and sometimes that grease gets onto the body panels....any suggestions?

Hey Blue Knight

Stoner's "More Shine Less Time" is the best I have ever used. Use it very sparingly and allow ~1/2 hour to dry. It does not cake on like others and has a nice satin finish.

Tiger740 said:
I usually put a wax on my rims after washing them. I find that it sort of repells the grease, and easy to remove it when you wash it.

Yup.

Has anybody here tried this stuff?

wheel_wax.jpg

Blue Knight said:
after i give that shine to my tires, i take a drive and it splatters all over the rear quarter panels....any suggestions?
I had the 3M paint protection film applied to my side skirts and quarter panels for this reason. Nothing sticks to that stuff! Any surface dirt wipes off with a little quick detailer spray.

Back