• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black 95 NSX Stolen in Loudon County, VA

Source:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Help-Catch-a-Car-Thief-125499478.html

The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to identify a car thief.

The victim was a man who placed an ad on the website AutoTrader, trying to sell his 1995 black Acura NSX-T Coupe.

The suspect set up a meeting, drove around with the victim and then persuaded the car owner to allow him to drive the Acura to the bank to obtain money to close the deal. The suspect lost the victim in traffic and did not return with the money.

LCSO describes the suspect as a Hispanic male, 5’8” in height, with medium build. Images of him were captured on surveillance tape at a gas station which you can view here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HOhu7yb6qA)

Anyone with information is asked to contact Investigator C. Staub of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Auto Theft Prevention Unit at 703-777-0475.

I just saw this on the evening news today. I was like, "that looks like an NSX!". And then I was like, "I wonder if I know the owner...". And then I was like, "WTF I hope I don't know this guy!" Anyways, just thought I'd help get the word out.

So let me get this straight, the owner allowed someone he didn't know drive his Nsx w/o him in the car? What an idiot.

So let me get this straight, the owner allowed someone he didn't know drive his Nsx w/o him in the car? What an idiot.

Fee FI Fo FUm

It smells more like this:

1. owner needed the maximum $$$ for the NSX
2. Insurance pays the most
3. Owner gets rid of a slow NSX - '95 model

I was about to flip out when I read the thread title because all it said was "Loudon" and in the Southeast Forum. I'm from Loudon County, Tennessee.

Hope he gets his car back or a replacement if, indeed, it was legitimately stolen.

Fee FI Fo FUm

It smells more like this:

1. owner needed the maximum $$$ for the NSX
2. Insurance pays the most
3. Owner gets rid of a slow NSX - '95 model
Yeah, thats the first thing I thought. It makes more sense unless he was really that dumb/trusting to let a stranger drive his car alone.

darn shame...

Looks like owner is mul1gan, hasn't logged in since 2004
That Prime user is likely the former owner, as-per the license/tag plate here vs. current license/tag plate here.

FWIW, I spend a lot of time off-&-on in Loudon County area of NorVA / DC as I have family & friends there. Great area, but I've noted rise in petty/non-violent crime there over the years. My sis's car has been vandalized/broken-into, dad's cell phone stolen from his coat, toys/bikes "disappeared", and so on. But, of-course all that can happen anywhere but it seemed somewhat disproportionate considering the affluent/surburb'esque surroundings.

Last edited:
Forgive the bump, but a car just surfaced on the Car Lounge (vwvortex off-shoot) that may or may not match the description of this vehicle.

Any thoughts?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...I-just-found-an-abondoned-NSX...-(pics)/page2

tumblr_lqyfjgjI5n1qda3xfo1_500.png

tumblr_lqyfkayPnC1qda3xfo1_500.png

tumblr_lqyfj2Kfj31qda3xfo1_500.png

lol interesting forum thread you got going on at vwvortex

Back