• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks

I am ready to get new shocks for my 91. It seem as though for basic weekend driving, most of you guys are going with Bilstein shock on the "lower setting" with stock springs, correct?

I would like to lower my car about an 1", I am not sure I can go any lower that that with the 17/18 setup and Marga Hills front bumper.

Is there a certain Model I should be looking at for my NSX?
Sprt, heavy duty, race ?

I assume this is what you guys are running on your cars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILS...hZ019QQitemZ8071865228QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

badtl1000s said:
I am ready to get new shocks for my 91. It seem as though for basic weekend driving, most of you guys are going with Bilstein shock on the "lower setting" with stock springs, correct?
A lot of NSX owners go that way. I have my Bilsteins installed using the perch to maintain the stock ride height.

badtl1000s said:
I would like to lower my car about an 1", I am not sure I can go any lower that that with the 17/18 setup and Marga Hills front bumper.
17"/18" wheels with the proper sized tires (215/40-17 and either 255/35-18 or 265/35-18) do not change the ride height of the car or the clearance in the wheel wells, since they have approximately the same outer dimensions as the stock sized tires.

badtl1000s said:

Is there a certain Model I should be looking at for my NSX?
Sprt, heavy duty, race ?

I assume this is what you guys are running on your cars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILS...hZ019QQitemZ8071865228QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Weekend driver, 17/18 and still need of comfort, lower by 0.875 inch -> Bilsteins are a good choice for these needs. Bilsteins only have heavy dutys, no sports. (race available?) These Bilstein-no. are correct as stated on ebay.

I have a daily driver and am just now having Zanardi springs installed with the Bilsteins to drop the car about 1/2". Just a thought for you.

I think Bilstein shocks were one of my best upgrades on my 94. They made a *huge* difference over my worn out shocks.

I'm very pleased with my Koni sport shocks. Installed a couple of months ago. I have Bilstein on my Lexus, not so hot. Had Koni on my MR2 S/C and loved them there also.
My NSX is my three season daily driver.

Edit. My NSX is a 98 with 20,000 miles. Anyone want the OEM shocks cheap?

jmp said:
I have a daily driver and am just now having Zanardi springs installed with the Bilsteins to drop the car about 1/2". Just a thought for you.

Please do a search. The Bilsteins will not be able to handle the Zanardi springs.

Back